Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Evolution & Creation (4/6/06) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarrou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:58 pm
Well, that's it, folks. Go to it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:28 pm
Yeah, I think you need to stop being so rude and blocking people posting things about creation vs. evolution in the regular forum. You just cut off any opportunity for anyone to minister to a young person. As a minister I find this down right wrong. You don't even know the ramifications of your actions. I was hoping to hlep this person out and I can't. They had a question about how to handle a situation where they are a student believing in creation and they have a teacher who believes in evolution. This had nothing to do with the debate itself. Or didn't you read that part? I think you need to get off your power trip. I hope this young person doesn't get turned off to Christians because his hopes of finding a way to witness and survive as a Christian was blocked by you. Use a little more thought and heart before you act next time. You can kick me out of the guild for this, but I don't care. You acted in no way like a Christian by blocking that person.  

jamesthelittle

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:23 pm
Mister James, this forum was created with a valid reason. This reason is to allow those of us who wish to participate in debates to have our own separate place to do so. Having debates in the main forum is against the rules of LtFF.

Besides, it is spamming to create a new thread when another, perfectly acceptable thread already exists on the topic.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:46 am
why was there only reserved or somthing on the first page? question  

warhog93

Tarrou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:24 am
warhog93
why was there only reserved or somthing on the first page? question

It's a standard practice when you want to make sure that you have enough room to add additional information should it become necessary.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:46 pm
Evolution simply means 'to change'. Things will constantly change no matter what :  

Pandemasu

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:28 pm
Ri-san
Evolution simply means 'to change'. Things will constantly change no matter what :

I believe that the qustion is about macroevolution, which is close to (but not exactly) Darwin's theory of evolution (you know, primordial soup and that jazz)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:37 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
I believe that the qustion is about macroevolution, which is close to (but not exactly) Darwin's theory of evolution (you know, primordial soup and that jazz)

Firstly, there is no real difference between micro- and macroevolution. Secondly, both are distinct from abiogenesis (i.e. the question of where the first life forms came from) and have little bearing on any primordial oozes. Now if you want to talk about abiogenesis, that's fine: this thread's scope is pretty broad. But try not to mix your terminology.  

Tarrou

Seority

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:27 pm
here's what I think.
I belive that creation and evoloution are combined, or thats what I can say for others to understand me. if creation and evolution are together then all i really mean is the way God made it, but anyway. it would make much more sence if the creation of this universe along with evolution is how things became to be? mostly what it is, is that people should stop taking the bible so literly. no I really don't think that in 7 settings of 24 hours God made everything. but let me symbolize for you (im good at this for some reason ^_^)
7 days God the world - God did 7 different things
now first God made light or whatever, and then he made sky and stars whatever. now think about him doing all these things at once, step by step. now here's the biggy. on the 7th 'day' God rested. wouldn't we be living in that 7th day? he put all the peice together and is now just looking at how its running. so God didn't just now think up that thunderstorm, he set it a LONG time ago for it to happen right then and there.
is this making sence? it does to me. i dont believe that we came from monkeys because God made us seperate from the creatures of this earth right? we were the only things said to be made in his own image. infact, he told us that we were to rule this earth, meaning everything here from the trees to the birds is here for us, but im getting off topic.
so yeah, thats whay i have found out on my own, but i highly dought im the first one to think that.
if you have any comments please let me hear them. i would of never thought of this with out looking at others opinons. and like i said, if your going to delete this, ill find somewhere else to put it. thanks for letting me say this. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:50 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

beast of traal

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:37 pm
Tangled Up In Blue

Firstly, there is no real difference between micro- and macroevolution. Secondly, both are distinct from abiogenesis (i.e. the question of where the first life forms came from) and have little bearing on any primordial oozes. Now if you want to talk about abiogenesis, that's fine: this thread's scope is pretty broad. But try not to mix your terminology.

err.... woops.

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:14 am
Can someone do something about the ENTIRE first page baing reserved? That's just plain rude, to tell the truth. When someone looks at the post, they'll just have your inane ramblings without anyone else's perfectly valid viewpoints there  

grazdreg

Tarrou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:48 am
grazdreg
Can someone do something about the ENTIRE first page baing reserved? That's just plain rude, to tell the truth. When someone looks at the post, they'll just have your inane ramblings without anyone else's perfectly valid viewpoints there

Well, yes and no. To be honest, I have thought for some time that having all those spaces reserved looked a bit silly; but when I made the thread the vice-captain and I thought that it would be a good idea to do it just in case. I have deleted a number of those reserved posts, but for some reason it hasn't moved any other posts up to the first page. So what we've got now are fewer posts on that page, but they're all still reserved.
On a slightly different note, I will say that I find the characterization of the rules post as 'inane ramblings' to be somewhat off-putting. The vice-captain and I put a fair amount of time and effort into formulating those rules and to call them inane is, well, just rude.

I really do wish this thread could be about evolution and not the rules page. Shame, that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:48 am
Yeah, it is sad. Nobody has really came up with anything to say.
Well I guess I have a question so that this topic can go beyond 2 pages ^_^.

I wonder why I dont see many people believing in both religion and science. I see many who are for one or the other both not for both. I've seen a few topics else where that talk about.
I guess my question is if you know anybody else, besides me, that believe in both of them.

Seority

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces