A guild created for gamers, by gamers. 

Tags: Gaming, Gamer, Video Games, Xbox, Playstation 

Reply Gamer
Handheld Wars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which handheld would you consider the best?
  Nintendo Gameboy Advance
  Nintendo DS (Dual Screen)
  PSP (Playstation Portable)
  iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
  Other (Gizmondo, Game King, N-Gage, Gamepark 32, etc.)
View Results

Remiind

900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:57 am
DS by far, the iPhones are meant to be phones, not gaming machines >_>.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:05 pm
Remiind
DS by far, the iPhones are meant to be phones, not gaming machines >_>.

Ah yes, but what about the iPad? A little too big to be a phone now isn't it? 3nodding  

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

CatCAR

Trash Kitten

23,015 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:01 am
I have to say it is undeniably the PSP just because it has my favorite series Monster Hunter.

DS has a lot of great games like Professor Layton and Ace Attorney (Can't wait for the Layton Vs. Phoenix to come out).

iPod I admit and well and truly becoming mini gaming machines, I got a few games that rivals those on the psp and ds. One of which is Infinity Blade which is undoubted the great game on the iPod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:39 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
๑Sega No mad๑

RlNNY

Galain Fletchawk
Crew

Ruthless Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:05 pm
Gameboy Advanced. I miss Pokemon Silver. Sigh.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Galain Fletchawk
Gameboy Advanced. I miss Pokemon Silver. Sigh.

I actually still have my copy of Pokemon Silver. Problem with it is that it keeps erasing the save data every time I power on the GBA/GBC/GB. I even went as far as going to the local Pokemon Center to get Mew and Celebi with my cousin.

@Rinny - That is a very interesting shape. I've never seen that handheld before in my life. Must either be older then the classic gameboy or on par, lol.

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

snizman

5,600 Points
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 pm
Alright, its a close call for me, i like GBA cause they have so many good games for it(battle network series FTW) but the DS has a lot of gems on it too, granted there's a sea of s**t to sift through, but they are out there! like The World Ends With You, if anyone is looking for a game to challenge you as a gamer in a way that you will not find anywhere else, i suggest you pick up that game. but the DS does have those awful friend codes...
looking forward to the 3DS, but i need the money first.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 am
I'm primarily a PC gamer, so all my gaming needs are on my PC. However, since this is about hand-held devices, I'd have to throw in my vote for the iPad. I love the fact that it's extremely portable, so if I'm out of the house and too lazy to read my iBooks, I can just game on my iPad. Only problem is, I'm an Mmorpg gamer, and there are very little MMORPGs on iPad to suit my needs, so I use my PC for that.

And...well... The iPad is the only handheld device I have experience in... So yeah.  

Elinin

3,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 am
I really want an iPad...but there are three things keeping me away from it.

1) It's about $800.
2) It's too big to fit in my pocket.
3) My cousin LOVES to make fun of it. He keeps relating it to the things that the ladies use in the bathroom. I don't need to say anymore than that.

Though I really enjoy the much larger screen and touch screen gameplay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:58 am
Gameboy Advance SP is probably gona be my favorite until the end of time. Handhelds are only gona get further and further away from 2D, so I doubt i'm gona be completely happy with anything beyond. Especially since making them multi-tasking objects is so popular nowadays (that and adding gimmicks).  

AlexxRedd

Admiral Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 am
As far as the current gen goes, my favourite is the PSP. I've never played on an iPhone, but I really can't see it being that good of a machine except for something like Angry Birds and games of the like.
I had a DS a few years ago and I bought like, four games that interested me. Two of them sucked, and two of them were good but had no replay value and were also very easy. Other than those four I've never seen anything on the game shelf that seems interesting for the DS.
My PSP on the other hand I've enjoyed a multitude of games for, most of them are replayable. Plus all of the multimedia capabilities really come in handy for me a lot of the time. And the DS just couldn't match it when it came down to it.

Last gen: Gameboy Advance SP was amazing. I still bring it out and play my old GBA and GBC games sometimes.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:11 pm
I say GBA SP. Decent sized screen, battery life, very compact, and has a massive library of awesome games. The DS is alright but fragile and I find I just personally prefer GBA games more.  

Last Showdown

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Gamer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items