I want to write a FFX fic dealing with time travel. So far my plot is this:

Yuna, after the ending of the sequel, suddenly sees the world around her changing drastically, becoming more and more apocalyptic and closer to ground zero of a war, eventually dying. On the farplane the fayth ask her (as they remember the original timeline) to help them once again and agree to send her back in time.

At first her only clue is Seymour having something to do with it. However, she finds out Seymour is not the one causing the trouble, but in fact some is after his life.

This is where I run into trouble. While Yuna has to juggle both her quest to stop Sin and protect Seymour, she also finds herself having to balance her affections for Tidus while trying to convince Seymour not to attempt his plan of ending the world himself, all while never letting on she's from the future.

Originally I had them try to hide from the assassins, but a) that sounds dumb and b) it doesn't work anyway and they need a new strategy which I haven't figured out.

I'm also sure how to introduce a character. Two characters who are the actual villains intend to take over Guadosalam (the doorway to the farplane's there and that's central to their plans). One character wants to use force and threats to get him to hand over control, and another, working with the first, tries seduction. The third character, however, also time traveled and is trying to stop the two.

Ideas greatly welcomed.