Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
Dead!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we Showcase languages in other forums to spark interest?
YESH!
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
I don't know :/ ...
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
NO! *Selfish smirk*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:00 pm
What if we did like...a showcase of sorts, showing off what you can do with conlangs, in forums that people where people would actually show interest? We could showcase some of the ones that were set up quickly, to encourage interest in people that were new to linguistics and the idea of conlanging, then have some more complex examples to spark interest in the people that already have a base knowledge. We could also have a post in the thread about conlangs in pop culture, so as to give people the idea that it isn't something that "just a few weird people" would be interested in.

It is 1:00am and I am barely awake, so idk if this is as good an idea as I feel it is right now, but I'm throwing it out there  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:09 am
I vote Yes to showcasing :O That is genius! :Opening a poll option for this:  

Song Wei

Nanoq

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:29 pm
You know, this is kinda like my secret hide-out, no one knows I conlang, so it's fun sneaking around here and pause real life sometimes. Not that I don't like real life, but this is fun too! I love all of y'alls.

And I shall soon post something that you're gonna have an opinion about for sure. I think. Don't get your hopes up though, yeah? It's a little thing, but fun.

Also (VERY OFF-TOPIC), I don't know what your carreer plans are, but what do you think about biotechnology? For me, that is. I know many of you wanna work with languages or so, but I myself am very confused about professional pathways in life - ireally don't know what to choose, so I thought if any of you have some advice or tips for me I'm all yours.

And I really can't follow my heart or that kind of crap, because it doesn't know what I want. And I know it'll work out in time, but thing is, I'm kinda bored NOW, so I want something to involve myself in NOW, haha. I've had nothing to do since I lost my temp job in March. Stupid economic crisis times in combination with large scale unemployment region...

Oh yay, conlanging rocks! =D /[entópico].  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:40 pm
I haven't been very active around here for probably a year... But I still conlang, although I usually only do a few sketches... But anyway, I also voted yes. Conlanging really should be more well known.  

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Azaurmyth

Devoted Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 am
It would be kind of cool to showcase the conlangs. I've worked quiet a bit on mine...though over the summer it's dropped off again. As someone said in this guild once, it progresses at the speed of procrastination >.<

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 am
I've been meaning to come back here, especially since my conlangs play a big role in at least two of my stories, but I've been so busy: first with school, then moving, researching multipe things, getting sick, and anticipation for going back to visit friends and family in Tidewater (and making a bracelet for one of them). That is probably the longest, coherent sentence I have ever written. xd I've got to remind myself to come back more often. You'd think my friend constantly changing her avi and showing it on facebook would be enough. sweatdrop I really like the show casing idea. I'd ove to participate in that thread if anyone starts it. 3nodding

Also, I write a blog. I was wondering if I could get any comments on it (preferbly on it) Homeschooled Catholic

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:11 pm
I might be back. I've been working extremely actively on my South Eresian/T'ant'api language, and it's really taking form. I feel bad about neglecting this place for so long, but I'll be doing what I can to revive it. It's been pretty resilient in the past; I've seen many times in which people called it dead and then it sprang back. :p  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:12 pm
still dead emo  

Song Wei

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:28 pm
Er...

I could post something I've started working on recently I suppose...for suggestions and such.

Though I am afraid of revealing my fantastically amateurish skill at this. ><  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:44 pm
better than nothing I would suppose sweatdrop  

Song Wei

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:30 am
I'm not on Gaia as much anymore and when I am I'm usually in the Gaia International forum and almost never in the guilds anymore but nonetheless I will try and work on my existing conlangs and work on some ones as well. I was sort of busy with school, and non-English websites. Sorry. xp But I want to let you all know that I am still here. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:09 pm
Hm... Working on something that has potential to be huge...  

Song Wei

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:08 pm
Trey Shang
I bet many have thought that....

Details, please give.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:20 pm
Henneth Annun
Trey Shang
I bet many have thought that....

Details, please give.
*sigh* if I must rolleyes

Just joking ^-^

It has an Asian feel to it with some Slavic influence. Can be written in English, Cyrillic, or the Syllabic script designed specifically for the sounds in the language(yet to be developed).

As for grammar it is pretty basic, though it has a lot of things that are rather complex, such as the interrogative sentence structure and the negative sentence structure. It can be either SOV or SVO depending on importance of context. But over all it is pretty free form in that regard. ((and unfortunately like Japanese the Subject is sometimes completely dropped, but it adds character))

I am just really excited about it smile  

Song Wei

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:17 pm
^^Nice. I'm going to try to work on Karani a bit more seeing as it is my only "successful" conlang that I have made so far. But I will continue to work on Kuma and maybe some of my older ones like Vykosteni.  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff