Welcome to Gaia! ::

M.T.G.P.S. Magic The Gathering Preservation Society

Back to Guilds

Magic The Gathering Based Community of Experienced & New Players. 

Tags: Magic The Gathering, Planeswalker RP, Card Game, Discussion, Rules Assistance 

Reply M.T.G.P.S.
Archenemy [Discussion Thread]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archenemy
  Love It.
  Like It.
  Neutral.
  Dislike It.
  Hate It.
View Results

DA-FDNT
Captain

Distinct Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:43 pm
So, Archenemy. What Do You Think?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 pm
Extremely unbalanced. I knew that as soon as I heard of this "one vs. many" theme that it would be unbalanced. the game literally depends on how many people are playing. I think it was a stupid idea and wizards made a mistake by even considering it.  

mokuzai

Tagg the Reborn
Crew

1,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:57 pm
Don't like it... Tried playing it with paper... but just doesnt seem as fun. expecially for the one person. its kinda like dugeons and dragons, but the GM has nothing to start with.

its normally jsut ONE side having fun.

It's just another game varient turned into a product. that's all  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:40 pm
I like parts of it. It's extremely one sided though, and it can be rather... boring under normal circumstances. In order to spice things up a bit more, my friends and I play one-on-one using two archenemy oversized-card decks.  

Nephilimalch

sky_rider19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:16 pm
It is not meant for new players to play as the Arch Enemy. I was pretty much slaughtered against 4 players. I couldn't keep track of each field and I was using someone else's deck to see if it would work with the Archenemy deck but I couldn't handle it.

A question we kept having was with the ongoing scheme's. We couldn't figure out if you could draw new ones while it was going on or if you had to wait to use it. Because that screwed a few other Archenemies because they were stuck with a useless Scheme early on.  
M.T.G.P.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games