Heard of her?
  Yes!
  No....
  I just want gold.
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:55 pm
I feel very behind because I haven't bothered to get the most recent Women of the Otherworld book or the one before it. And possibly the one before that. I forget what book they're on now, even. n.n" I just... didn't like Hope enough, the first book with her as the main character kind of made me lose interest in the series (eben though I loved the short story where she was first introduced), and I don't want to buy a hardcover when I didn't read the last book or two. Someday, I need to figure out if I can get a library card in the town I go to school in. XD Then I don't have to worry about spending money.

And I refuse to buy Men of the Otherworld, 'cause I read all of them on her website forever ago. Not gonna spend the money. <.<"  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:07 pm
I love Kelley Armstrong! I've only read Bitten and the YA series Darkest Powers and I'm already obsessed. I just bought Bitten and I just finished reading the Reckoning. Has anyone else read the Darkest Powers series?  

AmethystofBlackRose

x-I-x Kyraa Kitty x-I-x

5,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:41 pm
i read TDP series and it was good...until the end... it was such of a let down and left with so many loose ends i kinda just wanted to write KA myself and be like WTH DO YOU KNOW WHAT AN ENDING IS?!?!?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:46 pm
I feel like I should write something in this thread, solely because her books were such a big part of my teenage years.

I can't honestly believe that the Women of the Otherworld series is still going. But I looked when I was at the bookstore the other day, and there are new ones. I stopped reading it around when Hope became a main character and never picked it back up. I don't know why, I just stopped caring at all. Which is odd, because I was obsessed with the books when they first started coming out. I guess I just got tired of the series, but I don't remember the specifics. It was years ago.

Ooooo, I'm looking at her website right now, and she has a new Nadia planned! Exciting! No release date, though, or even a title, so probably not anytime soon. Apparently there's another possibly non-fantasy book coming out next summer. Maybe I'll read that. Maybe.

Holy s**t, there are 13 Otherworld books. gonk  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:02 pm
I was browsing through the channel guide on TV today and guess what SciFi has now? A TV show based on the Elena books! What even!

I didn't actually watch it.

Also, apparently the Women of the Otherworld series is finally ending. The last book came out or is coming out very soon. The new Nadia book came out or is coming out soon and I plan to get that. But I don't think I'm going to catch up on or finish the Otherworld series.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:01 pm
I knew that plot line sounded familiar! Why couldn't they have picked a better series? One with a little less...angst.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 pm
Because angst makes TV series soooooo much better, clearly.

I would have preferred if they'd chosen Paige as the main character. She was my favorite of the main characters in the series. But people like werewolves, I guess.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:39 pm
Obviously rolleyes , that must be why they canned the Dresden Files. Although they did butcher that show. Let's see if they do any better with Bitten.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

golden-priestess2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:20 pm
i love her books. My two favorite characters are Paige and Elena love the first four books. smile .  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff