Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Have anyone ate japanese food? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Littlest Asian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:03 pm
I want to try various japanese food when i visit there. What do you think I should try ? blaugh 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:06 pm
flutegirl123
I want to try various japanese food when i visit there. What do you think I should try ? blaugh 4laugh

Italian Food.

Just kidding. I would give you suggestions but I'm not really a fan of Japanese food, even though I'm Japanese. Good luck with the suggestions.

mrgreen  

Shimakuwa

Meriru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:15 pm
flutegirl123

Try eating in your local Japanese restaurants for the meantime. ^^

Let's see. I've eaten sushi, tempura, chicken teriyaki, katsudon, pork tonkatsu, okonomiyaki, yakisoba, ramen, sukiyaki, takoyaki, onigiri... Actualy I've already eaten a lot. Lol.

My favorite is katsudon and okonomiyaki. You should try those. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 pm
いつに日本へ行って、私も日本の食べ物を試したいです。

When I go to Japan, I also want to try Japanese food.

Sontasia

emptyandroid

Lonely Phantom

10,575 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:12 pm
Well, were I live there's not much Japanese food... but definately start with sushi. If you don't like sushi, you're not really gonna like much else... Um... try daifuku or mochi (both are very similar) they're both yum and I think you can buy mochi with ice cream filling. (mochi is pounded sticky rice, usually white but it can be coloured (like pink, blue or yellow. doesn't really change the flavour) and has a filling. the one i ate was filled with red bean paste (to me, it tasted like a peach!) they're yum!) Also, try ramen! It is really good! Tempura is also good. Yakitori is also quite nice (fried chicken, but with japanese magic 4laugh ). There's also a sweet dish called inari which i love! It is a bean curd pocket filled with rice. Doesn't sound nice, but its delicious!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:38 am
I've drank ramune! Does that count?  

White_crow2408

4,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

kuroikappa

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm
Teriyaki chicken is pretty good... though I must admit that my list of food is quite short. For there are many things that I've yet to try. I have eaten udon noodles though... they are da bomb! really tasty. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 pm
はい、俺は日本の食べ物を食べたことがあります。寿司やラーメンを食べました。とても美味しかったと思います。^^

いつに日本へ色々な日本の食べ物を試して下さい。  

Kenshin Mizoguchi

NarProfiler

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:16 am
If you're willing to try some home-made cooking, there are some sites that walk you through things like sushi preparation, onigiri ( whee ), and even wakame salad.

Of the latter, it's both really cheap and really simple (if you're comfortable with trying seaweed):

3/4 oz. of dried wakame seaweed (they sell pre-sliced packages in 3/4 oz. packages for 75 cents, or $1.99 for a 4 oz. package in an asian grocery near where I live... there's comparable prices that you can order online too... it's dried and keeps for a long time too)
2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
1 tsp. Sesame seeds
1-2 tsp. Sugar
chili pepper flakes to taste

Simply reconstitute the seaweed by putting it in water and letting it sit for about 10-15 mins... longer for more softness. When you're comfortable with it's texture, squeeze it out (it's kinda soapy / slimy) so it's fully rinsed off, then put it in a bowl with everything else (the dressing). Enjoy!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:36 pm
You should try sushi, takoyaki, chicken teriyaki, tempura, yakibuta ramen, onigiri, daifuku, mochi, okonomiyaki, yakitori, chawanmushi, and chicken nanban. They're all pretty good biggrin  

im_thean

3,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Amyroth

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:03 pm
flutegirl123

I don't remember what they're called, so good luck finding them, but they're these sweet doughy, gummy candies, that are like sex clouds balled up into candy. They're about kiwi sized, and covered in flour.
That's the best I can describe it. If someone knows what I'm talking about, please speak up. Because everyone needs to try these things.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:40 am
Amyroth
flutegirl123

I don't remember what they're called, so good luck finding them, but they're these sweet doughy, gummy candies, that are like sex clouds balled up into candy. They're about kiwi sized, and covered in flour.
That's the best I can describe it. If someone knows what I'm talking about, please speak up. Because everyone needs to try these things.

I would say Mochi but it's not gummy candy and I'm not necessarily sure about doughy since it's rice.  

Shimakuwa

Anna The Mage-Queen

Romantic Vampire

6,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:08 pm
I've had a few things but, my favorite is my recipe for ramen noodle soup with chicken :3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:40 pm
アメリカで寿司やラーメンを試しました。どちらも美味しいです。でも日本に試したいです。日本に日本の食べ物はもっと良い味です。  

Sontasia

Crooked_Imagination_13

5,500 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:27 am
flutegirl123

You should try Authentic (I CANT STRESS THAT ENUF! stressed ) Yaki soba. Not only is it delicious whee it close to home in a sorta foriegn way....i reccomend this for someone who is just starting to eat Japanese food.  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff