3/4 Rankings!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:05 am
Just 4 weeks left in the NFL season, and even with a couple of 10-2 teams, no one has of yet secured a playoff spot. This season is so competitive it may just come down to the final week to determine who's in and who's out. Here's how I see them coming into the final stretch of the regular season.

Top 12
1. New England Patriots- How can I argue against a 45-3 romping of the now 9-3 Jets who beat them earlier this season?

2. Atlanta Falcons- Another nail biter against Tampa Bay, but the Falcons continue to remain the NFC's best

3. Chicago Bears- After loosing 3 of 4, the Bears have bounced back to win 5 straight, including a huge win over Vick and the Eagles. Many people will be glued to the TV this week when the Bears take on the Pats.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers- Big Ben keeps the Steelers on top of the AFC North, broken nose and all.

5. New Orleans Saints- The defending Superbowl Champs are still a top team in the NFC, cannot overlook them for a second.

6. Philadelphia Eagles- Might be the most dangerous team in the NFC, but the loss to the Bears have raised some doubts as to if Vick and company can get it done in the playoffs.

7. Baltimore Ravens- Seriously guys, you can't leave Troy Polamalu unaccounted for when the game and possibly the division title is on the line.

8. New York Jets- Maybe I'm being harsh on the Jets, but a 45-3 blow out will knock you down a few pegs.

9. Green Bay Packers- Staying on the Bears heels in the NFC North. Their final game against the Bears will be huge.

10. Kansas City Chiefs- Still have the Raiders and Chargers on their tail, but continue to hold on strong in the West.

11. New York Giants- They may be 8-4, but they are 2-2 in their last 4 games

12. Jacksonville Jaguars- Looking back where I ranked the Jaguars the last time, I was probably too harsh on them. They are playing strong, under the radar, and rounds out my top 12

Muddled Middle
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Still in the playoff hunt, but haven't beaten a single team with a winning record.

14. Oakland Raiders- Sundays win over the Chargers keeps the Raiders playoff hopes alive

15. San Diego Chargers- Right when they get the ball rolling, the Raiders come by and complete a season sweep.

16. Indianapolis Colts- Manning has 11 INT in their last 3 games, but you can't put all the blame on Peyton's shoulders for the Colts woes.

17. Cleveland Browns- Their last two games were close and ugly, but wins are wins, and the Browns just might be 7-7 going into their last two games against the Ravens and Steelers

18. St. Louis Rams- So much concern for a division winner being in the playoffs with a 7-9 record, but the Rams are at .500, were people over reacting too early?

19. Seattle Seahawks- Like the Rams, but just might have the slightly more favorable remaining schedule.

20. Miami Dolphins- Henne's inconsistency may lead to the Dolphins going QB shopping this off season.

21. Dallas Cowboys- Playing strong under Intern head coach Jason Garrett, will give the Cowboys lots to look look forward too next season if this is a preview of things to come.

22. Houston Texans- Their inconsistency is dooming the Texans yet again. May be time for a Head Coach change up this off season?

Bottom of the Barrel
23. Minnesota Vikings- Have won two straight under their new head coach, but Favre will finish his career not with a bang, but a whimper.

24. Washington Redskins- Mike Shannahan is a great coach, but with the resurgence of the Cowboys they may just finish last in the East.

25. San Francisco 49ers- Alex Smith will start once again against the Seahawks. They loose Sunday, and their slim playoff chances will be gone.

26. Tennessee Titans- Jeff Fisher is the longest running head coach in the NFL, this could be the end of his run with the Titans

27. Denver Broncos- It worked for the Cowboys and Vikings, lets see if an Intern head coach can spark life into the Broncos

28. Buffalo Bills- Sundays loss was bad, but overall they are still playing strong for a 2-10 team.

29. Detroit Lions- Just might be competitive if Stafford can stay healthy.

30. Arizona Cardinals- Potentially ending the season last in the worst division of the NFL is a long fall for a team that was in the Superbowl only 2 seasons ago.

31. Cincinnati Bengals- Too much talent on offense for this team to be 2-10, a real enigma.

32. Carolina Panthers- They're trying so hard to get that second win, but maybe the Panthers should accept their fate and settle for 1st overall pick in the NFL draft.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:24 pm
Locks and Bagels
San Francisco 49ers- Alex Smith will start once again against the Seahawks. They loose Sunday, and their slim playoff chances will be gone.
Great, this has me concerned.  

KTS

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:53 pm
KTS
Locks and Bagels
San Francisco 49ers- Alex Smith will start once again against the Seahawks. They loose Sunday, and their slim playoff chances will be gone.

Me too. Mike Singletary commented saying he's going back to the QB that he believes gives them the best chance to win on Sunday. And that who will start at QB will be determined on a week by week basis, meaning that Troy Smith might get the starting nod again after this.

But the bottom line is that this is the 49ers last shot, they win they are still alive. They loose, then their season is over, so what point would there be in continuing the QB carousel week in and week out. Singletary is most likely gone at the end of the season, and with this being the last year on Alex Smiths contract, he's most likely gone as well, unless they win out the rest of the season and make a miraculous come from behind win to steal the NFC West division title from both the Rams and Seahawks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:59 pm
No Titans?  

Bored_Hero_55

2,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

KTS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:20 pm
Locks and Bagels
KTS
Locks and Bagels

being the last year on Alex Smiths contract
This makes me glad.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:41 pm
Bored_Hero_55
No Titans?

They are at 26.  

Just A Black Cat

Wasay-Q

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:43 pm
redface crying redface crying redface crying redface crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying redface redface redface redface redface redface redface crying

REDSKINS out of PLAyOFF PICTURE crying crying

surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised If SKINS win the rest of their games and the the GIATS win 1 or lose all of them we might be able be in the playoffs surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised wink wink wink wink surprised surprised surprised surprised eek eek eek eek  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:58 am
I would have the Pack at 5 or 6, but that's just me. They really need a ground game though...  

Nyuupyon
Captain

Rioque

Aged Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:17 pm
ITs really disappointing how some teams fall downward after a really promising season

(49ers, cardinals, titans)  
The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff