Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inenor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:02 pm
Vincent Valentine (chaos)
Inenor
520-Slann Mage Priest
-1 lore, +1 dice to cast, Ethereal, Magic Resistance 3
-Plaque of Protection (2+ ward), Cube of Darkness (dispel scroll with 50% chance of ending enemy magic phase), and a Dispel Scroll

150-Skink Priest
-Lvl 2
-Dispel Scroll, Diadem of Power (store up to 2 dice from casters dice to dispel pool)

141-Skink Chief
-Light Armor & Spear
-Staff of the Lost Sun ( S:5 x3 Short Bow), Enchanted shield (+2 to save)
-Terradon (Flying Mount)

160-Scar-Vetran
-Light Armor
-Burning Blade of Chotek (-2 to armor save and flaming magical attack), Shield of the Mirrored Pool (2+ redirect magic missiles to caster)
-Cold One

500-Saurus Warriors
-2 units of 20 warriors with full command

220-Skink Skirmishers
-2 unis w/ bowpipes
-1 units w/ shield and javelin

90-Terradons
-3 Terradons

470-Stegadon(s)
-2 Stegadons
this is the list i am currently 2/2/0 with 4laugh

I see you included a skink chief. While I really like the looks and feel of a skink chief, I just can't recommend it. In no way. If you want a terradon flyer, just add another terradon, that's easy. If you want a quick moving free runner? Make a scar vet instead with that crazy thing there makes you move with a m of 9 if I remember good enough. With a great weapon, you have a great potential of killing annoying chariots. (strength 7= auto kill a chariot.) And lastly, this is more a personal thing I guess. I like to keep my skink skirmishers as small and cheap as possible. Why? Their not here to kill things, their just plain damn bad at that. They can only really do things with shooting, but I like them to divert, make the enemy position themselves in bad places. This is just my short two cents! =]

he's actually helped a lot in the games, his high mobility and BS help him target even skirmishers with the staff and he makes a good large target hunter to boot! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:05 pm
I got a new list i wana run by you all. Its a 1250 pt list that i made for a tournament i'm gunna run.

Gor-Rok 215

Skink Priest 150
-Lvl2
-Diadem, Scroll

Skink Priest 150
-Lvl2
-Blood Statuette

Saurus Warriors 250
-Full command
-20 saurus

Skink Skirmishers 140
-2 units of 10 w/ BP

*Terradon Riders / Chameleon Skinks
-4 terradons/10 chameleons

Salamander hunting pack 225
-3 salamanders 9 crew

*I am undecided between having drop rocks T3 skinks or scouting -1 to hit at range skinks with +1 bs.

what do you all think?  

Inenor

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 am
Well, got my Army book, and I made this list, with what I managed to get ahold of fairly cheaply.
Unnamed Empire Army.
Heroes:
Captain: hand weapon, Shield, full plate. 64 pts.
Captain: Full plate, shield, lance, barded warhorse. 78 pts.
Core:
Swordsmen x20. 120 pts.
Detachment, 8 handgunners. 64 pts.
Knights x8. Preceptor, Musician, Standard. 184 pts.
Handgunners x10. 80 pts.
Handgunners x10. 80 pts.
Free company x25. 125 pts.
Rare:
Helblaster volley gun. 110 pts.
925 pts.
Leaves plenty of room for magic items, which I am confused. What items would benefit this list best?
Fantasy equipment confuses me. And what units would get my list a little more oomf?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 am
looks like a good starting 1k army. very flexible you got your ranges and close combat.  

Inenor

Inenor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am
Slann Mage Priest - 520
-1 lore, +1 to cast, Magic attacks only hit, MR (3)
-Plaque of protection, cube of darkness, Dispel Scroll

Skink Priest - 150
-lvl 2
- Blood Statuette of Spite, Diadem of Power

Skink Chief - 141
-Light armor
-Staff of the Lost Sun, Enchanted shield
-Terradon

Scar-Veteran - 160
-Light Armor
-Burning Blade of Chotek, Shield of the Mirrored Pool
-Cold One

Saurus Warriors - 540
- 2 units of 20 w/ spears and full command

Skink Skirmishers - 220
-2 units of 10 w/ blowpipes
-1 unit of 10 w/ javelins

Terradon Riders - 90
-3 riders

Stegadon - 470
- 2 Stegadons

Chameleon Skinks - 120
-10 skinks

Jungle Swarms - 90
-2 swarm bases

2501 points, going up for the tournament round 1 at the end of feb

and to make it my 2250 list i would remove the spears, chameleons, and swarms.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:33 am
Undivided:
1 Company Command Squad
2 units of stormtroopers

Khorne Platoon:
2 units of standard guardsmen
1 platoon command squad
2 armoured sentinels
1 Stalk Tank (converted with 2 sentinel kits and a defiler)
1 unit of 5 khorne flesh hounds
1 unit of heavy weapons

Tzeentch Platoon:
1 platoon command squad
1 Psyker Battle squad
1 Primaris Psyker (modelled on disc of tzeentch)
1 unit of heavy weapons
1 unit of Rough Riders (riding Screamers of Tzeentch)

Slaanesh Platoon:

1 platoon command squad
1 maxed out unit of conscripts (slaanesh slaves) (i havnt got the codex in front of me atm, but thats something like 40 or 50 models...)
1 unit of heavy weapons

Nurgle Platoon:
1 platoon command squad
1 unit of heavy weapons
1 unit of Ratlings
[I need more ideas for nurgle...]

Others:
1 vindicare assassin (khorne)
1 Guardsman Marbo (khorne)
3 Leman Russ Punishers (undivided)
3 Leman Russ Executioners (undivided)
1 Thunderbolt Fighter (khorne)
1 Plaguereaper (nurgle baneblade)
1 counts-as Huron Blackheart (Khorne)

Converting:
you guys have already seen my SS/Gestapo influenced Khorne guard, (but for those who havn't) now im thinking of ideas for the other gods platoons:

Tzeentch- model the helmets the same way as the khorne guard (all details shaved off, leaving a simple bowl helmet) but then adding the crests ala Thousand-Sons to them (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1251604_99110102073_CSMThsndSonssqdmain_445x319.jpg) possibly adding robes to them as well with Green Stuff.
another idea i had was to model bird heads, and add feathers to some of the models armour. (however, i cant find good bird heads anywhere!)

Nurgle- maybe buy in some Forge World renegades, as they already have the too-ugly-to-look-at sack heads. i can then green stuff them to add symbols, rot, etc

Slaanesh- this ones tough... i need to make the guard look slaaneshi without making loads of females or using demons for every guardsman...

any ideas and inputs would be GREATLY appreciated, as i could do with a lot more ideas for both slaanesh and nurgle...  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Inenor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 am
army looks good, but wrong forum to get a 40k list looked at.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 am
Inenor
army looks good, but wrong forum to get a 40k list looked at.

i actually just used a link from the "Guilds" page, so i didnt actually know what sub it was. (see, i never use anything other than the chatterbox, 40k or P&M subforums)  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Inenor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:07 pm
fair enough  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:34 pm
2250 Skaven List - Untested

I haven't had much chance to play Fantasy lately, but I have most of the models necessary to run this list, wanted to get a review of it before I finalize things too much.

Lord slot
Grey Seer Thanquol and Boneripper - 450

Hero slots
Warlock Engineer - 165
Level 2 Wizard upgrade
Warpmusket
Warp-Energy Condenser
2 x Warpstone Tokens

Warlock Engineer - 165
Level 2 Wizard upgrade
Warpmusket
Doomrocket
Power Stone

Warlock Engineer - 165
Level 2 Wizard upgrade
Warpmusket
Warlock Optics
2 x Warpstone Tokens

Core slots
Clanrats x 20 - 180 (2 units, same setup)
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Attached Warpfire Thrower

Clanrats x 20 - 175
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Attached Poisoned Wind Mortar

Stormvermin x 20 - 220
Musician
Standard Bearer
Fangleader
Attached Doom-Flayer

Special
Warplock Jezzail Team x 9 - 190
Sharpshooter Team

Poison Wind Globadiers x 5 - 120
Bombadier
Attached Poisoned Wind Mortar

Rare
Doomwheel - 150

Warp Lightning Cannon - 90

All suggestions open, right now the models I'm lacking are the Doomwheel, 10 Stormvermin, and the attached Weapon Teams. In the meantime, I own a second Warp Lightning Cannon, which if I were to use in lieu of the Doomwheel, I was considering placing a Magic Standard on the Stormvermin unit and using the extra points elsewhere as needed.  

Xenephale Fairfeather

Devoted Defender

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:11 am
Ditch the muskets all over and add more clanrats, If you find it "expensive" to get more clanrats, look into unit-fillers, that's what I did and I think it works pretty nice myself. I would also change warpstone tookens into powerstones since you are allowed to have multiple, it's both cheaper and safer, no self-respecting skaven player would ever do anything that would harm himself (unless it's part of a greater plan), and never go below 25 in unit size... EVER! as soon as you lose one model with 20 men you get one less Ld, never good when being a skaven player.

Make one engineer into a non-mage and give him the doomrocket instead, or make him into a chieftain for bsb-purposes, it will help your horde stay put.

I wouldn't take champions in the clanrat units either since they're easy-bait for your enemies if you get into combat when it comes to challanges, only keep champions at hand (apart from stormvermins and plague monks, always use their champions!) when you have a fighting character in the unit, then the champion can pick the challanges and save the character from a certain death from a challange, plus it saves you some points for more clanrats.

I don't have much experience (if any) with the poisoned wind mortars, but they seem like a good choice, doomflayer seems like a clever addition to your stormvermins since it can give them more hits on enemy units, yet again I wouldn't use one personally since it'd mean that I need to get my stormvermins in combat, I rarely ever get i combat unless I have 1-2 units backing me up with a flank charge to negate the ranks of the enemy, hence I use a minimum of 5 units of 25 men strong on 750 points.

Many Jezzails = AWESOME! I love this unit, and a sharpshooter is always a good go, good for monster-hunting and such, I use mine to pop daemon heralds on discs.

Globadier is also a favourite unit of mine, never used them but in theory, but I never go below 8 with those either, and I'm not sure if I'd buy them a wind mortar since it could give me either more clanrats or slaves.

Doomwheel is neat, mine have saved me during many battles from monsters and more importantly chariots!

Warplightning Cannon is also one of the wonders of clan skryre, I like it yet I don't, first time I used one it misfired and twisted around to shoot against my chieftain with the big blast S10 misfire table, and he was the only one killed from it, 2nd time it barely did anything, and 3rd time it boomed the 2nd turn.

Overall I see that you do have a skryre theme over the whole army, but you still need more bodies, skaven does certainly not work without using atleast 4-5 blocks (using 8 myself on 1500+), unless you want to press your luck of course.

I would find it fun to play against this list... But not if there's 4 fully leveled wizards, magic does too much in Fantasy IMO.

Rant-mode off...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:02 am
This is the type of input I need, since my newest list is mostly experimental anyway. I can definitely see putting power stones instead of warpstone tokens on the Warlocks, but I still like having them all as casters, if only to supplant other armies that go magic heavy. Not only that, but the threat of a full load of skaven spells with all those dispel dice tend to cause people to throw that one or two extra dice into their magic to get it going, increasing that risk of a miscast.

I can definitely agree with adding more clanrats to the army, again this list was mostly just to get an idea where to aim the army to start off. I always take in a bit of input on the list setup before dropping the models onto the table. And I have plenty more clanrats to throw down as is.

As for the globadiers and the attached mortar, that was also an idea that generally went along with having more mortars on the table, as I hear they're actually quite good. But, if I were to ditch it for more globadiers or clanrats, would you suggest dropping down to one warpfire thrower in place of a second mortar, or keep two throwers and one mortar?

As for battle standard bearers, I've never really expected my rats to hold in hand to hand very well, just one of those things. I much prefer to decimate the enemy ranks as thoroughly as I can at range before they get into hand to hand to start with. Though if I did drop one of the Warlocks, I'm thinking I'd go for Tretch Craventail to give my army an added boost for flank charges.  

Xenephale Fairfeather

Devoted Defender

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Well, the only thing I can see as a viable change (apart from trying to get more points for clanrats) when it comes to weapon teams is switching the Doom-flayer into a ratling gun, people seriously overlook them nowdays.

You get no minus for long range or multiple shots, and you can shoot as much or more as a ranked unit and do even more damage! as long as I get 6+ shots I'm happy, sometimes the gambler inside me go even further...

Tretch sounds like a nice choice, I like him not because he's good (I find him being the worst character in the list), but his crazy rule which lets him leave a unit to get "help", full of character and I think I'll use him myself someday.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:03 pm
I have a few alterations I made to the list. I dropped the globadiers for now, and switched out a warpfire thrower for a second Mortar Team. I dropped the warpmuskets, gave each Engineer a Power Stone, and changed the Warlock Optics on the third one to Portents of Verminous Doom.

Each Clanrat unit is now 25 strong, and the Stormvermin unit has points to spare for either the Grand Banner of Clan Superiority or the Banner of Dripping Death, either one seeming like a viable option.

Instead of getting another low point unit of Clanrats, I opted to use the remaining points on 3 20-man units of Slaves, which left me with 17.5 points due to the half-point items. 10 of those points could go to either more slaves or giving a unit of slaves spears or slings. Given that excess, what would you do? I've tried shaving points elsewhere but it would alter my play style too much to do that.  

Xenephale Fairfeather

Devoted Defender

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 pm
slaves should use slings, sure they are not the best shooters, but if you face a large target within 9" they're quite potent.

Also if you got points left after that, give the slaves musicians, they do need it when attempting to rally after panic tests.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff