Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yoshehiro

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:53 pm
Okay, this might sound really stupid but I need help! I’m also bad at wording things so if I miss something then ask…
So just to get it out of the way, I have arachnophobia. Not really bad, but I cant kill them and scream.
For the last couple of years I’ve been followed EVERYWHERE by spiders. If I stay in one place for a long time, a spider will pop out of nowhere. If I’m writing or playing on my computer, they crawl out from around me or hang down in front of the monitor! Its driving me crazy! Why are they following me? Is there anyway to make them stop?

I’m really tired of people telling my its just my imagination! Me and my sister did a test, I sat in a room (her bedroom where there aren’t any spiders) and one came out of nowhere! She quickly killed it, but called me many names that I wont get into... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:36 pm
Acording to most I have read and heard of aracnids. There is one spider every 3 feet, so it is posible they are just moving around to find a warmer place.  

jacard

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:42 am
Your home may also have an infestation. If that is the case, you may wish to contact an exterminator.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:40 am
I'm a horrible arachnophobe. I also tend to notice spiders all the time where other people simply don't - my guess is that because people like you and me and horrified by the things, our eyes are more activated to their presence.

I try to keep in mind that spiders are good luck and aren't interested in what I'm doing. They also keep other critters from infesting the house. Unfortunately it's hard to care about that when they skitter across my pillow at night. D=

I agree with Brass - pay attention to what kind of spider you keep seeing around your house. If it's something dangerous like a brown recluse, call an exterminator ASAP.  

Collowrath

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:25 am
I'm also afraid of spiders. I really think that that fear makes me notice them faster and more often. I see them all the time and my husband doesn't notice them until I point them out. I'm lucky because he always saves me from them, he'll catch them in a cup or on a piece of paper and take them outside. Of course that depends on what kind of spider they are as well.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:40 pm
All very good points. 3nodding
Mostly daddy-long-legs or .... well... orb spiders and swamp-spiders... crying huge nastys... xd though i have seen a few wood-spiders and black-widows around... I'm a magnet. confused
And my mom says just to ignore or kill them. cry big help... *sighs*
Oh well, now I'm just complaining.... thanks guys. 3nodding  

yoshehiro

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:59 pm
If you have black widows, you may also have brown widows and those are as dangerous if not more so because they can be hard to identify.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games