Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The possible down-sides to the 3DS. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:28 pm
Kotaku has a hands on with the system, sees some innate flaws.

I was wondering when we'd start to see some differing opinions on the tech; it doesn't really surprise me all that much, to be honest. I feel like the dual screen feature may be a drawback, given the stated issue with the eyes adjusting. We'll have to wait and see, I spose, but it's still a fascinating read.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:12 pm
That's interesting.  

Angelically Scarred

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 pm
Fascinating.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:58 pm
I think they had similar things to say about Brawl a few months before it's release. Nintendo does what others can't first, so I'm not too worried about the bugs. Besides, Japan gets it first.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:02 pm
l-Kathulu-l
I think they had similar things to say about Brawl a few months before it's release. Nintendo does what others can't first, so I'm not too worried about the bugs. Besides, Japan gets it first.
Brawl is just a game*. The 3DS is an entirely new way of experiencing a medium. The stakes are higher.

*A great game, but ultimately less important for the purpose of this topic.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 pm
Allegro
l-Kathulu-l
Brawl is just a game*. The 3DS is an entirely new way of experiencing a medium. The stakes are higher.

*A great game, but ultimately less important for the purpose of this topic.
True. I was just using Brawl as the most recent (That I can recall) example. Same went with other previous titles, but as you said this is a System, not a game. This will either work, or suck.

SUSPENSE  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:25 pm
I mean, it's not all doom and gloom. I'm not gonna compare it to the Virtual Boy. But I get the feeling that we might wind up with a great concept with a lot of unused potential. Sort of how people felt about the Wii until developers started nailing the motion control technology.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:25 pm
Allegro
I mean, it's not all doom and gloom. I'm not gonna compare it to the Virtual Boy. But I get the feeling that we might wind up with a great concept with a lot of unused potential. Sort of how people felt about the Wii until developers started nailing the motion control technology.

That's pretty guaranteed in my opinion. At least for the launch line-up. There will be a lot of bland new stuff that'll leave a lot to be desired. Luckily, it won't be so noticeable with all the NES and N64 fan-service at launch. Things might be rough at first, and I'm still not certain that this wont cause severe eye damage, but I've got a good feeling about the 3DS. Just look at all the cool stuff on the Wii and DS now and imagine what we'll see on this.  

Hobo Scruffy

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 pm
Eye damage, doubtful, but I can see this wreaking havoc with people who suffer from migraines of any sort.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:22 pm
Huh. I didn't expect it to not be weird or have some imperfections.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 pm
Meta_Fish
Huh. I didn't expect it to not be weird or have some imperfections.
Well, of course it won't be perfect, but there's varying degrees of imperfection, and it remains to be seen how high on this scale the 3DS will go. Hopefully, not far at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:47 am
Hm, this makes me wonder how the new Kid Icarus game will play in 3D. Another stylus heavy game, which may require a lot of looking back and forth.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Herald of Death

Lonely Gatekeeper

8,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 am
What about turning off the 3D completely off
but then it be just DS with some games that you can't play on DSi or Lite  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:50 am
It sounds like a minor nuisance if it's one at all, and I'm sure we'll all adapt to it before long anyway. It seemed weird to look from one screen to another before, and I'm sure someday it will seem silly for us to have worried about this.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am
I read in the paper today that a surprising amount of people aren't able to see in 3D without glasses in the first place. gonk

I did a couple of tests and apparently can't see in 3D either. If a bunch of us are gonna have the 3D turned off the whole time, what's the point of buying a whole new console? Aside from getting to play the new Paper Mario. >>  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff