Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:38 pm
Well? Tell us:

Who's your favorite?
Why are they your favorite?
What about them made you like them?

We want to know!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:25 pm
I'd have to say Enrique Bunbury, I love how he sings and his musical style, both as a solo artist, and with Heroes del Silencio.  

Narakyou

Duchess Says

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:10 pm
At this moment, I am really into Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate), Look Mexico, Sharks Keep Moving, Shaimus, and Foxtail Somersault. I am going through a massive emo phase right now, so that explains Empire! Empire!. Look Mexico and Sharks Keep Moving are both pretty damn unique and do their genres in a way I haven't heard before, so I really enjoy them for that. Shaimus is just great, catch pop. Foxtail Somersault does shoegaze fantastically without getting boring like some shoegaze does.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:12 am
Amorphis.

The vocals are just powerful and smooth ~

It's like an eargasm.

Jenitorturer

mmm---bl00d

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:16 am
Shinedown for me. It's the meaning in their lyrics. The things I understand inside of the words. The phrase that ended any doubt about my interest in them: "I live in a hallway with no rooms and no doors." I made a very neat picture of this and I just need to add some color and it's awesome. If I ever go to their concert, I'm going to find a way to give it to them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:33 am
These are all great!
I should try listening to these sometime!
As for me, I prefer not an artist, but a genre! I love almost all classical orchestra music.
But oh yes, Mozart must be my favorite.. I love the passion he puts into his music.
Though, there's always room in my heart for any new, aspiring composers of this generation!

But if I had to choose artists, I would say Muse.
I love how they're not always into what's trendy.
They like to explore with different types of music, and I find this enjoyable.
It leaves me wondering what they'll come up with next!
And not only that, but I love the emotion they put behind it.
As if, it's not just music, but a story of sorts. They put emotion behind the words.
It's hard to find artists like that these days.

II-Captain Kiwi-II
Captain

PurpleGoddess123

4,500 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:38 pm
User Image

I wasn't chosen to be a goddess...

I have so many! Such as:
Beyonce
N-Dubz
Lady Gaga
Alica Keys
Jason Derulo
B.O.B
Britney Spears
Booty luv
Katy Perry
Keyshia Cole...
My fav music Genre is R&B by the way. ;D

...i was already born one.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:16 pm
My favorites are a varying and constantly changing subject. It can move from the obvious classic favorites like ACDC to the lesser known Lower Class Brats depending on what day it is for me and who I play my music with. haha. But lately I have been more into a folk rock/punk mood with Gaslight Anthem, Against Me!(old stuff, not that new sellout stuff they play.) and Frank Turner. As well of course more of the not so obvious stuff like Andrew Jackson Jihad and Dorlene Love.  

evilbrainbabies
Crew

Duchess Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 pm
Il T0XiC Il
classical orchestra music.

Then you should try some Tin Hat Trio and Estradasphere. Great stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm
User ImageOpus Dai they have the most amazing voice I have ever heard, and their music is so.........dramatic.... kinda in a post apocaliptic way. burning_eyes  

Chibi-Alice N

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

nazgurath falanor talik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:27 am
I recently discovered that I enjoy Missy Higgins. I really enjoy her sound, her voice, her piano, everything. And, it turns out I've actually enjoyed her music way before I knew who she was.
I also enjoy some of the lesser known people, namely on youtube, because there's just something about independently produced music that appeals to me.
As for other big names, I enjoy Great Big Sea, Rise Against, Rehab, and The Offspring, to name a few.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:51 am
Alice in Chains. The vocals (particularly Layne's) are really powerful and the range of some of their songs is amazing compared to a lot of music. There's just sort of a jagged edge to the band that appeals to me, but overall it's still executed really smoothly and without any random screaming or needlessly "hard" sounds.  

LordKhrima
Crew

Awesomerissa

4,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 pm
There is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many to deside such as

Shinedown
Beyonce
Pink
Katy Perry
The Scene
Owl City
Kesha
bla bla bla bla ....................  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:07 pm
The Clash, Green Day and Rage Against The Machine.
Rage Against the Machine, I like a few of their songs, like Bulls on Parade and Killing in the Name of, but they're still favorites for obvious reasons.

Unlike many musicians, their music has actual meaning.  

Blakemore

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
♫ International Music ♫

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items