Heard of her?
  Yes!
  No....
  I just want gold.
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:02 pm
I've been meaning to make this thread practically since I made this guild. Took me a long time, no? My friend was originally gonna make it, but she made two posts and never came back, so I figure I have time now, so I'll make it.

Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors. She writes the Women of the Otherworld series. So far, in order, the books are: Bitten, Stolen, Dime Store Magic, Industrial Magic, and Haunted. The next book, Broken, comes out in May. Bitten, Stolen, and Broekn are narrated by a werewolf named Elena. Industrial Magic and Dime Store Magic are narrated by Paige, who's a witch. And Haunted's main character is Eve, also a witch. Well, a dead witch. It's her ghost. Sort of. Hard to explain, you'd have to read it. They're all very good books, and I highly recommend them. She also has some short stories online, and three e-series novellas. The short stories are good additionals to the series, as are the novellas. But I suppose you could read them if you want to see if you like the author's writing style. Her website is www.kelleyarmstrong.com. Yeah... I'll stop now.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:18 pm
No one's heard of her? Aww. But her books are so good!  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:15 pm
Broken comes out a week from Tuesday! *Happiness* Oh, the suspencse! I need to read it!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:19 pm
I was never able to get into Armstrong's books. I don't know why.  

tecche

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:26 pm
*Gasp* I love her books! I even got my friend into reading them. She likes Elena, I like Paige. Elena just doesn't appeal to me as a character. I was expecting to like Eve in Haunted more than I did. But I really didn't like the book as much as the others, and I still prefer Paige over Eve. I really want a book centered on Savannah; that would be cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:41 pm
My friend likes them. I started them, but lost interest.  

tecche

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:44 pm
I suppose I can see why. But I like them. Plus, I get to annoy my friend by counting down the days until Broken comes out. I did it last year; it was quite fun. n.n  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:07 pm
Countdowns are always fun.  

tecche

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:11 pm
Yes. Particularly when it annoys people.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:18 pm
Especially then. twisted  

tecche

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:33 pm
I got Broken! Yay! I get to rub it in my friend's face! Unless she got it already, too. Then it's no fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:15 pm
NightIntent
I suppose I can see why. But I like them. Plus, I get to annoy my friend by counting down the days until Broken comes out. I did it last year; it was quite fun. n.n
I counted down to it too! And I went and bought it the day it came out. I was so excited.

I love this series, I love this author. She's my favorite.

In her books, I happen to like werewolves more, and so Elena is my favorite narrator. My favorite character is Clay though. He's so sweet, I mean, not straight-forward sweet, but he'll always love her forever.

Rabid Nozomi

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:07 pm
Clay is funny. Annoying as all hell, but funny. I can't wait for the next book. The narrator's supposed to be Jaime, isn't it? My friend hates her, but I rather like her. She's cute, in that little I-don't-quite-know-what-the-hell-I'm-doing-but-I'm-doing-it-anyway kind of way. Paige is probably my favorite narrator so far, though Eve was fun. I want Savannah as a narrator, I'm starting to like her more as she gets older. She annoyed me in Dime Store Magic and Industrial Magic, acting like a little brat and all, but in the online novella that Kelley Armstrong is writing this year, she doesn't seem quite as annoying. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:45 pm
NightIntent
Clay is funny. Annoying as all hell, but funny. I can't wait for the next book. The narrator's supposed to be Jaime, isn't it? My friend hates her, but I rather like her. She's cute, in that little I-don't-quite-know-what-the-hell-I'm-doing-but-I'm-doing-it-anyway kind of way. Paige is probably my favorite narrator so far, though Eve was fun. I want Savannah as a narrator, I'm starting to like her more as she gets older. She annoyed me in Dime Store Magic and Industrial Magic, acting like a little brat and all, but in the online novella that Kelley Armstrong is writing this year, she doesn't seem quite as annoying. 3nodding
For some reason, I don't like Jaime very much either. She seems full of herself. Of course, things'll probably change once I read in her POV. After I read Clay's novellas in his POV, I loved him.  

Rabid Nozomi

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:37 pm
Yeah, I can understand why Clay is so possessive after reading his story, and his point of view. But that makes him no less annoying at times. Although I'll admit all the male werewolves do it. They're way too protective.

I really liked the part in Broken where Elena slammed a brush down onto Nick's head. I laughed and laughed.

Jaime's never bugged me. I don't know why. If I met her in real life, I'd avoid her like the plague, I'm sure. Of course, that goes for about 90% of book characters. I can think of maybe three or four that I would actually like to exist, and at least two are from the same series.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff