Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alright. It was time! Such a big step to take, and yet...he didn't even know where Amalthea was. Horatio sighed, wondering where to start. One of these days he was going to have to better understand where people were. Probably. Maybe. Or he just wasn't cut out at remembering these things, and instead just wandering around looking like a fool. Oh well, if it worked!

So he let himself relax. Everything would go well, right? It had to. She didn't seem too turned off when he had spoken to her last. Surprised, yes, and a little humble, but he wouldn't consider that showing disinterest...or should he?

Oh, whatever. Horatio would take the plunge, and see what happened with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:12 pm
User Image

Amalthea was slowly making her way back from visiting with her father and the queen, enjoying the quiet time she was surprised to have- nobody needed any help today and so she was free to wander a bit. She was thinking about everything that had been going on.. but what stuck out most was .. well, every moment with Horatio. Mostly the last conversation they had had, however badly she had handled it. She still wasn't entirely sure how she felt about what he said. She was opening up again but her status still held her back. Being a slave wasn't the end of the world, she knew that now.. and it didn't mean you had to be alone forever, she saw that with Unyezi and Nerit. They were kind of the mom and dad of all the slaves and probably the best example there could be for all of them. Or so she liked to think.

Her mind occupied with various thoughts about life, she didn't particularly keep an eye on where she was going or who was around.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:57 pm
Horatio wasn't really looking where he was going, but he might have been paying a bit more attention than Amalthea, as he had spotted her not too far off. Feeling his stomach drop at the thought of approaching her, he resisted the urge to smack himself for feeling like that. He feared rejection, not her. Breathing, he kept telling himself that has he walked in her direction. She seemed pretty relaxed today, and hoped to the Great Lion that this was a sign for good things to come.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleeeeease!

"Hey, Amalthea," he greeted after clearing his throat.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:09 pm
Startled out her thoughts by the very lion she'd been thinking of, Amalthea couldn't help but jump and look wide-eyed at Horatio-- but very quickly she relaxed, sighing.

"Sorry, you startled me," she breathed, "I was just thinking about you."

She bit her lip, wondering if she should have said that- but it wasn't a bad thing.

"Um- What are you doing out here?" she asked, deciding striking up a conversation might work as a distraction.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 pm
Oops. His ears swiveled forward when he realized that he scared her half to death. He didn't mean...oh? Wait, did she just say what he thought she said? Before he had a chance to ask, she asked a question. And...well, it wasn't really an easy question to answer.

"Actually, I was looking for you," he said with a shrug and sheepish smile. Hopefully that wouldn't sound too weird, but...but didn't she mention him already? Couldn't be that strange, then.

He needed to stop asking himself so many questions and just be more upfront with himself. And her, really.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm
"O-oh?" she said, laughing nervously but forcing a more cheerful smile as she continued, "You're very good at finding me- or I'm good at finding you when you're looking for me." It did seem to happen conveniently.. but that was assuming she'd been found every time he was looking for her and she thought it would be silly to assume there were more times.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Ok. Take the leap. It was the first thing he heard in his mind. Here he goes!

"Funny that it happens that way. I almost think it's meant to be that way." And he was starting to really think that way, too. It made him feel more confident in this decision to tell her. First, though, to find the right time.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you since...that one night." Yeah. Where he utterly failed. Great way to start, good job, Horatio.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:32 pm
"You think?" she asked, smiling. It was nice to have a friend and it was all too convenient that they had such an easy time running into each other.

"I've been ok, keeping busy but.. nobody needs anything today, so I have some free time now," she said, trying to find an excuse for not seeking out Horatio before and show she wasn't about to rush away now. It would be more fun hanging out with Horatio, for sure.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 pm
He smiled. "That's good," he started, trying to gather up the jumble of words in his mind and organize them before they spilled out. "I'm glad you've got some time, cause I wanted to talk to you..." And talking might be part of it, but he hoped that Amalthea wouldn't get too silent with him.

"Umm, I'm not really sure how to go about this," he mumbled, feeling bashful suddenly. Annoying, because normally he felt so confident, if bumbling around, in what he did. This felt different.

Ugh, just dive in, damnit! "I really like you, Amalthea."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:31 pm
Amalthea knew what was coming, especially considering how much thought she had put into what had already happened the other night. She still wasn't ready for it, though, and had no idea how to respond when he finally spit it out.

"I- uh-"

She stammered and then went silent, but she knew her silence was what had caused problems last time. He was here with a purpose this time, she had to say something. Despite every worry and insecurity she still had about the whole situation, she had an honest answer.

"I really like you, too," she said, finally, though she didn't look exactly .. happy admitting it.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 pm
"Ah..." He really wanted to draw himself closer to her, but her reactions made him wary of doing so. Would that ruin what little step they were taking forward? Would it make her even...run away from him? She seemed so worried about it, and it made his heart sting.

"What's wrong?" he asked carefully, if a bit hurt. "Is there...something else going on?" His mind flourished with different thoughts of what it could be, but he couldn't just settle on one of them. She should be happy, shouldn't she? "Something I can help with?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:54 pm
She could see how much pain and doubt she was causing by hesitating but she couldn't turn her mind off. She had been so distressed when she became a slave and though she knew plenty of examples of happy slaves.. it was still an adjustment and she just couldn't see this as a normal or simple situation. He wasn't proposing, worst case scenario right now was just harmless gossip.. right? And that was already a risk just being friends.

"Nothing," she said, taking a deep breath and finally smiling, "Nothing's wrong. I'm sorry, I worry too much." She never used to worry and then she had been much worse before meeting Horatio. He was a great help, even if she kept making things harder.

"I don't know why you'd like me so much," she said, "I keep making things so awkward."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:03 pm
He glanced at her, one eyebrow arched as he waited for her reply. After it came out, he let himself relaxed, but still let his eyes search for her's. She didn't seem to want the eye contact, at least to him, so he let his eyes linger downwards, if just for a moment. He wasn't one to hold himself back much, however, and returned his glance toward her.

"I can't help myself, I guess," he smiled. "I'm sorry if I rushed things. We can take it slowly if you'd like?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:02 pm
"No, don't be sorry!" she squeaked, then smiled, "We can't both be sorry, that's even more awkward." She really didn't want to make him feel bad for saying what he thought-- and while she could worry about the details, it wasn't a bad thing he had said.

She opened her mouth to say something else but she couldn't figure out what would be best to say. So she closed her mouth again and instead took one slow step closer- and nearly jumped the rest of the way, leaning into Horatio, as close as she could really get to hugging him.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:20 pm
He had been a little worried. Well, more than just a little, but he was happy that it seemed to be working alright. He thought. Ugh he needed to stop letting his mind run away from him. At least his mouth didn't join in on the running away part.

He lowered his head a bit, wanting to take it slowly. As much as he felt overwhelmed with joy, he didn't want to startle Amalthea.

This moment, though? Was perfect.

Fin.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces