FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:33 am
Any of John Green's books. Their short, or at least seem short when I couldn't stop reading them. So they may not be more than a quick hit for you. But luckily, he has four to choose from.

And on top of that, he already has his own page on that wiki-whats-it thing. Man, ever feel like you haven't done anything lately?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:20 pm
Do you like cats? My favorite mystery books are the Cat Who...series by Lilian Jackson Braun. No cussing, either! xd  

purpleravenhawk

Shaizic

Sparkling Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 pm
If you're still needing a book, I like Vampire Plagues by Sebastian Rook. They're published by Scholastic, so they're PG range. London 1850 is the first, and they're actually pretty decent for a young adult fiction.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:33 am
If you like historical fiction, you need to look up Edward Rutherfurd, awesome books. He takes a city - London, Dublin, Moscow, New York etc, and spans their development by following the fortunes of several fictional families or characters through the centuries, using factual history. Highly readable.

Other authors I would recommend to anyone -

Tracy Chevalier
Terry Pratchett
Iain M Banks (amazing sci-fi)
China Mieville
Kazuo Ishiguro
Anchee Min  

Ergates

Conservative Dabbler

Queen Flutterby

Beloved Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:02 pm
Kryptik Chaos
I don't suppose you read Stepen King do you? Cause I read this really great book recently by him.....it's called "Under the Dome"
It is really awesome work. Try it out some time.

I actually used to read his books many years ago but I don't like them anymore.
I might try the cat books. I have seen those around and wondered if they were good. Edward Rutherfurd sounds interesting too.
I heard of a book called "The Winter Sea" by Susanna Kearsley. Does anyone know if that one is good?
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I appreciate it!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:44 am
Don't know if this help since I'm terrible with ratings. Yet Conn Iggulden Rome is just awesome. Written to make you feel you where there. Then Ken Follet is also a great writer but he might be to rough if you like the pg but I don't know. Yet Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth is something special if one likes Medieval times.  

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

Queen Flutterby

Beloved Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 am
Dokuro Togiretogire
Don't know if this help since I'm terrible with ratings. Yet Conn Iggulden Rome is just awesome. Written to make you feel you where there. Then Ken Follet is also a great writer but he might be to rough if you like the pg but I don't know. Yet Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth is something special if one likes Medieval times.

Thx, I will take a look.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 pm
I'm reading The Westminster Poisoner by Susanna Gregory at the moment, it's a murder-mystery set in Restoration London, apparently the fourth in a series but I haven't read any of the others. I'm enjoying it.  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Queen Flutterby

Beloved Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 am
September Wolf
I'm reading The Westminster Poisoner by Susanna Gregory at the moment, it's a murder-mystery set in Restoration London, apparently the fourth in a series but I haven't read any of the others. I'm enjoying it.

I looked it up on Amazon and it has excellent reviews and looks very interesting. I love historical settings. So far, have you found it to be basically PG rated?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:48 am
Queen Anh
September Wolf

I looked it up on Amazon and it has excellent reviews and looks very interesting. I love historical settings. So far, have you found it to be basically PG rated?
It is PG-rating, in the sense that there is no nasty languge or lurid sex scenes etc.. it does make mention of brothels and corpses - not in any lurid detail though, just as a fact of life in London at the time. I think the most salacious thing so far was a lady fell over and showed her lace bloomers!  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Queen Flutterby

Beloved Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:33 am
September Wolf
Queen Anh
September Wolf

It is PG-rating, in the sense that there is no nasty languge or lurid sex scenes etc.. it does make mention of brothels and corpses - not in any lurid detail though, just as a fact of life in London at the time. I think the most salacious thing so far was a lady fell over and showed her lace bloomers!

LOL...okay, thx!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:07 pm
Look up

Miss peregrine's home for peculiar children

Although I haven't myself read it I have heard great things. I believe it is a young adult book so it should be in the pg 13 range. It looks uber interesting IMHO. It's next on my buy list once I get some moola!  

Kitty

Witty Lunatic

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Queen Flutterby

Beloved Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm
Okay, thx. I will check that out. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:17 pm
The last book series I was able to get into was the Resident Evil books, they put the movies to shame.  

Goat Cancer

Aged Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers