Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:09 pm
User Image

In the dusk of a surprisingly cold Spring day, Clea adjusted a pack of vegetables over her shoulder, along with a bundle of fresh herbs. Her streaked hair curled up around her shoulders; a bi-product of the rain that plagued the day. After a grueling day trip, the signs of ill health were beginning to show. She licked her dry lips, pushing tired paws over roots and through the same wooded path she'd been on many a time before.

Her mother had words for this, but she always tuned them out. One managed to stick. Courtship. What use was that now? Hesitantly, she broke through the hedge to the base of a massive tree and looked up. Somewhere in there was a male who was about to get a rude awakening. She just hoped he was still awake.

"Anyone home?" Clea called out as she pawed the trunk.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:59 pm
User Image
Candle wax dripped steadily onto the rough wood of an oval table as Pattin continued to pour over several scrolls of history. Quills laid scattered over his table and there were several ink splatters from where he had started to write, but had ended up stopping with a sigh. "So useless." He still couldn't find what he was looking for. If only his mother had told him before passing on.

More wax dripped, but Pattin didn't care - he was far too sleepy. Sleep actually sounded quite good to the cattaur. In fact...well he did end up dozing off. Only a faint disturbance or knock awoke him. Who was it at this time? Only a few knew about...oh! Was it her?

With a smile Pattin ran his hands through his sleep matted hair and moved down the natural stairs that circled the inside of his great tree home. "Yeah!" His hand bumped against the bark and a door opened. It was her! "Hello, Clea! I didn't expect...well no matter. Come on in before that rain starts pounding again." If only he had any idea of what was to come.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Clea instinctively smiled, her ears pricking up at the sight of him. She had to force the happiness away and replaced it with surly indifference. "I told you last week I would be here." Angling her load around, she managed to squeeze past him to take the lead on the stairs. Her hips swayed with natural grace, tail flipping up coyishly, leading him on as she disappeared around each bend.

Her heart leapt up into her throat. When would she tell him? By the time she made it to the kitchen so sit the vegetables down in her usual spot the room felt like an oven. Clea's body shook, and though she blamed it on fatigue, she knew what it was.

"I-I brought some herbs from Mom. And these are all the vegetables that I haven't been able to take to market, so your free to them." She moved to the doorway, only then taking a look around and pursing her lips. "I've interrupted you."

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:51 pm
"Has it already been a week? Amazing!" Pattin chuckled sheepishly as he closed the door behind Clea. His skin tingled at the rush of cool air that had sneaked inside after the other cattaur. Maybe he should set a fire? Though it wasn't really cold at all - just a bit chilly from the rain. So only if Clea needed one...talking of which she was already disappearing from view.

"Oh!" With a surprised step, Pattin rushed up the stairs after Clea. As he followed her, he kept his gaze up and studied the walls in order to behave himself. "Herbs and vegetables?" Pattin smiled and reached over to take the pack. "Thank you. I'll put them up now, why don't you have a seat?"

Placing the pack on a counter, the cattaur shrugged. "It's nothing, Clea. I was just pouring over some boring old documents. Really, the only thing you interrupted was a nap." He gave Clea a friendly grin as he turned around and placed a glass in front of her. "It takes time to boil some tea, but I had some lemonade on hand. I thought you might be thirsty." Though Pattin did look over the other cattaur closely. Was it just him or did something seem the matter with Clea today?

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:57 pm
Clea took his offer graciously. When she dipped to sit, she did so clumsily and knocked her knee against the table with a curse. Urggghhh, could today get any worse? The cattaur gingerly rubbed her sore joint while listening to him. "Nap indeed. I don't understand how you held out so long." She nodded to him and took a drink of the lemonade gratefully, flipping her hand out. "This is fine. I won't be staying long enough for tea."

Now came the moment where her toes curled. Slowly, she sat her glass back on the table with both hands cupping it. She took a deep breath, and looked him square in the eye. For the first time in her life, she wasn't sure what road to take and that vulnerability showed in her eyes.

"I'm pregnant."

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:07 pm
"Are you alright?" Pattin watched Clea with concern. He knew it wasn't like a serious injury, but that really had sounded painful. The cattaur ran a hand through his hair before blinking at Clea. "Oh, yeah. I guess I just lost track of the time...it took all my concentration to keep reading." His smile faltered as she clarified that she wasn't going to stay long. Something like disappointment coiled up in his gut, but Pattin forced a grin back on his face. "Ah, just a quick visit then?"

Of course. She was just bringing him herbs and such after all. Maybe she didn't even really want to be here after...things. Pattin really couldn't seem to tell. To distract himself from his whirling thoughts the cattaur reached over to pour himself a cup. Really he was doing just fine until he looked over and heard the news.

"What?" The glass tipped over spilling lemonade across the counter. "Did...are you - really? Wow." He forgot the lemonade and sunk down across from Clea. Amazement shone in his eyes and he reached across to touch her hands. He didn't doubt her - he knew that he must be the only man that had...so they were...his? Clea was having his children?

Somehow he wasn't really afraid of the news - not for himself anyway. But what about Clea? Pattin's green eyes darkened with worry as he looked across to the female cattaur and gripped her hands. Did she want them?

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:54 pm
"Yes really," she pouted irritably. "It's not that amazing. After what we did, this is only natural." Clea looked down at where his hands touched hers...then pulled them away, slipping them under the table. She turned her head every which way to avoid looking at him directly.

Her little ears flipped back nervously. What now? Whether she liked it or not, she was now permanently tied to Pattin. It wasn't fair! She wasn't even sure yet if she liked him as a friend or not. "This isn't fair...." She grumbled allowed, clenching her body. "This isn't fair...You're not fair." Now, she turned up and growled. "You're the one who did this to me. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be in this mess!"

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:26 pm
"But...it doesn't always end up with pregnancy." Whispered Pattin softly as he shook his head. Now he really wished it hadn't. His hands pulled back and the cattaur repressed a sigh at Clea's reaction. So she didn't find the news happy - great, she probably hated him."Oh...I'm sorry, Clea. I didn't mean to...I mean - who would've thought? I know that you probably won't forgive me, but...I'm really sorry."

So she didn't want them - let alone want to have anything to do with him it seemed. Pattin's heart sank. Was he really that horrible a choice? The cattaur shook his head. Though...maybe he could prove her wrong. "Clea." Pattin stood up and smacked the table with a grin, "I've got it! I know how to make things work out - though we can't take what has happened away, I know." His voice softened to a light purr as he tried his best to catch her gaze. Compassion and hope lit up the male's eyes as he continued, "Give me a chance, Clea. Please."

"Come live here during your pregnancy hidden by the forest itself. If no one knows of your condition yet, it won't spread and you can just say you've gone on a trip to explain your absence." He paused and swallowed, "You can decide during that time - what you want to do. If you don't wish to be even near me after the babies are born you may leave at anytime. I'll gladly take care of the children for you or you can even say that they've been adopted." He knew after all how important virtue was to many of the families of the forest. This way no one could find their mistake easily. Pattin had decided to take care of Clea after all - and her happiness was important to him, even if it meant she would only be happy without him. No matter how much it hurt him to do it - to let her, them go.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:43 pm
Sorry? Sorry didn't cut it. She felt humiliated and angry, though mostly disappointed. Wasn't he happy, at least a little bit? Then again, how could he be? Clea's mood dropped from pissy to intensive.

A shriek ripped out when he slapped the table as she involuntarily jumped up. "Don't do that!" She growled, snarling as she settled back. Her fangs didn't stay bared for long, replaced by a disbelieving look. "You want me to live here? You and me? Together?" Clea was dumbstruck. She wasn't sure how to respond. The dark green cattauress stood to pace the length of the room, head downcast at the floor as she thought. "I would be stuck here until their born, but your free to come and go as you please. My crops would die, my house would decay and my family would-" That stopped her. It pained her to think about it, but in truth, everyone was so busy with their own children that they had little time to worry about an adopted brat.

She swallowed her tongue and nodded. "I'll stay, for now."

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:54 pm
"Sorry!" Pattin whispered as he removed his hands from the table and crossed his arms. "Yes. Why not? I have no problem with you moving in." He nodded, "I'd actually be happy to have you." He fought the urge to pace as well as he watched Clea.

Listening to her made him frown. She had a point. What about her own home? Could he really even suggest this to her? But the idea had seemed like a good one at the time, and he really had been hoping that she would - wait a second. "You - you will?" Pattin smiled, "Great!"

He nodded, "And it's not like you'll be stuck here from today on. It'll take some time to start showing - that's when we should worry about things. But I promise I can go check on your crops and house." If not him he could send out someone to take care of Clea's home. His tail waved in excitement, so many things to set up! That spare bedroom, bringing in Clea's belongings, and so much! Getting a room ready for the kids- the kids! Pattin had to sit back down at the thought. It was finally sinking in that...they were having children.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:22 pm
Clea visibly relaxed. The thought of imprisonment, no matter the form, had her legs burning. "I'll take care of them until I begin to show, then I'll come here." There was so much to do! She snatched up the empty sacks from the kitchen, began folding them while she thought.

They needed to talk about these things now to avoid a fight later on, but she was reluctant. A relationship was out of the question, however, if he verbally rejected it it would bring her into that same funk as she'd been when that male ran off with his woman.

....What would it be like if these were his cubs? Would it be the same, different? Surely she would have already been mated by then, not preparing for an isolation.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:47 am
"Alright." Pattin nodded as he began to wipe up the mess he had made on the counter. Pausing in mid-swipe he looked over at Clea, "You know...I'm always here, if you need me before then. I can help."

Pattin felt awful. Why had this happened? He knew that Clea probably never felt anything besides a faint friendship for him - no matter how much he may hope otherwise some days. His gaze darted around to Clea. What was she thinking of now? Was it of that other cattaur, the one who still held a shadow over Clea's heart? Maybe...just maybe. One day Pattin would try take that place and heal the pieces. Even if not he wouldn't go down without a fight.

Putting down the rag, Pattin looked over at Clea. "Are you going home already?"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:04 pm
Clea wrapped her arms around her torso, charcoal skin rubbing against the smooth cotton of her top. She was so torn. Inside her heart she wished he would just stop talking. Every word was like a dagger because she wanted to hear them so badly, but then, knew he would only leave someday when her usefulness was over.

She knew the sun was starting to set, but suddenly the room was suffocating. "Yes. I'll contact you later, soon. See you soon." She looked around nervously and booked it to the stairs. Clea couldn't leave the tree house fast enough. The vines that grew around her paws since birth turned brittle yellow because of the poisin floating in her heart.

The dusk settled in around her, closing in on her hearted markings as she looked back up a last time, unsure of whether she would be back, despite her promise.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:23 am
"Alright." Pattin watched silently as Clea left his house. The only other communication he gave Clea was when he thought that she looked back he waved. When she was out of sight the cattaur smacked himself, "Why didn't I speak up? I could've at least walked her home." He sighed, "Yup, Pattin it's official you're an idiot."

Closing the door quietly behind him the cattaur sulked up the steps. Now was the hard part. Waiting to see if she really would come back. It would be tough, but he would do it. "She does need time to think after all." He whispered as he looked out across a tree limb and watched the darkness of night settle in.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:44 am
And it was time she took well. Clea kept herself closed off from the world for weeks as she finished up what needed to be done at home before her sentence was due. The only time marker she had was the ever expanding growth that was her stomach.

The summer heat made her groggy and irritable. Clea stumbled around her tiny home, tossing random brick-a-brack into bags while munching on a piece of fruit. "Why is it so hot?" She whined, then yowled when she hit her table. And not for the first time. "Stupid, ignorant, damnable piece of-!"

What started as a rant ended in a screaming match with her throwing most of her things at the opposite wall. Only when she was so tired she had to sit did she stop. Clea wracked a shaky hand through her hair, and lowed her face to her hands. Her babies were kicking like mad. "This...This is...argh."

Cein Isles

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff