Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Arcane University_________-_________Guides and vending
Crazy gaian economy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:37 pm
Have you guys noticed that any items were much easier to get before and now every single item from the cash shop is at least 500k?

What do you think is the source of this problem? I think it's the real economy affecting this one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:05 pm
I agree somewhat.  

Kasai_Haigara

Devoted Guildsman

11,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Vanna1994

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:14 pm
Maybe, prices of everything are going up.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm
I remember a time that donation letters were 4k when they first came out. It was possible to get both items within a month for around 9k. Yeah, that's right. The steel ninja head band once cost about 5k. Of course, this was back when the marketplace was brand new.

I just think it's greed. People want more gold, so they jack up the prices. Nya.....

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

s11jande

Invisible Genius

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:40 am
Any place, digital, or real, that has a user run shopping center will have inflation, just like the economy. The same thing happened in neopets and maplestory.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:27 pm
I had logged into my account maybe once per year for the past 5 years just to play zOMG, never bothering to buy anything or do anything else, really. I would get bored and remember that I used to stay up all night playing, then jump on it again for an entire day, and be too busy later to remember.
I recently started logging on because I remembered all the cool events they did this time of year and I haven't missed a day in the past month or so. As soon as I bothered to check the marketplace and sell some old stuff I never used anymore, items I received for free from past events and a lot more items that I once bought for around 1,000 gold are now worth millions to billions of gold because they are no longer available.
I looked at other items in the cash shop to see how much I could buy with the $20 I had recently put on my account, and it turned out to be like... 4-5 alright items, not even the really really cool ones that I wanted (I could have gotten them, but I would have only had 2 new toys to play with instead of 4-5).
I totally agree that the new real-world economy is messing with the online gameplay. I didn't even know there was a sales tax that had to be paid to the marketplace every time you sell an item... like... I'm selling this for gold which you can earn in-game... why are you taking this from me? I've lost out on billions of gold because of this and I get that it's a real-life lesson about vendors and such, but still...

I play games to escape real life, not learn about it.  

x-xblackened-romancex-x

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:11 am
Frankly I'm overall flabbergasted at how much the inflation have risen over the course of the two years of not being really active due to school related and personal related issues. So far I'm just sobbing at the prices for the rare items I wanted that are even more further out of reach. xD;

Also, I think the amount of cash items now is a bit excessive for my taste. There's like a sale every week now that its slowly turning into something close to the fashion industry. Instead of having four runway shows a year for each season, there's now 140 micro-seasons based around fast fashion. If this keeps up the quality of items will start to suffer and really that's what's happening on Gaia right now IMO.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:32 am
Sakura_Moonlight2421
Frankly I'm overall flabbergasted at how much the inflation have risen over the course of the two years of not being really active due to school related and personal related issues. So far I'm just sobbing at the prices for the rare items I wanted that are even more further out of reach. xD;

Also, I think the amount of cash items now is a bit excessive for my taste. There's like a sale every week now that its slowly turning into something close to the fashion industry. Instead of having four runway shows a year for each season, there's now 140 micro-seasons based around fast fashion. If this keeps up the quality of items will start to suffer and really that's what's happening on Gaia right now IMO.

I think the quality of the items is already downgrading. I mean. They have nothing more to make. All they're making right now is recolors of the same old crap they made 10 years ago. Yes, the amount of cash items has already increased as well. The gaian community has ALL become cash based because even the rich people from 2004 have become unable to get anything from falling prices on their own things due to all the recolors. The thread was made years ago when things were just starting to get high in price... Now they're just ridiculously in the billions and I'm unable to satisfy in gold amounts for a contest. It really annoys me.  

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:55 am
XSK Ambrosia

:/ Yeah it really does take away from doing contests anymore since gold prices are through the roof up in here. My measly 300K is nothing but a drop in the bucket that is Gaia's economy. All of these recolors are starting to annoy me so much but at least some recolors are somewhat tasteful. I rather do enjoy the Rosmund's Revenge items.  
Arcane University_________-_________Guides and vending

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games