Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Magical

Back to Guilds

This is a place where pagans, witches, and others who wish to know can come to learn from each other, and grow! 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Magic, Witchcraft, New Generation 

Reply *~General Discussion and Debate~*
A Suggestions Thread ~For Possible Guild Improvement~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:19 pm
I checked the main forum and there didn't seem to be one of these up yet, so I thought I'd take the initiative and make one.

This is supposed to be a general thread where guild members can come and post their ideas on how to improve the guild. Things they'd like to see added, altered or just kicked off all together.

It is, of course, up to the guild captain whether or not to implement our suggestions, but making suggests never hurts anyone.

I, of course, made this thread because I have some suggestions of my own.

* We have a good number of sub-forums but their subject matter seems kinda randomly selected. I think "Spells & Potions", "Tarot & Runes" and "Dream Interpretations" could all three be combined into one "General Craft" forum. Each one by itself is such a small subject and doesn't stir enough conversation to merit their own forums. Combining them would be much more efficient for the guild.

* I would like to see a sub-forum for non-standard practices of witchcraft. For those witches that, instead of learning and adhering to a pre-existing path, forge their own and create their own brand of witchcraft.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:26 pm
Combining some of the smaller forums into a general crafts section does seem like a good idea. If each of the subforums were more widely used, then the specifics would be good, but since, as it stands, some of them only have a couple of small threads each, they might get more notice if they were grouped together in a more general forum.  

Little Batwing
Crew

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:29 pm
Little Batwing
Combining some of the smaller forums into a general crafts section does seem like a good idea. If each of the subforums were more widely used, then the specifics would be good, but since, as it stands, some of them only have a couple of small threads each, they might get more notice if they were grouped together in a more general forum.
This pickled vegetable...

That would also free-up some of the already existing sub-forums so that the guild Captain didn't have to buy new ones is she/he wants to create a new forum. We could just convert one of the ones that was freed during the forum combining.

... could kick your a** !!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:38 pm

I also think the Introductions forum can be condensed to a single thread and the main forum be made into something else. Maybe a place for guild members to discuss the guild as a whole? The Crew has their own private forum to discuss and debate the state of the guild, but what about the members. We should get a say too.

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Some more involvement by the guild staff would be nice too. I don't think the Captain has bumped this guild once since I joined.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 pm
The spell forum in general lacks any real...structure. Instead of devoting an entire topic to one spell why not make a topic for a bunch of spells. Like, one for love, luck, money, health, summoning and so on. That way there one be random topics with 0-5 posts.
It's also more welcoming for people to post spells that they know, allowing us to gather a tiny library to browse through.  

Zurg UFO

Aged Noob

Lupes_Darkness

Invisible Hunter

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:01 pm
I like your idea about non-traditional Witchcraft. It's probably personal bias, as I tend to make up s**t that feels right instead of following a recipe (kind of like how I cook). I feel left out when people talk about this tradition and that tradition, when everything I do is my own skewed version of something I read somewhere or dreamed about.

I run a similar guild to this one, although it's not very active because I don't promote it enough. Having the guild captain more involved would help greatly, as my own guild was more active when I and my accomplice were bumping it.

Combine the sub-forums, yes. There's too many of misc topics, and I personally believe in that idiom "less is more."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:50 pm
Lupes_Darkness
I like your idea about non-traditional Witchcraft. It's probably personal bias, as I tend to make up s**t that feels right instead of following a recipe (kind of like how I cook). I feel left out when people talk about this tradition and that tradition, when everything I do is my own skewed version of something I read somewhere or dreamed about.

I want a forum like that because I'm sure no one else in this guild is gonna be combining martial arts and witchcraft like I am.

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

Ziekara
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:12 pm
Lupes_Darkness

I run a similar guild to this one, although it's not very active because I don't promote it enough. Having the guild captain more involved would help greatly, as my own guild was more active when I and my accomplice were bumping it.

Combine the sub-forums, yes. There's too many of misc topics, and I personally believe in that idiom "less is more."

*goes off to find your guild and join it*
Ahem, anyway...

I agree that a non-traditional witchcraft subform would be a good idea. I like that idea a lot. Other than that though, I don't really have any suggestions, but I love listening to everyone else's biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 pm
I Will be combining the smaller tarot, runes, dreams, spells, and potions into one general sub-forum. these suggestions are great, guys! Keep 'em coming!

Artistic Genocide
Captain

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Thank you for combining the the sub-forums into a general witchcraft forum. Could we also have a sub-forum for general paganism as well?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:27 pm
We you mean general paganism, do you mean a general overview of various pagan paths, and such? Or do you mean something else?

Artistic Genocide
Captain

Renkon Root
Crew

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:28 pm
Artistic Genocide
We you mean general paganism, do you mean a general overview of various pagan paths, and such? Or do you mean something else?

I mean a place to discuss various pagan paths. Their mythologies, lores, etr...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 pm
Ah, okay. I think I know what you mean. We can use one of the now open sub-forums for it.

Artistic Genocide
Captain

*~General Discussion and Debate~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas