Welcome to Gaia! ::

D-T3CH :: HyTech . Basement . C*cktail

Back to Guilds

Joint Guild for Hybrid Technica, The Basement, and C*cktail 

Tags: hytech, hyte, basement, hexes, cocktail 

Reply -[ .hybrid TECHNICA. ]-
[FIN:]Shoestring Budget, Airship Dreams[Sorcha,Cottage crew] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Deep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:40 pm
Sorcha brought Machiavelli in for a landing outside of the cottage, and bounced excited out of the seat gathering handful of blue prints up as exited the cockpit. It had been awhile since the last time she had seen Dacj and hoped her impromptu visit was at a good time. Whistling merrily she rang the door bell.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:45 pm
It was Phoebe who answered the door--shifting her weight from one tentacle-leg to the other with a squelch and looking up all the tall Hyte woman with curious blue eyes. "You're Dacj's girlfriend, aren't you." It didn't quite seem to be a question. "She's working on her treehouse right now in the back. D'ya wanna come through the house to get out there, or...I can go get her, I guess." Neither possibility seemed to be particularly thrilling to the young-looking jellyfish hybrid.  

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

Lord of the Deep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:52 pm
"Hello your Dacj's Sister aren't you?" Sorcha beamed down at the girl and ruffled her hair with one hand "Aren't you just the cutest little thing~" Sorcha considered for a moment then figured she might as well take the chance to see Dacj's tree house and Sorcha was a bit curious, Sounding as if it didn't much matter Sorcha said "It's fine I can got out to her."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:01 pm
Phoebe made a face at the hair ruffling--for all this woman seemed pleasant enough, Phoebe did not approve, not yet! After all, Phoebe was Dacj's older sister (chronologically) and, just like Eli watched out for Noe, Phoebe had to watch out for Dacj too!

"S'this way," the jellyfish said, hopping on the front porch and closing the door to the Cottage behind her. She led Sorcha around the side of the house and into the sizeable backyard. The one small treehouse normally out back had turned into a construction zone of sorts--several large trees now stood around the single one that had once housed the small wooden structure, ostensibly grown by magic or something of Mena's perhaps. The small treehouse was in the process of being expanded upon, looking very much as if it would deserve the moniker 'house' when it was done, even if it would be a smallish house in comparison to the behemoth of the sprawling Cottage. Dacj was hard at work on putting up a wraparound porch. "There she is," Phoebe said, unnecessarily pointing up.  

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

Lord of the Deep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:11 pm
Sorcha took in the construction project and let out a low whistle, it wasn't quite steam punk enough for Sorcha taste but it was a fairly impressive project none the less. Sorcha smiled down at the Jelly fish girl again "Thanks Cutie~" refraining from hair ruffleing after the face before, Sorcha walked around the tree house till she found the ladder and yelled up "HEY DACJ, CAN I COME UP?"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:17 pm
"Whatever," came the muffled reply from the pouting jellyfish.

Dacj blinked at the familiar voice, and stood to lean on newly-secured railing to look down at the ground to find Sorcha and Phoebe below. "Oh, hello! Sure, you can come up--watch your step, the floor's done but about everything else isn't..." Knowing how overboard Mena could and would get on these things, Dacj'd insisted on doing most of the regular manual labor herself. Now, electrical wiring and plumbing--Mena was more than welcome to handle the tricksy bits!  

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

Lord of the Deep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 pm
Sorcha clambered up the rope ladder and then took a look around "Well it looks like you've been busy, What have you been up too aside from apparently building houses? Got any fun story's to tell?" Sorcha ask wanting to get caught up, and while she was exited to about the plans she had drawn up, she was a bit reluctant to have to bring up the closely related issue of a lack of budget to execute those plans.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:30 pm
Dacj chuckled, and glanced back to the ground, where Phoebe was beating a squelchy retreat back to the house. "Oh, a bit of this and that. I went to visit Seth's mom's house--you've seen Elf around, right?--and she gave me a firelizard egg! So I now possess a tiny gold miniature dragon. Who seems to have taken to Mirth more than me, but isn't that the way of the world..." She fell silent for a moment, then nodded. "I think she's asleep, then. She normally comes when I call for her."

The kraken moved to gather up the tools she'd been using and stow them away as she added, "And yourself? I know you keep busy, too."  

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

Lord of the Deep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 pm
"Well remember those plans about being air pirates and abducting innocent maidens?" Sorcha said with decidedly fake innocent look on her face then grinned and with a flourish spread the biggest of the blue prints on the floor the paper was covered by scribbled notes and strange equations but taking up most of the page where drawings of what looked like the unholy love child of a dirigible and a Spanish galleon. Where the masts should have lead to sails the instead fused along with other supports into the the envelope of a dirigible, the rudder of the ship had been replaced with large propellers along with two large propellers mounted on the sides. "Behold The Titania , or her blue prints any way~" Sorcha said with a show men's air. "I've got her design all worked out, she's gonna be a wonder of the air, with a thoroughly steam punk retro look to boot~"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:55 pm
"The Titania?" Dacj was pretty sure Sorcha meant to invoke the Faery queen and not the Titanic, but the similarity was mildly disquieting. Still, the blueprints looked amazing. "And steampunk is always a classy look to go for. We'll have to ask Mom where she gets her goggles so we can get a stash to keep onboard--we can't be proper airship pirates without goggles!" she added, teasing, as she drew her fingers over the design plans. She didn't understand more than bit of them, but that wasn't the point. "We'll be the envy of Hytech, with your airship!"  

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

Lord of the Deep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:04 pm
"Yes goggles would be good for practical reasons as well, getting a bug or such in the eye at high speeds wouldn't be fun~" Sorcha actually looked some what abashed at this point a look that was utterly foreign to her features "But there's one little problem... I got the lab all set up and made some really nifty tools to help me build her...but I kinda ran out of funds..." Sorcha trailed off looking at her feet.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:08 pm
"Oh?" Dacj wasn't surprised--not that she had necessarily expected it, but clearly airship engineering was not going to be cheap. And there were so many parts that would be needed. "So we just need to raise some funds, yeah?" she asked matter-of-factly. "I can't think of anything off the top of my head on the scale we'd probably need but...did you have a plan?" she prompted with an encouraging smile.  

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

Lord of the Deep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:20 pm
Sorcha sighed with relief glad Dacj wasn't disappointed in her and brightened immediately "A Plan? A Plan!? Of Course I have a plan!" Sorcha broke out into full out Mad scientist laughter then coughed into her hand and restarted her train of thought "err any way, I've been doing some work for Na-kuns business and a good part of what part of what I've been helping him with are salvage runs looking for valuables in the ruins of dead civilizations, And I think I know enough to organize a salvage run with out Na-kuns help and since a I'd be leading the run I'd get a much bigger share of the profits for it." Sorcha then leaned into Dacj and gave her a cheeky smile "So wanna come along and help me loot an exotic planet?"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:30 pm
The further Sorcha went into her plan, the wider Dacj's eyes got, and the more her lips moved silently echoing some of the more surprising revelations. Salvage runs? Valuables? Dead civilizations?

Loot an exotic planet?!?!

"Would I ever," the kraken said fervently. Forget vacations to the tamer, non-Imperial side of Phanes--adventuring in ruins was way more fun sounding! "When could we leave?"  

AnimeEyeshime

Fashionable Prophet

Lord of the Deep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:46 pm
Sorcha chuckled at Dacj's enthusiasm "Well first we need to figure out where we want to go, and another question is if it would better to use Na-kuns portal or the one at the cottage, Na-kun would charge us a percentage for the energy cost but I don't know about Shimy and Mena or whether their portal is big enough to fit Machiavelli." Sorcha considered for a moment "Since Na-kun won't be coming we'll want to avoid places with dangerous magical radiation and that drops a number of salvage spots~ Well there's Crieaten planet got knocked of orbit and froze, cold as hell but not really dangerous with the proper gear. Then there's Magway beautiful jungle planet but every night at midnight every dead thing on the planet raises as a zombie still haven't figured out why that's happening, but their not too hard to handle as long as we don't run into anything really big, then there's a handful of planets from the Old Empire that I have coordinates to haven't been to them myself but they should be safe enough based off the info I got."  
-[ .hybrid TECHNICA. ]-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff