Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:46 pm
“The key is to take small bites,” Nostalion nibbles on the edge of one of the steaming golden apples. “Guess I probably should’ve mentioned that first,” he chuckles.

“Sorry about that.” The stallion apologizes for ruining her eating experience.

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 pm
Lihi watches him eat with some trepidation for a while before she decides to try again. The tiniest of nibble from the edge of the apple isn't enough to give her the taste, but is enough to convince her that it could be eaten safely. Another small bite and she's able to get the taste.

Eyes widening, "This is . . . spectacular! It's like magic. Do all things taste like this when you burn them? It is no wonder the two-legs burn all their food!"

She takes a few more small nibbles, "Ah . . . thank you. For the apples, a place to stay . . . the whole experience. I never thought anything like this was even possible, let alone that I'd even come close to living something so . . . incredible."

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:27 am
The stallion ponders her speculation. “Maybe... It’s definitely worth looking into. The whole burning food thing always seemed like some sort of ritual to me. If you aren’t careful the food is spoiled, though.”

“It’s really no trouble,” Nostalion smiles. “Your world sounds pretty amazing, as well, you know.” He finishes his apple and rises to his hooves.

“I didn’t want to keep you waiting, before.” The stallion surveys the room considering possible sleeping arrangements. “I completely forgot to prepare a bed. Are you comfortable here, or would you like a place further from the fire?”
LydaLynn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:17 am
She blinks and looks at the fire, just then realizing how comfortable she had gotten with it, with being underground. "Ah . . . I'm okay here. Are you . . . I don't want to put you out." She really wanted to ask if he was staying here too, but couldn't quite bring herself to do so.

"I . . ." another, longer blink. "Actually, I am kind of tired. My belly is full and I'm not thirsty or aching. I'm in a safe place. I think I could really sleep. I haven't slept very well while I've been traveling. If it weren't for Speck . . . Speckestine! Have you seen him?" She looks around, worried for her little friend.

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:17 pm
“I didn’t notice his absence, to be honest.” Nostalion scratches his chin, “wasn’t he with us at the waterfall? You don’t suppose he got lost in the cave?”

Nostlion rummages through the wood pile on the far side of the chamber and returns to the campfire with a thick branch wrapped in pungent fabric. “I knew I had one of these left.” He explains, “it’s another two-leg trick: the cloth is treated with some kind of strange water which burns longer and brighter than the wood itself.” He dips the cloth end into the fire and it erupts into flames.

The stallion moves for the chamber exit and pauses for a second setting the burning torch against the stone wall, “you can wait here if you rather?”

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:58 pm
"You . . . you have a burning stick. You're going to carry a burning stick! It's . . . you're taking Fire . . ." She stops and shakes her head. Taking a deep breath. "Okay. Okay. You know what you're doing. I . . . I'll come with you. He might not come if you call."

"It's about time!" The tiny voice of the bird says from higher in the cave. "I could have been eaten! He could have eaten me and you wouldn't have even noticed!"

Startled, Lihi looks around until she spots her friend. "Speck, you stop that right now! Nostalion has been a very proper host. He's given us warm shelter and food and he's going to be traveling with us. He's not a brigand. And you worried me!"

The little bird humphs and buzzed down from the small rock ledge he had been perched upon. He gets as close to Nostalion as he is comfortable, given the stallion has a torch, and looks him in the eyes. Another humph. "Well . . . okay. He's not a brigand. But he could have been!" And then he goes back to the little ledge and tucks his head under his wing.

Lihi looks properly aghast at the bird for a moment before turning to Nostalion. "I am so sorry. Really. He has a good heart, just . . . he's very suspicious." She takes a few steps closer, enough softly nuzzle him on the neck, "Thank you so much for being willing to go back out in the cold and dark to find him." Then, realizing she had gotten so close, she quickly moves away.

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:43 am
Lihi’s display of affection startles Nostalion more than the bird’s sudden appearance. Blushing a bright shade of red, he heartily laughs at the abrupt turn of events.

“Don’t worry about it,” The stallion states trying to keep his cool, “you have to take care of your friends.”

“Well, I guess we won’t be needing this tonight.” He smothers the torch, covering it with dry dirt.

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:36 pm
She watches, choosing to concentrate on his strange familiarity with fire rather than what just happened. "You are truly a master of fire. It comes to your call and leaves when you send it away." She shakes her head, marveling.

Then she looks up at him with a smile, "Friends are very important. You watch out for each other. I wouldn't have made it this far without him." She thinks about it for a moment. "I wouldn't have left if it weren't for him, either, so . . ." A slight shrug.

She grins up at the bird with it's head tucked under it's wing, not sure if it's really sleeping or just pretending. "I guess I can thank Speck for meeting you." Then a blink as she follows what she was directing teasingly at her little friend to what it might mean to Nostalion. Her own blush darkens her cheeks.

Ducking her head, "Ah, so . . . sleeping?"

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:01 am
“Yes,” Nostalion nods, still trying to play it cool. “I’ll gather some bedding.” He hurries over to a small mound of dried rushes, stowed against the back wall, and scoops up a sizable portion with his antlers.

With a flourish, he deposits the material a safe distance from the fire. “I apologize if it’s less than what you’re accustomed to,” Nostalion bows. “Is there anything else I can do for you before we turn in?”

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:53 am
"It is extravagance. A bed in the earth, sheltered from water, in open air, beside living fire." She shakes her head at him with a small smile, "You have provided something beyond my experience. Thank you, Nostalion."

Ducking her head to hide a yawn, "I fear sleep is quickly overtaking me. I can think of nothing more I might need before it does so. Is there anything you need from me?"

Pandora Talie

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Pandora Talie
Crew

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:47 am
“Your company is enough for now,” Nostalion reciprocates her yawn.

“I’ll just be over right here if you change your mind… about needing anything, from me, tonight I mean.” Realizing how foolish he has begun to act, he hangs his head a little as he heads for his sleeping spot.

“It was a glorious day,” he states, settling down on his bed at the far side of the room. “I really enjoyed the time I spent with you.”

His eyes heavy, Nostalion yawns, “Good night Lihi…I can’t wait for tomorrow.”

LydaLynn
He's not the type to take advantage of someone so I didn't want him to make moves yet but Lihi is making him happy smile
We can end this this one and I'll PM ya for in-between plots before they head back to her land (new RP) ^_~

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff