Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Green Day Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Green Day fan guild! Wanna talk about GD without being flamed? This is your place! 

Tags: Green Day, Tre Cool, Music, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt 

Reply Green Day Fan Guild
The reason I hate this Guild, but also why I stay in it. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree with me?
  Yes
  No
  I agree to a certain degree.
View Results

Juanito Shet

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm
Reasons I hate this Guild:

1. Its full of stupid-a** girls that have to post, "OMG BILLIE JOE! HE'S SO SMEXY? DO YOU LIKE HIM BLONDE OR BRUNNETE BETTER???"

2. At least 70% of the Guild Members in here are 12 year old nobodies that don't even understand the lyrics of the song. Seriously, people... I get you don't need to understand the lyrics of a band to like them, but... that's just dumb.

3. I rarely post in here because of the reasons listed above.

4. There are people in here that claim they LOVE Green Day, when all they've ever heard is the album "21st Century Breakdown", or just the songs "21 Guns" and "Know Your Enemy." How in the GREEN LIVING HELL does that make you a real fan?

Reasons I stay in here:

1. I'm a TRUE Green Day fan. I LOVE all their songs, and have heard nearly all of them, from their first album to their newest.

2. I know the lyrics and understand them. And if I don't, I get someone to help me explain them.

I'd post more, but I can't come up with anything else. I'm sure there's more.

*** Oh look its Mr. Aggresive that loved this post so much that he stickied it. - Aggresive Perfector  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:11 am
Xx619AgentxX

1. Its full of stupid-a** girls that have to post, "OMG BILLIE JOE! HE'S SO SMEXY? DO YOU LIKE HIM BLONDE OR BRUNNETE BETTER???"

2. At least 70% of the Guild Members in here are 12 year old nobodies that don't even understand the lyrics of the song. Seriously, people... I get you don't need to understand the lyrics of a band to like them, but... that's just dumb.

4. There are people in here that claim they LOVE Green Day, when all they've ever heard is the album "21st Century Breakdown", or just the songs "21 Guns" and "Know Your Enemy." How in the GREEN LIVING HELL does that make you a real fan?

Reasons I stay in here:

1. I'm a TRUE Green Day fan. I LOVE all their songs, and have heard nearly all of them, from their first album to their newest.

2. I know the lyrics and understand them. And if I don't, I get someone to help me explain them.

I agree...this is just my personal opinion, but I didn't really like "21st Century breakdown". I mean, it was okay...i just like their older stuff alot more! : )  

Teh ninners

Steadfast Sex Symbol

13,125 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Juanito Shet

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 am
Teh ninners
Xx619AgentxX

Reasons I stay in here:

I agree...this is just my personal opinion, but I didn't really like "21st Century breakdown". I mean, it was okay...i just like their older stuff alot more! : )

Haha, I know what you mean, you're not the first person to state that. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Xx619AgentxX

Reasons I stay in here:

1. i must be like the only girl who doesn't "love" him. XD I even made a topic about it.
2. I understand, the reason why I like green day is because I relate it it more then other music.

4.I agree with that. I have 40 green day songs on my ipod

~  

Wand333999

Aggresive Perfector
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:02 am
1. THANK YOU!

2. I Know... sadly, I think it the first two reasons are linked somehow.

3. I manage to put up with it.

4. I've been over this in many forums, thanks for backup.

1. Me Too bro.

2. I just understand them in general, some I've had to work at, not a lot though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:36 pm
true even though i sometimes am like that... sucks that my computer crashed n im doing this in my wii so wont b here until they fix it cry  

punk_lolita_animegirl
Crew

TheBeatlesFanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:14 pm
I know dude those girls are so annoying....I liked the old billie..sure he doesn't look attractive now, but he was more punk, and looked like a punk artist, but I prefer the old billie. I loved Green Day's old stuff more, Kerplunk my favorite. But I still like their new. I know those obseesed girls. They are annoying. <.<
About 2 weeks ago, I posted, "What's your favorite green day album" no replies, the that billie's hair question got quite a few..
I know how you feel man..  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:11 am
For the record....
~ I am a girl
~ I am 16
~ I know and understand the lyrics to all of Greenday's work
~ I am not in love with Billie Joe
~ He is not "smexy"
~My favorite album is Warning, my second favorite is nimrod and I am not as fond of the stuff that get's airplay now.

I agree with you fully, the Billie-Joe fanclub drives me crazy.  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

VerticallySidewards

6,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:40 am
I agree on all your reasons ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:37 am
Agent of Enigma

Reasons I stay in here:

1. I knida agree with that, because I can get like that but it's stopping... but there is no harm in being a a fangirl towards the members of a band if you can name more then 5 songs that aren't singles (My opinion).
2. I'm 13 and I've been understanding the lyrics to those songs since I started listening to them. And everyone gets lyrics in their own way. For example, I knew Wake Me Up When September Ends was about Billie Joe's dad... but a lot of people I know (who love Green Day too) thought it was about 9/11.
4. I totally agree with that one... I really didn't like 21CB except for American Eulogy and Last of the American Girls. And 21 Guns is actually my least favorite song by them...  

MsRickyHorror

3,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Aggresive Perfector
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:35 am
So you think you can tell,

hmm... ideas.... ideas...

Heaven from Hell? - Pink Floyd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:23 pm
Agent of Enigma

Reasons I stay in here:

*** Oh look its Mr. Aggresive that loved this post so much that he stickied it. - Aggresive Perfector

1.) I do agree with you on the girls obsessing with Billie Joe. Although I haven't seen them on this guild, I see more than enough of it on Facebook. =

2.) Chances are I'm one of the nobodies you're referring to (even though I'm 16, not 12), but I do listen to the lyrics of their songs, and if I don't get them right away, I listen again or look them up so they're right in front of me.

4.) Unfortunately I've seen plenty of people who claim to like Green Day despite knowing only 2 songs, but for me, those songs are usually "Wake Me Up When September Ends" or "Boulevard of Broken Dreams". Again, I'm younger than the fans that listened to their old stuff (I was 9 or 10 when American Idiot came out), so naturally I'm inclined to their newer songs, but I do make a point to listen to their older songs.

Tl;dr: I see where you're coming from, but I don't feel as strongly as you do on these matters.  

Falowin

Aggresive Perfector
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:59 pm
So you think you can tell,

Rampage Time.

Heaven from Hell? - Pink Floyd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm
i agree, im 15, im a girl, i know and love a lot more green day than 21st century breakdown (it was great though) and the billie joe fanatic-club is so stupid (so is the word smexy -.-) yeah kickass singer and guitarist but like...theres the rest of the band thats ******** awesome too. and most of them dont even care about his talent anyway, but the hair color debates around here get intense. and its even worse that these crazy fangirls probably make up the majority of green day listeners...what happened to the music? and if you're one of those girls and happen to be reading this, go drool over big time rush or something, they were made for dumbasses like you to obsess about. please dont pick apart a perfectly good band until theres nothing left for real fans stare  

Xx_CuPcaKe_NnJa_xX

Juanito Shet

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:20 am
Xx_CuPcaKe_NnJa_xX
i agree, im 15, im a girl, i know and love a lot more green day than 21st century breakdown (it was great though) and the billie joe fanatic-club is so stupid (so is the word smexy -.-) yeah kickass singer and guitarist but like...theres the rest of the band thats ******** awesome too. and most of them dont even care about his talent anyway, but the hair color debates around here get intense. and its even worse that these crazy fangirls probably make up the majority of green day listeners...what happened to the music? and if you're one of those girls and happen to be reading this, go drool over big time rush or something, they were made for dumbasses like you to obsess about. please dont pick apart a perfectly good band until theres nothing left for real fans stare

I'm surprised that anyone's even cared to reply anymore. I mean, this thread IS over a year old...  
Green Day Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff