Reply Old Topics
Your first time (not what you think XD) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mithrril

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:08 am
I don't know what type of computers I had growing up but I almost always had a computer around of some sort. I remember my uncle playing King's Quest on his computer when I was little. My mom got a computer when I was in elementary school or so and I used to play around on that. We upgraded our computer over the years but I had to visit my grandmother's house across the road to use the Internet. I got my own computer some time in high school. I'd love to get a new computer right now as mine is 3 years old.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:57 am
They introduced me in school DOS ( it was a goverment run Homeschool ) I was 10-11 then my first Home comp was the Commodore lols You programmed your own games it came with 3 telephone sized instruction books ( Game programs included) then my first Portable was a mac ..( Portable it was as big as a personal suitcase ) Then Its been a slow progression always about 3-5 yrs behind Technology ..Also when I worked for Merril Lynch we used DOS to send Wire's to the Exchange..Took 5 mins for 1 wire lols ..  

KommandoKat

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:14 pm
My first learned attempt on computers was when I took a computer math class in college. It was in the Fortran language and used punch cards that slid through a desk-sized computer. I remember playing Pong on my parent's TV with a friend's game system. When I was married, we had an Atari game system (I miss 'Necromancer'!!! gonk ) and then a Commodore computer that used the larger floppy disks with DOS. After that we had an assortment of pieced together desktop computers that first used DOS then Windows 98, and have slowly progressed upward from that. The desktop computers I used at work started off being connected to larger DOS systems housed in limited access computer rooms. We eventually progressed into Windows systems.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:59 am
I'm an IT Geek as a career (Network Administrator/PC Technician) so I pretty much have to keep up with the newest technology.

Plus the company I work for is a high-tech manufacturer. We build circuit boards for various companies in the Military/Aerospace, Medical, and Communications industries.

I've been working on, and tearing apart PCs since I was around 13 and I'm 40 now so I've had everything from 386's to current.  

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

Ergates

Conservative Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:32 am
oOo_Nightowl_oOo
I'm an IT Geek as a career (Network Administrator/PC Technician) so I pretty much have to keep up with the newest technology.

Plus the company I work for is a high-tech manufacturer. We build circuit boards for various companies in the Military/Aerospace, Medical, and Communications industries.

I've been working on, and tearing apart PCs since I was around 13 and I'm 40 now so I've had everything from 386's to current.

I wish you lived next door to me biggrin I'd get you to build an awesome computer for me!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am
I am one of those very sick individuals who actually sat down and "read the manual" to learn how to use a computer and the specialty software I needed to know in order to do my job. So…in a nutshell…Self-taught. cool

Although I've always been a bit technically astute learning all sorts of modern day office equipment in high school for entering the workforce at the time I was going to start college. *Remembers that huge 10-key card punch machine fondly to tell those huge mainframes at the time what to do the electronic typewriters.* User Image  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Damonette

Partying Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:38 pm
lol ! how do you even know what i was thinking razz my first was.. i m not sure but i was 16( thats 10 years ago)and i cant even remember the computer parts, because i only played a few stupid games, like sims 1 or solitaire. unlike today, i could go on for weeks at a time without using the computer. now , i just wake up , turn on the computer , make a coffee and browse around until i wake up lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 pm
the very first computer I owned myself or used?

I'm an ancient veteran techie! I've been using computers since I was 5, the first computer I ever had (besides a Nintendo lulz) was a computer my dad actually made! I don't know what he used for the hard-drive (might have been gutted parts from a Tandy) but I do know he used an old tv for the monitor! The first computer we bought was a Tandy.

My first ever computer experience was in kindergarten. I was in this one awesome elementary school where we had a computer in the classroom to help us learn the alphabet and colors via games. I lost user privileges on it because I accidentally made it freeze sweatdrop After that were Tandys and Apple IBMs.

My dad is such a techno geek, he was always dragging some new fangeld computer whats-its home, I actually have an extremely old concrete slab-like Compaq laptop hidden in my closet that uses this ancient version of desk mate. It still works, I even tried to play my old floppy disk game with it (Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire) but the screen is severely discolored and I couldn't much.  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MaskedIntrovert

4,200 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:06 am
I got my first computer when I was 16. It was after I met a boy I was interested in that was really interested in them. I felt getting one was getting closer to him. It was also embarrassing to continue typing my school reports on a typewriter. It seemed everyone else already had a home PC.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:00 pm
Commodore 128, baby!
My husband also got a Commodore 64 portable computer. Not portable by todays standards...lol.
I did study programming using the TRS 80. And punch cards for one semester.
Who remembers 5 1/4 inch disks? I found some in our local Radio Shack about 5 years ago...it floored me they were there.  

Aegean_Kassan

Old Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces