Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:52 pm
User Image
                                                I used to roll the dice
                                                Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
                                                Listened as the crowd would sing
                                                Now the old king is dead long live the king

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly, noting where people went. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Welcome back to Hogwarts everyone. I hope that your summers were enjoyable, but now it's time to begin a new school year. For those that are just joining us, welcome to the school, and may your time here be full of learning and excitement. Before we get tot he feast, I would like to review a few of the rules that need to be repeated for the older students and should be pointed out for the incoming ones. First off, there is to be no magic used in the hallways between classes, and second, the Forbidden Forest is named such for a reason, and students that ignore that are likely to have a most unpleasant encounter should they push their luck. Other rules are posted for people to review, but these are the most constantly broken ones. Now, let us sit back and enjoy the feast, and again, welcome to everyone here." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces...
                                                OOC:

One minute I held the key
                                                Next the walls were closed on me
                                                And I discovered that my castles stand
                                                Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:48 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

fifth year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Quidditch announcer
Astronomy (fall) || Namaste Club (spring)

So whatever Ashton had in that flask was uck, but it tasted fantastic with pumpkin juice. She must have chatted with someone at some point, because the whole world seemed a little brighter and a little more livable.

Finally, Sparrow took a deep breath and stood up to address the new Gryffindors, swaying a little. Focus. The performance. This wasn’t for her, this was for the newcomers. For her future house-mates and Hogwarts-family. In this moment, Sparrow called upon over ten years of stage acting, of choir performances, of socializing at philanthropic galas, and coallessed it into the best and brightest and welcome she could muster. She beamed--not quite her signature 7000-watt Sparrow smile, but none of the first years would know that-- ”Good welcome and evening to Hogwarts and House Gryffindor! My name is Sparrow Kiya Winchester--although any nicknames are welcome gladly--and my friend Ashton Bardsley”--she pointed Ashton out with a wave--”and I are your first year prefects. If you’ve any questions, fun ideas, or just want to do something and aren’t sure how to get started, hesitate not to ask us!

“As of a few hours ago, you have joined the prestigious house of wizarding names like Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, the sensational singer Celestina Warbeck, and Harry Potter the Boy Who Lived! Our Head of House is Professor Harlowe, the Deputy Headmistress who brought you into the house, and some of you might have already met Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, our sociable house ghost. And if none of that made sense to you, don’t worry, the most important thing is that you’re here! So welcome!”

She took a moment to beam at the newcomers, making sure they all felt included in that you’re. She couldn’t honestly remember if Rune and Nasim had said prefects were supposed to say anything in particular, so uh, hopefully that little improvised introduction was sufficient. “Now, Ashton and I are going to leading you to Gryffindor Tower, your new home-away-from-home, and once there, start the afterparty we shall! So get excited and follow close!”

setting Gryffindor Table, Sorting Hat 2052 || with Ashton, Gryffindor first years, Gryffindor students
appearance 5'6", soft || hair color white with white ribbons || wearing Uniform
status Welcome Speech, Improvised

oyehh

Devlyn Maycry

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you....

♡♥
~"For Good" from Wicked, sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. Harp cover by Chanah Ambuter.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:07 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

sixth year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
LARP (fall) || Adventurer's Guild (spring)

Sparrow had spent the train ride actually doing her first train patrol-- Wren had done hers for her last year as she sat crying. But this year, she was determined to be happy. Aria would have wanted that. As she twirled down the train hall, greeting every compartment, Sparrow reflected that between her new boyfriend, drama camp, choir, dance practice, and service projects, life--bittersweetly--did continue.

She gave Kenny a smooch on the cheek and trotted towards Gryffindor House where she found an empty seat next to future musician Matilda Harper and a few other familiar faces. ”Good evening, fellow Gryffindorians. Here’s to a great back to school?”

She took Mattie’s hands excitedly, and her voice pitched up an excited octave--almost back to her former usual. ”Mattie! Did you enjoy your birthday present? I hope you liked it! I don’t know too much about music qualities, but I love Tassy's work and I think your work is at the point where you need a good quality instrument to call your own.”

setting Sorting Feast || with Mattie + Gryffindorians
appearance 5'7", soft and squishy || hair color Purple + Pink + blue || wearing Uniform with a shrunken red and gold flower instead of a tie
status Ah. It’s back to school.

Also ~Open to Interaction!~

”mc2”

”Stefan Lee Salvatore”

I'm trembling now, you can't know how I've missed you
Missed the fairy tale adventures
In this ever spinning playground
We were young together.

♡♥
~"As if We Never Said Goodbye" by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 3rd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: Uniform with Combat Boots
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie at any moment when Sir and Ma'am (Monster 1 and Sidekick Monster) weren't around and Eden was, she made a show of pointedly ignoring him. She would turn her head away from him often after saying something along the lines of "I hope you go jump off the bridge." She knew Eden was suffering too (with no doors on their rooms privacy of one's misery was tough to find) but she still wanted to blame him for what happened.

Mattie was trying to ignore her brother's existence over at the Hufflepuff table as he met with his stupid girlfriend. Funny. Mattie assumed Monster 1's plot to break the two up over letter didn't work. Still didn't bring back Pietro. Poor, glorious Pietro.

As she looked to the doors of the Great Hall, coming her way was the wonderful Sparrow and Mattie ducked her head twisting the fabric of her skirt in her hands that were already losing their callouses from working on the guitar Sparrow had sent her. Since Mattie had a cat and Eden was the one with an owl, Mattie was stuck without a way to send a letter to Sparrow about what happened. Mattie didn't know if she had the words if she did have owl access. Of course, Sparrow would take up Mattie's hands and happily ask if Mattie enjoyed her birthday present.

Mattie bit her lip and began to cry as she nodded, "I did... Pietro. I named him Pietro. He was beautiful. But my brother was an idiot and bombed his OWLs and my parents searched our rooms. Ma'am found Pietro in my closet and... oh Sparrow I'm so sorry! Sir destroyed him. And my music... they burned it."

She pulled her hands away from Sparrow and wiped her tears with the sleeve of her robe, "I promise I loved him but... my parents thought music was a distraction and my grades weren't good enough for that. I can't even go to Hogsmeade, but I'd gladly give that up if I could have Pietro back."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓉𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒
                                                𝒯𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Have a dose of Mattie's dramatics with her misery. sweatdrop }
                                                addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:08 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Sparrow was alarmed as Mattie bit her lip and started to cry as she choked out a reply. She immediately shifted close, concern coloring her features. Apparently, Mattie’s brother had been an idiot and failed his OWLs, causing their parents to...destroy her guitar and burn her music.

Who could burn MUSIC?

Mattie pulled away, wiping her tears with a sleeve and Sparrow pulled the younger girl gently to her, hiding her face from any unkind faces. ”Oh Mattie, Are you okay? Did they hurt you? I’m so sorry, I can’t believe--who--how could they burn music?!” The idea boggled her mind. Surely Mr. and Mrs. Harper wanted the best for their children? How could they burn music? Music was Art! They were burning culture! Sparrow couldn’t think of anyone who would intentionally--actually she could, but they were usually dictators, evil lords, and callous soldiers at war--were they at war? This was a war! A war on culture! And Mattie was fighting it alone.

More than that, as parents, how could they burn music that was so important to their daughter? How--destroying an instrument--that was like murder! If they were willing to murder someone’s instrument were they the kind of people that murdered humans as well?

...it was the perfect villain character.

She’d have to keep that for later. Sparrow pulled away a little, carefully. She personally wanted to just squeeze Mattie tight and tell her everything would work out, surely there was a way to make her parents see reason and all would be well with the world. But...that too wouldn’t bring back Mattie’s Pietro.

”Mattie, tell me seriously now, do your parents hurt you like this regularly? I can call the MCPS for you?” Sparrow didn’t honestly know what the Magical Child Protective Services would do about a broken guitar, but right now she just cared that Mattie the human was hurting. She dug into her memories quickly, and called to mind the image of Big Sis Aspen, who had been the best kind of comfort when needed. What kind of reassurance did Mattie need now? ”We can get another guitar. It won’t be the same, but our tools as artists can be replaced. The best thing you can do for Pietro is to carry on his work--your work. The destroyed pages...that’s harder to replace. But you can think of new ideas. And most importantly, the hours you put into practicing are still here,” she said, gently tapping Mattie’s head. She took the girl’s fingers and smoothed them out. ”And here. Even if the callouses fade, muscle memory is still there.”

Sparrow wiped a stray tear from the younger girl’s cheek. ”Okay?”

appearance 5'7", soft and squishy || hair color Purple + Pink + blue || wearing Uniform with a shrunken red and gold flower instead of a tie

We were young together.

♡♥

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 am
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: Fall 2053

Gryffindor. Aria actually considered kissing the hat for his sorting of her. Uncle David was right! The hat did listen to requests. Or perhaps she really was so unlike her mother (and a good deal of her family) she was sorted into Gryffindor. And Gryffindor would be perfect because the quidditch team was well known to be bloated with players. She might have to ask to borrow a uniform to take a picture of her in it for her mom but it wouldn't be like she would be expected to be playing till third or fourth year at least. By then Aria hoped to show Cathaline League, the Captain of Puddlemore United and star chaser, that for Aria her accomplishments were more than quidditch. Aria didn't want to be famous necessarily; she wanted to change the world for the better.

She happily hopped off the stool and practically skipped to the Gryffindor table. Her robes were now decorated with red and gold which Aria thought looked better than yellow and black with her red hair and brown eyes. Not that the colors of a house meant anything. Fashion was nice, even useful, but not important so long as it was sustainable and affordable for everyone.

Further down the table was a blonde who looked quite distraught but she seemed to be helped by a colorfully haired girl. That was good she had friends to help. Aria did not want to intercede into a chaotic situation on her first day but if the girl was alone, Aria would seek her out in a heartbeat. Still it pained her. Aria hated to see pain of any sort. She reminded herself of the older girl already helping and looked to be the blonde's friend.

She looked for any other fellow first years (or even older students open for conversation) and listened to the sorting. She wondered where Ron would be sorted though she would have to wait a bit more. Hufflepuff was the verdict. Aria smiled as she twirled a strand of hair from her pigtails. Funny. If you went on parents alone they would likely have been switched in houses. She would see him in class though and the hat's choice proved there was far more to the sorting than parents or even where you would go if you looked at the person on paper. Their choice mattered too. After all, everyone in the family accepted that David was more a Slytherin at heart. Or he was at eleven. But if he was sorted there him and Leo might never have happened. Amazing how one choice could change so much. Well, Artemisia Rosalie League planned to make Gryffindor help her make the world more beautiful and peaceful and wonderful. Now if she could find a friendly face to talk to!

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Open for Interaction}
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:31 am
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 3rd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: Uniform with Combat Boots

Mattie shook her head as Sparrow pulled her towards her. "Only destroying my voice and ripping out a piece of my hear," She explained before quickly adding, "I mean Sir and Ma'am are terrible and awful, but it isn't like they believe in corporal punishment. More like scrub the bathroom with a toothbrush that you'll throw away later sort of thing."

Her parents were awful but it wasn't like she or Eden needed protective services. She'd get a ton of lectures about lying (including from protective services) and told off that just because her parents were strict it didn't mean they were abusive. "Sparrow, you know destroying a kid's property isn't exactly abusive," Mattie said, looking her friend in the eye before looking down. "Not legally at least. Maybe they'll calm down a bit by Christmas. Or Eden and I could just get coal. Hard to tell."

Mattie appreciated Sparrow's encouragement that she never lost the music in her heart. The problem was their was days she didn't even want to get out of bed. Few days but still days. There were other days she hardly slept as she snuck out of bed to write half a dozen tunes and songs that were spilling from her mind. She had those moments last year even the year before a bit but nothing like the fluctuations she started this summer. "Where would I even put a guitar? And the music, I rewrote a lot of them in the middle of the night or when both my parents were on base. It's not like I could get rid of the music if I wanted to."

She looked up to Sparrow, "You aren't mad at me about Pietro, are you?"

𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓉𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒
                                                𝒯𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Have a dose of Mattie's dramatics with her misery. sweatdrop }
                                                addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor flushed bright red when the Sorting Hat had told her there was no acting nice with him, particularly since he had said it out loud in front of everyone. At least he didn’t seem offended or that he’d punish her by sending her to a bad house. Then again, there weren’t any bad houses, only bad housemates – and at this point, she hadn’t any idea who she’d be sharing a house with. As soon as “Gryffindor!” had been called, Taylor’s uniform transformed into the appropriate colours of her new home, and that hadn’t even been the most magical part of the night thus far! She stuck out her arms to watch her robes change, still sitting on the stool, before the Hat was removed and she made her way towards the table decked out in the same colours.

Once she arrived at the Gryffindor table, she scooted onto the seat across from a redhead who she had recognized from the Sorting. “Name’s Taylor Olson,” she said, sticking out her hand to shake. “Pleasure to meet you.” So, Taylor couldn’t remember the girl’s name – sue her. She met so many people throughout the day, they’d be lucky if she remembered anyone’s names. “Did you get the house you were hoping for?” she asked, making an effort to wait for a response rather than jumping into her own rambles.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

mc2

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • In hindsight, Lainey should've spent more time relishing in her first year. It was fun and she made some nice friends, but she didn't know how good she had it until it was time for Benji to join her. Ugh. She already grew up with him annoying her 24/7 at home but it didn't make having to deal with him again any less irritating, especially she since had a year without him already.

He thankfully stayed in a separate compartment on the train so Lainey had some peace, chatting with some other students on the train and then on the carriages before they arrived at the Great Hall and went their separate ways. She made herself comfortable at the Gryffindor table as she watched the Sorting happen. Benji's name was soon called out and he ended up going to Slytherin, thankfully away from her way down in the dungeons. Good riddance, she sniffed, glaring at him as he gave her an annoying smirk before sitting at his table. Rolling her eyes, she waited for food to appear so she could dig in; she was hungry.

• WHEN Fall 2053 tab tab tab WHERE Gryffindor table tab tab tab WITH her housemates

OOC Open for interaction!

username

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:19 am
xxxxxx

She was soon joined by a brunette who seemed to have a bit of a blush. Having your mind read was invasive so a bit of embarrassment was only natural, Aria concluded. Aria had been so focused on not being a Hufflepuff and not like her mother she didn't even think about being embarrassed. The girl introduced herself as Taylor Olson and asked if she was happy with the sorting.

Aria grinned and shook the girl's hand, "I am Artemisia League, but you can call me Aria... or Artemis, I suppose. As for the house it was more of what I was hoping not to get than what I got." She blushed lightly and said, "I couldn't be happier with Gryffindor, though. I didn't want to necessarily follow my mum's legacy." Her cheeks began to match her hair and she quickly said, "What about you? Are you happy with the house the hat picked for you?" Maybe she and Taylor could be friends. Taylor seemed nice if not a bit more blunt than her prep school might approve of. She wasn't at Queen's though and it was nice to figuratively let her hair down.

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                kiska166

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          тнe тrυтн ιѕ, тнe тrυтн ιѕ a нeavy ѕтone
                                          ѕo won'т yoυ нelp мe вroтнer
                                          caυѕe ι can'т lιғт тнιѕ on мy own

spaceBook wasn't overly surprised by his sorting; he was pretty sure Gryffindor was the same house his aunt had gotten, and his mother was constantly complaining about how alike the two of them were. It must be genetic, he thought, since he hadn't even ever spent any time with Aunt Mercy as a kid, on account of his mum trying to cover up her magic and all. He had hopped off the stool and made his way down towards the table that had cheered the loudest, watching his robes turn red to match his new housemate's with some interest. It wasn't as cool as his aunt's fireworks, but it was still magic, after all.

spaceHe thought for a second about where to sit; it was a pretty big table, with lots of other people at it. In the end, he supposed he ought to sit at least nearby the other kids who'd been sorted with him, since they'd be in all the same classes and whatnot. He located two of the girls who'd been sorted before him, taking a seat next to the redhead. He knew it was probably rude to insert himself into their conversation, but he'd have to do that with anyone he sat with, seeing as he'd only just joined the table.

space"Hullo, I'm Booker, but everyone calls me Book," he told the pair. Hopefully he wasn't sticking his nose in the middle of some lifelong best friends nonsense. Only fair if he was, he guessed, since he didn't know anybody at all or have any friends. It was weird, he thought, not knowing anyone. He'd been going to school with the same kids since he was small, and now he was in a huge castle full of absolute strangers. None of his aunt's friends had kids his age as far as he knew. He was all on his own. Which was sort of awful, but hey, he'd been through worse.

тнe тrυтн wιll lιve
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree (yeѕ ιт wιll)
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll, тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree
                                          ιт'ѕ a вιттer pιll мy people
                                          well we вeттer ѕтarт cнewιng, ιғ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean

wнere - Gryffindor Table
                                          wнen - Sorting Feast 2053
                                          wιтн - Housemates
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

mc2

kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:20 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor nodded in response to Artemisia saying she could call her Aria. That was much less of a mouthful, and when you spoke as much as Taylor did, shortening a word from four syllables to two would help, especially if it was a word that she would be using a lot. Curious, Taylor asked, “Which house were you hoping not to get?” She needed to know why there was a particular house that her housemate did not want, and which house it was. Maybe getting Gryffindor was a bigger blessing than she had thought. However, as Aria continued, she mentioned that she hadn’t wanted to follow in her mother’s footsteps. “I’m guessing the house your mum was in is the one you didn’t want to be sorted into?” she couldn’t help but ask. Curse her and her need to know everything about everyone.

“I guess, yeah,” she answered with a shrug. “Mum was in Slytherin and dad was in Ravenclaw, but I didn’t really care which house I’d be in. I mean, maybe it would have been cool to be in one of their houses, but I think I’ll be just fine in Gryffindor.” Especially now that she had somebody to talk to! In fact, she had two somebody’s. Hazel eyes darted onto the boy who joined her and Aria. “Pleasure to meet you, Book. I’m Taylor. Or Tay, whichever you prefer,” she said, sticking out her hand to shake his. “What about you – are you happy to have been sorted into Gryffindor?”

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

mc2
MJ Spooks

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:32 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Mattie insisted her parents were terrible and awful, but not exactly abusive, which Sparrow honestly doubted. Destroying a child’s figurative voice and ripping out a piece of her heart sounded pretty abusive to her. But then again, Sparrow had been born on a figurative gilded platter, and anything less had always seemed like abuse or neglect to her.

”Well, you are officially welcome to the Winchester Estate for Christmas this year,” Sparrow declared. ”We do a positively wonderful party in the ballroom each year with a feast and music and dancing, so there definitely won’t be coal.”

Sparrow was much relieved that Mattie had managed to rewrite a lot of her music. There was still the issue of not having a place to keep the guitar...there were shrinking charms, but that would break the awful Statute of Secrecy...unless there was an enchantment to keep on the guitar that allowed it to shrink when needed? Like a moke!

”Mad at you? Perish the thought! I’m more worried you don’t have an outlet for your music! You need a good instrument. Well, as long as you have one at school, they can’t exactly take that away.” Sparrow lightened her tone a little before asking: ”Pietro though, hm? That wouldn’t happen to be named after a Mr. Pietro Donati from Music, would it?”

She was about to dive into some friendly teasing about a possible crush before the possible age gap-- Pietro was her year after all-- reminded her of another question and with a worried gasp, pressed her palms together imploringly. ”Mattie you’re a third year now, right? What electives did you sign up for? Please tell me you signed up for Music! Perhaps we can still add it now? They can’t very well argue about it once it’s on the transcript!”

We were young together.

♡♥

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:17 am
xxxxxx

"Hufflepuff," Aria answered Taylor in regards to the house she did not want before nodding in agreement that it was her mother's house. "I think I'm the only Gryffindor in the family besides my Aunt Leo but she's my uncle's wife. The line of Slytherins before my mum's generation are likely rolling in their graves," Aria joked with a shrug.

She tilted her head and listened as Taylor explained her parent's house and a bit of a desire to be sorted as them. She wasn't though but she didn't seem upset by it. They were soon joined by a boy Booker - Book - that had a casual hullo that was disarming but would make most back in her part of London turn up their noses at him. Whatever she liked 'hullo' even if she might not adopt it herself. Taylor also introduced herself as Tay to Book and then asked about if he was happy with being sorted to Gryffindor.

Smiling, Aria held out her hand to Book and said, "I'm Artemisia but please call me Aria. As Taylor said, are you happy with being sorted in Gryffindor? I really hope so. I hate it when people are unhappy. But if you are unhappy that is fine too. I'm not one to tell someone what they should feel." Aria was worried her chattiness was getting the better of her. At least her mother's fear on how she'd get along with male classmates (which she never had) proved to be ungrounded. Cathy worried about everything when it came to her precious daughter. Everything but bludgers flying at her, Aria added to herself.

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                kiska166

MJ Spooks

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

ѕo won'т yoυ нelp мe вroтнer
                                          caυѕe ι can'т lιғт тнιѕ on мy own

spaceBook was glad that neither of the girls seemed bothered by his presence; not that he would've left if they had, honestly. He probably would've kept butting in until they outright told him to stop. And even then, it was kind of fifty/fifty if he would actually listen. They were going to be his classmates for the next seven years, they ought to get used to him, right? Luckily, that didn't seem to be a concern, at least not right now, anyway. "Nice to meet you both," he said with a grin.

spaceHe did wonder if people were usually bothered by their house, if it was a question they'd felt the need to ask. Confused, he shook his head.
                                          "Nah, I'm actually sort of thrilled," he told them. "I've only got one- well, technically two, if you count Glynn, but blood-relatives, I've only got one person who went to Hogwarts, my Aunt Merc. She was in Gryffindor, and mum's always complaining about how I'm too much like her, which I take as a compliment. She's cool. Only other house I know much about is Ravenclaw, Glynn was in Ravenclaw. I like him, but we're not very alike."

spaceHe paused, then realized he hadn't been particularly clear. "Glynn's my aunt's... uh, boyfriend? Husband? I feel like they ought to be married by now, but I don't think they are." He snorted a little. Of course, them being married would require one of them proposing, so he could see how they'd managed to go this long without doing it.

space"Anyway, my aunt and her best friend own a fireworks company, I wanna work for them when I graduate. Mum's hoping I'll change my mind by then." He snickered, thinking that was unlikely. "What about you guys, what kinda stuff do your families do?" Normally, he'd think there was no way they had a cooler job than his aunt, but then again, if their relatives were also magic, he could be wrong. What if they were, like, magical rock stars, or something? Was that cooler than the fireworks? ... Hm, maybe that was a tie.

тнe тrυтн wιll lιve
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree (yeѕ ιт wιll)
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll, тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree
                                          ιт'ѕ a вιттer pιll мy people
                                          well we вeттer ѕтarт cнewιng, ιғ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean

wнere - Gryffindor Table
                                          wнen - Sorting Feast 2053
                                          wιтн - Housemates
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

mc2

kiska166

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash