Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dream a Little Dream

Back to Guilds

A guild for everyone and everything. Offers a friendly environment and fun for everyone. 

Tags: Friends, Dreams, Chatterbox, Roleplay, Peace 

Reply Dream a Little Dream
Ideas to make the guild better? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Coleikins
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:25 pm
So the DALD guild has sky rocketed. almost 300 members and only in the second week.

little things done to help the guild

* Guild Mule made.
- Posted on main home page
- Made clicky Trade button

* New sub forums.

* New guild banners (click-able) Banner link

Ideas?

feel free to post a reply on any suggestions.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:30 am
I think this guild is great.  

Colorful Shadows
Vice Captain

Tolora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 pm
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:09 am
Could use some more people from my time zone. D;  

Dune make you Swoon

Tipsy Player

Coleikins
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:11 pm
Dune Leone
Could use some more people from my time zone. D;

yeah i understand where your coming from...i was thinking about make a new forum. using my gold of course and make it like a where are you from, and what state are you in..

to me, this seemed like it will help to see who will be on when and when they will be sleeping. ill have a little timezone chart as well on the main for we can see. lol but yeah. i was going to have like some topics in the sub, of the zones and keep an up to date thing, ill be running it with the cap. and find out. but yeah, ive been wanting something like that too. only a few people are on when im on. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:18 pm
I'd really rather we didn't waste 2500 on a chart. Maybe could we put it in Internationals?  

its_a_new_day
Crew

Coleikins
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:29 pm
well i was going to donate the money before i did anything. not from what i already have. ill put more in it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:42 pm
Its not that we dont have the money, its just that I think this could go in Internationals.  

its_a_new_day
Crew

Coleikins
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 pm
yeah i guess we could. i was thinking it would be easy to just have a thing that says "where are you from" instead of Internationals because all that means is like something that involves or relates two or more nations. and when you read the word "Internationals" you dont think time zone or location of where the user... well i dont that is. i think of it of just language, and from the topics... i thinks thats about all thats there. hehe  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:22 pm
we can have bumping contest o3o  

KyIe1

11,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Creamerie

Angelic Sex Symbol

11,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:19 pm
Bumping Contests, T-Contest (As is posting art, poetry, photography, whatever you're good at!)

Maybe a sceduled party in towns or hollywood? :>
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:14 am
The secluded party idea. Has been tried a few times. In the guild Legion of Helpers. People did show up to that area. But, because no-one would stay there due to there being no people from the guild in that area at the time. No one would actually stay in that area.

I think that by posting a general layout of that guilds history. That one could learn from it.

2007- The guild was originally founded. By Stratus_Affections. It wasn't a guild in its beginnings. But instead a charity thread. Dedicated to helping people here on Gaia.

When the guild was first made. It was a fairly active guild. Kept that way by maybe 12 people. These members, Crew, Vice and Captain. Made several threads in the guild. To keep the regular and casual users interested. The place became known quickly for its charity. Eventually leaded to the guild being spotlighted.

This was around the time that I joined the guild. During its spotlight time. Some of the first members of the guild. Spoke of a time when the guild was a bit more active. Implying that by the time I joined the guild. The place saw less traffic.

I can see why looking at the guild. Around this time, less threads in the guild were made. I'm not sure about the traffic of invited members in the guild. Since I wasn't a crew member at this time.

A number of people came into the guild. Expecting to just be given a free handout in gold. These people would post once to very little. Then sometimes complain if they were not given anything. There was alot of charity in the guild at this time. But, a general idea had been gathered among the guilds regulars. That many coming into the guild. Just were there for a free handout. They were not actually part of the guild. Nor did they contribute anything. Even as valueable as twenty minutes a day of there time. In some cases, these same users. Would post threads. Complaining about how fake the guild was and how it didn't live up to its name and reputation. This wasn't true but these fools sure thought so.

Throughout the guilds history. It has become more or less active at random times. Throughout its creation and now. The activity of the guild has a very clear pattern. In the times when more people start to post in the guild again.

All it takes is a few members. To spend a bit of time everyday. To either create a thread for the guild. Or to make a few posts. There are three types of threads. That seem to attract a completely different type of people to the guild.

Role-playing threads- These threads bring in the Role-playing crowd. As a role-player myself. My regular activity in any particular guild over an extended period of time. Is dependent on if the Role-playing threads I am a part of stay active.

A few things that can kill these threads:

1. Members of the Role-play that stop posting.
2. Too many out of character posts.
3. "Role-play teachers"- These people will criticize your Role-playing ability. The people that do this. Are always below my experience and ability. If allowed to continue to criticize. They will eventually start to become insulting in one way or another.
4. Way too many character sheets posted in the main Role-play- This can often lead to the Role-play never starting in the first place. Those that sign up for a Role-play. This is also related to the next number on this list.
5. Game-masters that don't know what they are doing- The Game-master in the beginning of a thread. Is the one that creates that Role-play. If they take too long to start the thread with an opening post. Then, those that sign-up will stop checking. At any time, a member of the Role-play. Can take over this role of Game-Master. The Game-Masters job is to write the story and move the plot forward.
6. Noobs that interact- In any Role-play. If you interact with another persons character in any way. This annoyance can occur with either the one interacting or the one being interacted with.

Example- Say I walk up to you in a Role-play and say hi. Your character would realistically react to this in some way. If you don't respond. Then this can stall the Role-play. This unfortunately leads to the last thing on this list that kills Role-plays.

7. Negative Role-playing- Very little interaction with anyone shall be made. Making sure that the story will never progress in any real way. This is due to an experience. That most people just aren't active in Role-plays. Only after they have been established as an active member of the Role-play. Will these people actually start to interact with them in more of a way than. They are just over there posts.

Soam threads- This type of thread can be anything. The difference between a spam thread and a non-spam thread. Is that no one is actually speaking or replying to one another. These types of threads do not help out guilds. They only draw certain people to post in just these threads.

Personable threads- This refers to any thread. That has a steady exchange of posts. Users post in these threads then other people replay and here is the trick. Those that actually post check the thread and respond.

Overall, the main thing that kills guilds is a lack of Arch-members. These members are there for there for whatever reason. But, unlike your regular or casual member. They do not require people posting in order to actually post. An Arch-member will stay active for long strings of time. An Arch-member will make various threads all over the guild and look for ways to improve it. In other words, Arch-members are the pillars that make a guild an actual guild.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Raven Lavender

Shy Fatcat

7,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:03 am
Referring to xXFoxfaceToastXx's subforum. I think we should do a weekly comic about the guild. Or even better, make a subforum into a periodical of events happening in the guild, kind of like an online newspaper. Some things it could include would be:

New members to the guild (to include new crew member additions)
New, successful Subforums and their creators
Most popular roleplay and its creator
Upcoming events
Current Contests

That sort of thing^^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:02 pm
i think this guild is great already but the only thing missing is have some more contest  

LonnnnngggggD

Dream a Little Dream

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces