Submit

Heard of her?
  Yes!
  No....
  I just want gold.
View Results

draven_heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:48 pm
Yeah. Finally people who know kelley armstrong. Its been a year since i've been on gaia. Anyway back to the topic. Love the books have them all.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:03 pm
Yes, they're such good books. I can't wait for the next one. Although it's annoying that it's going to be in hardcover.  

NightIntent
Captain

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:05 pm
I love these books. I first read Bitten a few years and read it at least once a year. Only discovered the sequel this year, and I love it. I love Elena's character, and the author writes superbly  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:26 pm
I love all her heroines. xD
Eve's usually my favourite, but I have to admit, I'm dying to read about those werewolf babies.  

Saiwen

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:08 am
I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Jaime as a main character. My friend hates her with a passion, but I always thought she was kinda funny. And it's cute that she likes to tag along with the werewolves when they're trying to work. n.n  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:10 am
I think it will be interesting, but as yet her character hasn't appealed to me as much as the others. We'll see though. xD  

Saiwen

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:43 am
I really like No Humans Involved so far. And now I can't wait for the eighth book. Hope's the main character. I really like Hope. Ever since that one short story I read, where her character was introduced.

As is, No Humans Involved is really good. The only sad thing was, I could tell who the bad guys were the second they were introduced. Well, I'm pretty sure they're the bad guys. I haven't really gotten to the revealing of the killers yet, but I read the last page (such a freaking bad habit) and it seemed like it was the people I thought it'd be. Beside that, the side characters are pretty funny. The premise for the story--a seance for Marilyn Monroe, to find out who killed her--was pretty entertaining. And I'm glad it focuses on Jeremy more. I've always liked Jeremy, but he's had mostly a side role in all the other books. 'Course, the fact that he's the love interest in this book makes it mandatory that he's a main character.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:54 pm
Oh, I must get around to reading that. Jeremy as a main character would be great! I loved the mini-story about him finding Clay. He was more of a primary character in that.  

Saiwen

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:08 pm
Yep, Jeremy makes a great main character. And I was right, it was the people I thought it was. Since I'm usually wrong about things like that, it's kinda strange that I guessed it on the first page the character was introduced. It was a good ending, I thought. Everybody's relatively happy, but it's not entirely picture-perfect. A lot like all the other endings for her books. The last part in the book, with Jeremy on the phone, is pretty much my favorite part in the whole book.

You're talking about the online story, right? I loved the online stories. And the one about Jeremy's past was so cool. There are actually allusions to it in No Humans Involved, which is so cool. The short stories are better, in my opinion, than the novellas, but the novellas are still good. I'm still trying to decide if I like the comic book thing she's doing this year. I rather prefer written stories to drawn.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:00 am
Yeah, the online stories. I was so excited when I first discovered her website and saw all the stories on there. I think I just sat there, perusing through every page, all afternoon.

Mm..I don't usually like reading comic books. I find I read them much slower for some reason. With her books, I'd much prefer to see the characters the way I picture them in my mind, and not from how she has them drawn. I had a look at what she had up there and didn't really like the art. At least, it wasn't the way I imagined Elena, Jeremy or Clay to look like.  

Saiwen

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:08 pm
I know, finding her website was pretty much the best thing that happened to me whenever that month was. I looked at the online fiction page and got so excited. It took me a while to read all of them, but it was so worth the time.

Yeah, I never really liked that person's art style. She/he does some of the art in the other stories, and it never really impressed me that much. That may be why I don't like the comic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:18 pm
Her new book, No Humans Involved is out. I read it, and with the other books I really didn't like Jaime, in this book I still sort of don't but she gets easier to understand. Has any one else read her new book?
I think Savannah is supposed to be the narrator of the next book, I don't know though.  

Ariasa

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:34 pm
Hope, the half-demon who's attracted to chaos, is actually the narrator of the next book. I'm really looking forward to seeing ore of Hope. I read the short story where she was first introduced, in Dates From Hell, and I really liked her. And Karl Marsten is probably going to be in the book, too, which is going to be fun, 'cause I really like Karl. Come on, a werewolf jewel thief. That's pretty awesome. Savannah'll probably be the narrator of one of the books eventually, but Kelley Armstrong seems to like working with characters over the age of twenty, and I think Savannah's only eighteen or so in the most recent book. So maybe the one after this one will focus on Savannah.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:49 am
It's sort of too late for this comment, but if you bought No Humans Involved in hardcover and sent her the receit through the mail, she would have sent you a goodie bag with all kinds of fancy things like bookmarks and stuff in it.

It's too late though, I think. D:

Unfortunately, I have to wait till it's paperback. D:

The online stories, especially the novellas with Clay, are amazing. XD

Rabid Nozomi

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:33 pm
Actually, you can send it anytime, as long as the receipt's date says on or before May 15th. n.n" I looked at it. Also bought the book a couple days after it came out, so I can do it, but I kinda don't know what to write. "Hey, bought your book, gimme stuff 'cause I need an incentive to buy it"? That's a bit rude. <.<"  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff