Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Who is the best, and therefore the worst main character? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is worse?
  Tidus
  Cecil Harvey
View Results

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:13 pm
The best main character is Bartz by far.

The worst is a tie between Tidus and Cecil.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:16 pm
I beg to differ, I dont care much for Bartz, My vote would go for Squall, Tidus, Cloud, or even TWoL razz

as for worst, my vote goes to the prepubescant onion knight razz  

HawkEye4736

5,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200

SMARTAgentKC

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm
Who's the worst main character... *glances at each character that's he's played (Warrior of Light, Cloud, Zidane, Tidus, Yuna)

Well based on the characters I've played with uh... Cloud... *takes cover from FFVII fanboys and fangirls*

As for the best main character. I like Tidus because I love FFX but as I have been wanting to play FFVIII I'm giving Squall a chance. I think he's a good character. I just never played him  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:01 pm
WHAT THE HELL!!!??? How the hell is Cloud considered the worst? In Final Fantasy VII, Cloud was the best main character and had the most interesting and unexpected background in all of Final Fantasy!!! Not to mention that he is definitely the strongest, because he was able to defeat SEPHIROTH!!! I believe that Terra in Final Fantasy VI was the worst main character ever! Locke seemed more like the main character in my opinion. Meanwhile, Final Fantasy VII was the ONLY Final Fantasy that got:

- A movie (Spirits Within doesn't count!!!)
- Several branch games (Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, etc...)
- And the characters are a major feature in Kingdom Hearts.  

Damien Darke

Distinct Hunter

1,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Akumauri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:05 pm
For best character i want to say either Zidane or Kuja, since they're so capable . urrrr, for worst character , i got to say Tidus. Never liked him.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:07 pm
Best character Zack and Tifa
Worst: Caith sith and Reeve  

Little Luminas

6,450 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:03 pm
it's MAIN CHARACTERS PEOPLE

and this is why tidus is terrible

waaaahhhh waahhh i hate my daddy waaaahhh
then he figures out that his daddy saved the world
and he still goes waaaahhhhh
he's just like hope
waahhh my mommys dead and im blaming it on you, even though its not your fault his father, so suck it up you little crybaby b*****d
cecil harvey is a b***h

oh and cloud isnt very cool
he whines through the second half of the game and the whole movie

GO TIFA!! KICK EVERYONES a**!!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:36 pm
Damien Darke
WHAT THE HELL!!!??? How the hell is Cloud considered the worst? In Final Fantasy VII, Cloud was the best main character and had the most interesting and unexpected background in all of Final Fantasy!!! Not to mention that he is definitely the strongest, because he was able to defeat SEPHIROTH!!! I believe that Terra in Final Fantasy VI was the worst main character ever! Locke seemed more like the main character in my opinion. Meanwhile, Final Fantasy VII was the ONLY Final Fantasy that got:

- A movie (Spirits Within doesn't count!!!)
- Several branch games (Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, etc...)
- And the characters are a major feature in Kingdom Hearts.

*peers out of from his safety box from Damien Darke rant*

Hey look man I said games that I played... and out of all the characters Cloud was the worst... it's better to be emotional then emotionless IMO and besides those other games you mentioned didn't have him as a main character.  

SMARTAgentKC

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 pm
I will be straight up about my thought.
Either Cecil or Terra as Best Main (Sure Terra is a bit lame to some but i consider her best for being SPOILER:The creation of both human and Esper.)

As for Worst? Besides going with FF7 or 8 cause i might get a bit of bashing...I will place my money on Butz (He is Too Happy at times.) or Tidus. Saiyan-Cetra already explained why he is a choice for worse so no need to repeat in my own words.

To Damien Darke:
Cloud is not the worse in my words but more of a "Better before the game" character. Crisis Core shows the REAL Cloud before his emotional change. Now during FF7, He was a bit annoying to me (More than Yuffie). About the movie: Yes it was a sequel. Was it good? Slightly. It was amazing for animation, and Graphics wise but...Yeah, i like it as a 7.5/10 rating.
And to counter your Terra being Worst... (SPOILER AHEAD. Highlight)
If she was never born....The empire would have everything and Kefka would be a god FOREVER! It was because of her existence that she was the whole key to ending another War of the Magi and tries to bridge the relationship of Humans and Espers again. She is PROOF that Humans and Espers can be together.
Now to sit back and wait for the bashes.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:55 am
I'd say Lightning was best because she was fun to play as (she doesn't get a role which is boring to play, like Synergist or Sentinel, as a main role), as well as being kind of funny most of the time, and fun to watch, but people are gonna bash me, saying she's boring and she's a Cloud clone. *shrugs* Also of note is how she tends to provoke the other characters in some way. I dunno, I just like her. Her development is subtle enough to not get in the way, but not so in your face that it's really annoying.

For worst main character, I'd say Firion, but that's not fair since he was in the no-characterization time of FF. So I'm going with Vaan. Despite the fact that, like all of the characters in the game, his development was no so in your face like others, many other people despised him, thought he was annoying, and didn't find his development, so in general he failed. Though to be fair, Ashe is more of the main character, then he was, but he is still your eyes into the game.

Bartz is also up there for being pretty annoying. FFVI is one of my favourites, but Terra didn't really develop much past her same old childish nature, though that's justified due to her brainwashing crown, and the fact that all of the characters in this game were stuck with the same personality the whole way through except for one scene perhaps for most of them.  

GAlA Site Assistant 72

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:37 pm
Cloud clone? She is more Squall based but with more social abilities.

and Vaan is not really "Annoying" but more "Not Needed" for 12.
the true 12 hero is usually Basch via fans and people who looked into the story. Vaan is what i call "If you were in a Final Fantasy Journey" Hero. (or in short, you are tagging along and just watching crap unfold.)

But yeah, Lightning is up there as well for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm
Zack was a good main character
better than cloud  

Little Luminas

6,450 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Ultimatum of a Hero

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 pm
Parth Makeo

the true 12 hero is usually Basch via fans and people who looked into the story. Vaan is what i call "If you were in a Final Fantasy Journey" Hero. (or in short, you are tagging along and just watching crap unfold.)

Agreed. Vaan never had any appeal to me the entire time I was playing XII.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:26 am
Parth Makeo

Well, yeah he was needed, otherwise Basch wouldn't have gotten out, the party wouldn't have had any contact with Balthier at all, Ashe would still be hell bent on revenge and fall prey to the Occurian's desires, etc.

But yes, he is annoying in that they managed to make him feel like a complete tag-a-long, despite being tooled in as a clear foil to Ashe.

Also, I mentioned the Cloud Clone because almost every around and before FFXIII's release, people talked about how she was just a Cloud clone due to having her design based off of him >.>  

GAlA Site Assistant 72

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:46 pm
Early in development, Lightning was meant to be a flirtatious character with more sex appeal. In order to make Lightning a more 'serious' heroine in the veins of previous heroes Cloud Strife and Squall Leonhart, Fang's character - which was originally a man - was rewritten as a woman, and Lightning's feminine traits were transferred to Fang. Though Lightning's real name is eventually revealed to be Claire, it was originally "Averia", referring to a species of flowering plants. At this stage, "Éclair" was used during auditions in place of Averia to keep the name secret.
From Final Fantasy wiki.
We are BOTH right.

Lightning's appearance has also developed greatly from its initial concept. Square released an initial CG render of Lightning before any of the other characters were seen; when the rest of the cast were revealed, Square released another render of Lightning, with some notable differences from the initial release. In the early materials she had slightly less feminine traits, her hair was a faded crimson color rather than pale pink, and her eye color was green instead of blue. Though her outfit remains the same, its overall colour scheme was lightened ever so slightly.
and the comparison to make the copy complete.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff