Welcome to Gaia! ::

The NFL Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the game. 

Tags: National Football League, Football, Pigskin, American, Sports 

Reply The NFL Guild
The Day After Yesterday! (Week 10 Thoughts)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:37 am
Talk about a topsy tervy day in the NFL, Ravens fall, Steelers fall, Giants fall, Cowboys won, Bills won, and one of the better QB performances came from the hands of Tyler Thigpen? (4th quarter only) Here are my day after thoughts.

1. 49ers cure for bad teams4 weeks ago the San Francisco 49ers got their first win of the season by beating the Oakland Raiders, what followed was a three game winning streak for Oakland where they have outscored their opponents 115-37. Two weeks ago in London we've seen the 49ers pick up their second win of the season by beating the Denver Broncos, After the Bye week the Broncos bounced back with a massacre of their own with a 49-29 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs, leading at one point 35-0. It just might be coincidence, and we don't know how the Broncos will go from here, or how the Rams will follow up their loss to San Francisco yesterday, but that is two bizzar turnarounds. Just a little thing to cross my mind while watching the scores from yesterday's game.

2. More Impressive run, Oakland or Cleveland?- True looking back on their last three games the Raiders run has seemed more impressive, 3-0, huge outscoring their opponent games, and now shares a lead in the AFC West, but i'm more impressed by what the Cleveland Browns have been able to do in their past three games, even in a loosing effort yesterday, which could have easily been another win, they are 2-1 against three tough teams who have a combined 20-7 win loss record. And their 2-1 record going up against the Saints, Patriots and Jets is more impressive than the Raiders three wins over the Broncos, Seahawks and Chiefs. Several of my friends during the draft thought I was crazy when I said If I were the Rams I would have passed on Sam Bradford with their #1 overall pick, taken Ndamukong Suh, then with their second pick taken Colt McCoy who was still on the board to be their new starting QB. No disrespect to Bradford who is doing an amazing job in St. Louis, but Colt is as a starter 2-2 against 4 of the top teams in the league who absolutely no one in their right mind would have picked against in favor of the Browns. Raiders are doing good, but the Browns are the most exciting team in the NFL for me to watch..

3. Unbelievable plays- Yesterdays games showcased an amazing horde of amazing plays which were some of the greatest plays and displays of athleticism I've seen all season. From the Jaguars Hail Marry miracle at the end of their game against the Texans, to LeGarrete Blout's mid air spin for a touchdown after being hit at the 1 for the Buccaneers, to Ochocinco's amazing tip toe touchdown reception against the Colts. I normally watch post game highlights for every game only once or twice Sunday night to see all the games best elements and everything else I missed while watching the Sunday games I normally watched. But yesterday had so many amazing plays, I was up til 1am watching them over and over, and even this morning running over to youtube to see if I could find some of those plays to rewatch. If you haven't seen them, turn on Sportcenter now and watch them. Or try and catch them now while you can here.
http://assets.delvenetworks.com/NFL_football_video_streaming_online/?m=36d7a79c63c94357b04bf3e3e0f15e8a

Players Shout Out!
Entire Dallas Cowboys Roster- Last week during my Mid season rankings I placed Dallas last, calling them a team with absolutely no heart. Yesterday, against the team I had ranked #2, with new interm head coach Jason Garrett, they played an amazing game and avenged a loss earlier this year to the same Giants. I could shuffle through and pick out their top players to list, but yesterday everyone on their roster stepped up their game, and for the first time we've seen the Cowboys play like the Superbowl team we thought they would be. Everyone on that team gets a shout out from me this week.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:52 am
Locks and Bagels

Players Shout Out!
Entire Dallas Cowboys Roster- Last week during my Mid season rankings I placed Dallas last, calling them a team with absolutely no heart. Yesterday, against the team I had ranked #2, with new interm head coach Jason Garrett, they played an amazing game and avenged a loss earlier this year to the same Giants. I could shuffle through and pick out their top players to list, but yesterday everyone on their roster stepped up their game, and for the first time we've seen the Cowboys play like the Superbowl team we thought they would be. Everyone on that team gets a shout out from me this week.
That is until Mike Vick showed up and out shined the Cowboys and Tom Brady in one swoop  

KTS

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:27 am
KTS
Locks and Bagels

Players Shout Out!
That is until Mike Vick showed up and out shined the Cowboys and Tom Brady in one swoop
He did have an amazing night last night. I actually called the police on Michael Vick, telling the cops that he was murdering the Redskins! His name has already been added to the conversation for League MVP this year, his performance alone last night might have been enough to secure that title.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:46 pm
Who do you guy's vote for i go for the NY Giants!Alright back to the main idea NY GIANTS!!!No just kidding I know were on the idea of Dallas Cowboys but I feel like Dallas Cowboys oh we are talking about them oh how bad am I! NY GIANTS WOOHOO!!! Here is a picture Haha : P

User Image

User Image

User Image  

xx_Me_is_Smart_Cookie_xx

5,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:20 am
DJ girlove
Who do you guy's vote for i go for the NY Giants!Alright back to the main idea NY GIANTS!!!No just kidding I know were on the idea of Dallas Cowboys but I feel like Dallas Cowboys oh we are talking about them oh how bad am I! NY GIANTS WOOHOO!!! Here is a picture Haha : P

User Image

User Image

User Image

I will give the Giants credit, that was a nice come from behind victory yesterday against the Jacksonville Jaguars, and with the Eagles loosing to the Bears, they are running step by step with the Eagles for the division title.  
The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games