Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Community Sniper Game! - Archive Mode Activate!

Back to Guilds

After a while of dust setting in, the Guild has gone into Archive Mode. 

Tags: strategy, game, sniper, social, deceit 

Reply I Am Me!
Rome! :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nymphiedora
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:53 am
I'm going to Rome tomorrow! biggrin I'm super excited! I havent travelled anywhere for over month and that is just far too long. Especially since my last trip MEGA SUCKED so really its been 2 months since I had a fun trip.

I'm going for 4 days smile I'm not sure what I'm going to do while I'm there but I'm sure I'll find plenty of stuff. I'm going to go to the Vatican and try not to be blasphmous! WISH ME LUCK! I hope I dont fart D: That would be rude. I seem to have unpleasant bodily functions while travelling in Europe sometimes. I had a paranormal fart in the most haunted underground vaults in the world in Scotland! It almost blew my pants off! D:And I threw up a hamburger in Hamburg TWICE in front of about 60 Germans. Hopefully I can be a normal person in Italy.

Has anyone been to Rome before? What should I do??? My parents told me to eat lots of ice cream lol XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 am
I've actually just been to Rome this past May- it's beautiful! I can't even imagine what it's going to look like this time of year.

Okay, a few tips for places to go!

- The Spanish steps. There's a piazza (that's Italian for plaza) with this grand staircase. It's very popular for photographs.

- The fountain de Trevi. It was featured in this movie, "Three Coins in the Fountain" or something like that. But it's really cool, with Poseidon and all his bitches hanging out. (If you go there, you'll find a gelato shop just behind it that I can highly recommend!)

- Looking for more beautiful (albeit religious) art? Go to... just about any cathedral. I can't even name the ones I went to, but they've all got beautiful bits of artwork. Rome used to be the epicenter of art because most art was based around Jesus. The best part is that you can do lots of little visits just on foot, including Trevi and the steps!

- The Coliseum and Palatine Hill. Very cool stuff, be sure to take at least a long afternoon!

A few little tourist tips:

- Italian taxis are scarier than a rollercoaster. Wear your seatbelt!

- Most restaurants will have English-speaking staff. If not, pray to god that someone with you knows a little Italian!

- Don't ******** around at the Vatican. Those Swiss guards may be dressed funny, but their swords are not funny at all. Remind ladies in your group to dress modestly, keeping their shoulders covered. Gentlemen and ladies alike should wear long pants. Listen to all directions, and please remember- it's the Sistine Chapel. Don't ask if there's a fifteenth or seventeenth, even ironically- the tour guides have heard it before and will think you're an idiot.

- There will be strange guys around the major attractions carrying roses. They will push the rose into your hand and say something like, "For the beautiful lady," then demand money. Your best approach is to make no eye contact, avoid them, and don't take the goddamn flower.

- Gelato. Oh, gelato. Don't go looking for ice cream, look for gelato. It's fruit-flavored sorbet, usually made with real fruit. It's an orgasm on a cone.

- McDonald's. Look, I know you don't want to eat fast food that you can get at home, but at least go take a look at the menu. It's funny to see what different McDonald's have in different countries.

- Finally- SODA! If you like soda, be wary, it's not like it is at home! You may have noticed this in Germany, but America makes their soda differently. American soda is manufactured with high fructose corn syrup, since corn is subsidized by the government, but in just about every other country in the world, soda is made with real sugar. It definitely makes a difference- the sweetness is stronger, but a little softer on the tongue. It doesn't have the same cut as soda with high fructose corn syrup. Just something to keep your nose out for.

- Oh, and eat lots of Italian food.

If you have any questions, you can ask me, and I'll try to answer as best as I can!  

Anael De Ezra

8,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Nymphiedora
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:09 am
Thanks Ezzy! : D I'm definitely planning on seeing the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain : )

I'm going alone and dont speak any Italian! gonk But I should be fine. I have had a LOT of practice with language barriers in the past few months xd

My parents told me to get gelato too! BUT ITS SO COLD! Hopefully Italy will be warmer than Germany so it will be ok.

I love McDs in other countries : ) Germany's McDs are so fun. They have "American" fries. They're served with sour cream because thats the American way! rofl They also have a lot of sausage items. Like German sausage, not the kind we're used to. Anyways I will def look at a McDs menu in Italy.

I'm really interested in the Coliseum smile And I've heard about Palatine Hill, so I'll make sure to go there. Did you go to the Forum? I heard it used to be free but costs money now D: I'm not sure if its worth it.

I really hope they put Christmas things up already biggrin That would be really exciting.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm
If I remember right, it'll cost a little money to get into the Coliseum, but Palatine Hill/the Forum (since they're part and parcel) is free. You will want to take a tour, and there are people offering tours outside of the Coliseum. The tours are definitely worth it!

I remember the one McD's in Rome I went into was HUGE and decorated with glass panels like a real restaurant! (I just had to go to the bathroom, I didn't know I'd feel like I needed to wear a tie!)  

Anael De Ezra

8,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Tedie Behr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:17 pm

go to the vatican and take pictures of the popemobile

take pictures in general because i want to see italy but i'm too poor atm sad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:23 pm
Tedie Behr

Actually, the Popemobile only comes out on Wednesdays.

Also, I don't think you're allowed to take photographs in the Vatican.  

Anael De Ezra

8,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Nymphiedora
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:49 pm
Anael De Ezra
Tedie Behr

eek gonk Seriously? No Vatican pics? DDD:

The Vatican Museums are free on the last Sunday of every month smile And guess which Sunday I'm going to be there! WIN!!

Tedie - I'll take lots of pics and put them in here biggrin Or I'll put a link to my facebook ablum in here, thats close enough!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:06 pm
Nymphiedora
Anael De Ezra
Tedie Behr

The Vatican Museums are free on the last Sunday of every month smile And guess which Sunday I'm going to be there! WIN!!

Tedie - I'll take lots of pics and put them in here biggrin Or I'll put a link to my facebook ablum in here, thats close enough!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure no photographs are allowed, at least not inside, but you might want to check your information. (I didn't have a camera, so I didn't pay attention.)

... oh god, don't go on a Sunday. gonk Do you know how damn crowded it's going to be?  

Anael De Ezra

8,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Nymphiedora
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:11 pm
Anael De Ezra
Nymphiedora
Anael De Ezra
Tedie Behr

Yeah, I'm pretty sure no photographs are allowed, at least not inside, but you might want to check your information. (I didn't have a camera, so I didn't pay attention.)

... oh god, don't go on a Sunday. gonk Do you know how damn crowded it's going to be?
YEAH but its freeeeeeee. Which will probably make it even more crowded. But I cant afford to pay to go in so I have to go on Sunday.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:40 pm
take a picture of a mcdonalds menu for me!
i wish to see the fast food from a thousand countries  

melona-pan

Cute Cultist

KeJoRo
Vice Captain

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 am
I find it particuarly amusing when McDonald's puts on the "taste of America" promotions in my country razz

Also, as for Rome, I completely agree with everyone here, take lots of pictures!

Also, watch out for creepy-looking men, they normally are creepy. My 15 year-old cousin was having her backside pinched on virtually every street, even when her parents were behind her.

Worst of it, is she's very reclusive, so that put her off going on holiday abroad ever again.  
I Am Me!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games