[PRV] Back in my day! (Ikenna & Remie) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:34 am
The day was young, but that much could not be said for Ikenna. Elderly, wise at times, but mostly age had made him somewhat senile. Most of his days were now spent sunbathing or hunting small game. Something to keep him active.

He always told the cubs that you never want to go soft. It meant that you were not a hard worker and the great one frowned upon laziness. It was, for the most part, effective in getting them to do things around the pride.

However, today there were no youngsters to bark at or young ladies to correct in their posture. Ikenna was left to sunbathe on his own and wait for his totem to return. Though most of the pride was convinced that the little critter was already dead. At this point he was always secretly waiting.

His tail flopped lazily behind him on the rock as he gazed out over the En Gedi lands.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:42 am
When he wasn't patrolling, Remy often found himself just... Wandering. It wasn't that he did much fighting, nor really had much opportunity to do so. Really, it was more that he was bored out of his mind. Hunting wasn't really his forte, though he did bring down enough to keep form up.

Today, the rust-orange lion padded towards the favored sunbathing area, well-light with some shade if one wanted to get out of the sun but not move too far. He spotted the older lion, going over and flopping on a rock near him. "Still waiting for your totem to come home?" As if on cue, Kebi landed on Remy, letting out a soft coo. The lion flicked his ear, making the bird move to his shoulder.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:57 am
Ikenna lifted his chin from the rock than turned to give Remey 'the look'. "I will be waiting until you seem him right here with me." He snapped.

It was a sore spot and he was well aware of what the others thought. Luckily he wasn't spiteful of others and their totems, in fact he always encouraged good treatment of the pact totems.

Remy was lucky that the question had distracted Ikenna, for the moment, from asking what he was doing not hunting or patrolling.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:00 am
The younger lion regarded the older, admiring his dedication. "He's out there somewhere..." Rust-brown eyes turned to the sky, watching it. Somewhere, another bird was flying around. Kebi let out a coo, feathers fluffing up as she watched the sky as well. The bird was less talkative without her mate. Remy let out a sigh, stretching a bit. "Maybe he'll come home riding on Miryam's back..." He missed his daughter, his only offspring. To not have her near him, worried him. What might happen to his little girl? Was she okay? Was she hurt? What if somebody did something unsavory to her?  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:11 am
Ikenna's harsh look softened when Miryam was mentioned. They were somewhat in the same boat. All his children were grown and moved on, one of which had died and only bore him one grand son, Squall. (*He thinks he did. Ikenna has no idea Squall was adopted) The others he was unsure what had happened to them or how many children he had. He was past the point of worrying too much.

"Perhaps." He huffed. "Than I'll have to give them a talkin' to about running off."

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 am
Remy let out a chuckle, smiling partly to himself. "That'll be some talk with Myriam! When she was a cub, she told me she wanted to grow up to be a warrior! I think she wants to make up for the fact she's an only cub, with no brothers..." Not that he really wanted his daughter to be a warrior. She was a lioness, they were suited more to hunt and take care of cubs!

He flicked his ears, thinking to himself for a moment. "Some of the pride got lost in the move, didn't they?" He knew Kingu was worried about his missing sibblings... His brothers and sister were out there somewhere, and possibly his parents and aunt and uncle. The paler lion's family had been like a family of his own, taking him in when his own parents were killed. "I hope they find their way here..."

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:45 am
Ikenna's nostrils flared at the notion of a lioness wanting to be a warrior. That was certainly unheard of! They had no place doing that... it was unnatural. "A long talk indeed." He snorted. "warrior my tail."

His tail thumped on the ground than shook his mane.

"They did... No doubt the great spirit had something for them to do... or test us. Great spirit does that...."

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 am
The other lion made a bit of a sour face. "I'll say... Why can't she be a hunter, or a cubsitter, like the other lionesses...?" On his shoulder, Kebi fluffed up before perching on his head. Remy looked up at her, chuckling. "Protective mothers are different from females that willingly go out to fight in non-dire situations, Kebi..."

His gaze returned to Ikenna, his own tail twitching. "Maybe they'll all come home in a group... Maybe with new faces..." It was an interesting prospect, whether those new faces were adults, cubs, or otherwise. It would certainly be good for the pride!

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:59 am
"Back in my day, no lioness thought it was a good idea to go out an fight like a warrior. They all knew they had to hunt to stay in shape than come back and raise the cubs. Fighten' made their cubs come out all strange... most of the time they didn't even come out at all. Probably embarrassed." Ikenna nodded his head. "Not sayin' a woman can't fight, they can scratch the hell outta anything. But they should know where to put that fight. Into gettin' food and raising a cub right."

Remy's second statement he didn't have to think for long about an answer. His only pause was to get a breather from his lecture. "If the great one wills it they will..."

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:53 am
Remy grinned wryly. "When she finds her way home, I'm having her sit down for this discussion... I'd rather not have backwards grandchildren... My grandsons might come out thin as a branch with no mane to speak of, and their sisters clobbering boys to drag home instead of being wooed like they should! Or worse... Be led astray and come home with litters from different males every time!" He shifted, brushing a bit of dust from the rock. "Kingu mentioned, back in the old lands... How when he was out and about, he saw blue and green lions..." Remiel made a face. "Imagine if Myriam came home with a purple or pink cub!"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:57 pm
Ikenna grumbled something under his breath than snorted. Pink and purple cubs? An abomination. "Thin as a sickly grazer." He cleared his throat and shook his head again.

"It is un-lionly and unheard of. Why in the great one's green and tan earth would anyone want a colored cub. Blue lions can't hide in anywhere but the deep blue waters. Preposterous! Lions don't spend all day in the water. And pink lions? balderdash!"

His head held high as he shifted his posture so he was now leaning on his side. "It would be in your best interest to have a long talk about the order of things with her... A good father's responsibility it is. Why I'ssac (Ikenna's deceased son) was always down for a good talkin' to, and he always listened. Raised his cubs right... They knew their places."

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:08 pm
"A pink lion would certainly stick out... Though admittedly, if it was the offspring of a god, that might be understandable. But that would mean a girl is being unfaithful." He'd sooner have his daughter with a solid mate and plenty of normal, brown, gold, and other dust and dirt colored cubs over a pink, green, purple, and bright blue god-sired cub with no father around. "I'm afraid she's never been quite the same since her mother died, though... As if she can change the past or future by being a fighter instead of a caretaker..."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:19 pm
"hmn... tragic." Ikenna grumbled. The thought of breeding with a god was none the better. Regular lions shouldn't partake in the pleasures of gods at leisure. Especially if it was not to be life matted.

"A cub needs both parents to grow up properly... tragic when one dies. Why, when I'ssac's woman passed he was left to raise his last cub on his own... Than I'ssac past and I had to raise the little cub. Luckily it was a male and not female. Don't know how I could have raised a lady other than by the great one's grace." Even though the cub took off to only gods know where when he was old enough to leave Ikenna felt he did a good job raising the little one.

"Perhaps find yourself a new lioness to help teach her the right way."

It was not an uncommon practice to take on a new mate once one has died. It was encouraged especially when cubs were still involved. In his mind anyways. Ikenna's own mate didn't pass until all their cubs were already of age...

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:00 pm
"Perhaps..." Remy sighed, staring out at the horizon. After a moment, he got up, starting towards it. Jumping to a rock with a better view, he squinted his eyes. Was he imagining? He looked back at the older lion. "Whatever the Gods decide... I think our pride may be about to grow a bit." His ears were perked as he grinned, then looked out to the horizon. There was no mistaking... He could see something coming, and it wasn't prey beasts.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

GunSniper

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 pm
Ikenna's ears perked forward when Remy moved to get a better look at something. He squinted, part of him was quite anxious that it might be his totem.

"Hmn? Eh..." He groaned as he got to his feet. Couldn't see what the 'youngin' was talking about from where he was.

Each leap time he left to another rock he made a quiet grunt, than a sigh as he walked beside Remy.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff