Submit

Captian Asshat

Blessed Smoker

8,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:02 am
If you have yet to hear the coverage, Tila was apparently attacked at the GotJ. Now, being there myself, and seeing her show, I can tell you, it's mostly another of her attention whoring acts.
She was invited to preform, and was warned before going on stage that the crowd wasn't pleased with her, especially due to the fact that she was two hours late to the show. To top it off, she came in in a big flashy car, like she was some big star, too good to drive a golf cart like all the other acts. Her security was pushing people away and being dicks to people that WANTED TO GIVE HER SOME LOVE. She ignored the words, and ran on stage, and promptly took of her top and yelled, "I'm not goin anywhere, bitches! You cant get rid of me! I'm Tila Tequila!" to the crowd. This enraged them. She seemed rather drunk the whole time.
She claims she was hit with rocks, firecrckers, bottles, piss, and s**t. I admit, a few Riff-Raffers threw a few items at her, but nothing more than any other act got. She goes on to say that the mosh followed her to her "shitty trailer" and broke the windows out, causing her bodygaurds to shake in fear. Than, to top it off, instead of going to the police station in town, she emailed in her own photos, which could easily be edited with programs and makeup.
As a viewer, it's not as she hyped it, and it seems like another stunt to get some attention while ripping on the Juggalos that she's always had a distaste for.
Here's a video shot live from the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LaQrwdoJuU
She doesn't actually get hit once, but some liquid spray hits her, and her and her posse seem to be egging the viewers on, don't you think? ONE rock connected with her face.
For those of you who have not attended a Gathering, you don't know, but no matter who is on stage, and what they're doing, a trashwar breaks out. It's what happens.
Nobody said anything about Monoxide being hit in the eye last year, or MSI being pelted for the three moths they toured with ICP, and they have ladies on the stage too. Why is Tila such a big expection?
Note, this is not a place to bash Juggalo or say why you hate them, but to discuss your thoughts on the event and incident.
INB4: ********' magnets.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:41 am
Sounds like she brings things upon herself. It seems to be a thing going on within the past few years where girls get drunk, say stupid things, and expect good things out of it? I don't really understand- but at least I'm smiling in the end. I admit I wish to have seen more bottles and rocks thrown at her face. But oh well.

So she arrived two hours late? I've worked with several bands and artists. Even bigger bands like Disturbed and Jay-Z. But if they were ever late, they were only late by a short amount of time. thirty minutes maybe. Two hours is ridiculous. I would have had that show shut down after the first hour of waiting unless there was other acts going on. And even then I would have just said for them to bring on something else...  

evilbrainbabies
Crew

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:06 pm
Oh, but brainbabies, we wouldn't want to offend Tila Tequila, now would we? /sarcasm

Yeah, if I had been running that show and she was more than 45 minutes late, ******** her. If she's not gonna take it seriously, then why should she be allowed to go on?
And if she hadn't already been paid, I'd keep her check too  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:16 pm
Generally the artist isn't paid until after the performance. Usualy contracts are made that say if they don't arrive until a certain point then they do not go on. In this case, I'm sure it was no difference. And I bet the tour manager was far from pleased to deal with it.

I've worked bigger shows than her where audiences have gotten so enraged that they have actually cut people with knives and pulled out guns. In fact, I was offered to do a Kanye West show weeks after he pulled that Taylor Hicks stunt and I instantly declined the job for fear of my own safety. The show was cancelled anyways since no one was taking most of the jobs for insurance and safety purposes. lol.  

evilbrainbabies
Crew

LordKhrima
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:48 am
I dislike both Tila Tequila and Juggalos, so regardless of who the bad guy is, I come out satisfied.  
♫ International Music ♫

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games