Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 pm
A controversial question really. Is war a good thing or a bad thing? Please elaborate (explain) why you think that way.

(Teachers would love this type of a question for essays, but this isn't getting graded, so you can relax. Plus if you wanted to copy your answer later you could then submit it to the teachers and they can be wowed then.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:53 pm
War is a subject of debate wether it is good or bad. Wars have been fought to protect the inocent but wars have also been fought to destroy the week. War has never been so blurry as when it came down to the Great War.

As two sides (Allies and the Central powers) gained strength so did their caution with each other. After an assasitnation all nations joined against eachother just for the sake of money and power. This ended with countries such as Germany being left in a great depression. Looking for an outlet Germany began to take over many countries after France sucked them dry of money. Before long we were all familiar with the haulacuast. However, what most are not aware of was the Russia was killing thousands while America set up concentration camps to hold any japanesse.

When it comes down to it war is not good or bad, it is in that gray area the eye has trouble seeing. We need the military to protect our civilians, but when one weilds such power it is ussually missused. in the end the only thing that is true is "When the rich wage war, it is the poor who die."

Read "All Quiet on the Western Front" it is a German soldiers point of veiw during the Great War.  

Fireblaze87x

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:29 pm
Very interesting point of view. Personally, I too see war as being both good and bad.

It is bad when people wage war for money, power, or pleasure. As was the case for most of todays wars.

Religious wars are the worst because often it deals with the middle east thinking that they have the power of the Creator on their side. The Creator to put it bluntly is the figure who has ALL THE POWER. Have Him on your side, and what is supposed to happen is peace not war. But humans are generally too arrogant to see that and they like to brag, which isn't cool at all.

Money wars are generally started because some country has more money than another. Also not cool and more... babyish than anything.

Pleasure wars are more commonly known as Mafia Wars for these kinds of wars often start when some bad corrupted dude has money and power, and thinks it is cool to kill just for the halibut. Like the previous post said... this is more the type who think that every one is scum and the ones who join the "mafia" are good and are worthy of being saved.

War is only good when there are people who are willing to protect people who want to do the bad things. For example, good warriors will kill those Mafia war jerks to shut their mouths for good.

A good warrior never kills for money, pleasure, or power. They kill to bring peace. They rid others of suffering. Some in the medical community could use some good warriors when there is nothing more that doctors can do to save a certain patient they have. So, to relieve the patient of their suffering, the good warrior would kill the patient, and the patient would also agree to this. It would be a consented thing. There are a few people who wish to be put out of their misery, which I think this is where warriors can be put to good use.

So far on earth, there has been no real good warrior as of yet.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:54 pm
Are you kidding we have many good warriors who only fight it what they believe will bring peace. In the end we have had no real good generals, most of the "grunts" are good. Most are even what you would call inocent to what the true meaning of the war they fight is really for. They believe it is for peace and protection and for that i say they fight for the right reason but the wrong side.  

Fireblaze87x

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:09 pm
Sorry to burst your bubble... but army men don't count. Army men are no better than Mafia soldiers. Seriously.

I am talking more like those superheroes you see on tv like Superman and Astro Boy.

A more realistic "good warrior" I know, whom I am married to in "the Renaissance Galaxy" is Terry Bogard.

When Terry was a boy, a Mafia boss named Geese Howard killed Terry's uncle for pleasure. Geese also killed Terry's first girlfriend named Lily, and Terry's martial arts instructor. Geese had enslaved the Police Department of South-Town to boot!

Geese is a Mafia boss. Kills for pleasure not peace.

The army fighting the middle east right now... that's more like a religious war. The Middle east basically says, "The Creator is on our side so we can do whatever we want with our resources He gave us."

They are no better than the common bully. Even when they destroyed the twin towers in New York. Same thing.

The USA is just retaliating by saying, "Nuh-uh, we have the Creator on our side and we say what you are doing is wrong."

See? Religious war.

Man, that sounded funny to me... but if you think about it, that's the point of that.

What would make that thing into a good war would be something what game characters Ryu Hoshi and Ken Masters did. They got in the middle and said, "Stop being such pathetic little babies! Both of you have the Creator on your sides and if we were listening to the Creator, He'd say share, but be fair about it. None of this running into buildings because you can't see. In defense of the Middle East, maybe build the buildings less tall so we can move through the air."  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:21 pm
Well in realism the war now is a mafia war meeting a religious war where the Taliban want to destroy the infidels for worshipping the wrongs gods even though in reality we as christians and jews worship the same god

The US used the intitial assualt to create a mafia war for oil under the ban of peace and liberty.

Please...the grunt soldiers do count...many of my friends went over and some didn't come back. One was utterly convinced he was doing this to back a brighter tomorrow for his kid. In reality now his kid will grow up without his father emo Touchy subject but like i said it is the rich who wage the war but it is the inocent poor who die.  

Fireblaze87x

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:42 pm
That type of war where rich fight and the poor don't is bad. Its the second type of bad war mentioned. Fighting for the money involved.

If people weren't getting paid to fight, there would be no army.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:59 pm
And yet we wouldn't know for sure. People will fight for the paper in their wallet, of course it is how they can support their family. Without that paper their family may starve, unfortunately money has made its way into just about everything. If you put it that way then we should get rid of all money. Live happily like communists...then a leader will arise and turn the communism into a dictatorship under the banner of communism (points to all the "communist" countries) and a new form of currency will be made eventually. Many see that paper as evil but i see it as order. Talk to a couple of army dogs, i'm not saying all (i'm sure some are sick guys who enjoy the fight) but some will say they do this to protect their family. If you bring up the fact that they get paid, its a simple as saying it puts bread on the table so the ones he is protecting will be able to eat tonight.  

Fireblaze87x

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:03 pm
And yet, there is always the risk of the dude not even returning home.

Hey, I am not saying that all war is bad, but still there is a lot of bad wars.

Now perhaps the one against the Middle East right now isn't 100 percent bad, but I would rate it a 60 percent bad and 40 percent good. 60 percent bad because its about an issue that babies usually fight over.

Who gets the matching pony idea. Or... who has the right to this source?

The point is... the Middle East is wrong by saying they should have all the fuel because that fuel is needed everywhere. I suppose in a way they are trying to protect the planet by allowing some of the resources to build again and to kinda say..."What is wrong with using animals such as horses for traveling within a country?"

That would be a good thing to why the Middle East wants to stop the trading of fuel.

Nobody these days look to the positive of it. People are so reliant on their automobiles, and pollution producing products that they forget what it is like to go the natural way. Walking or riding a bike.

I suppose, what is hilarious about this war is that the statement made on the movie, "Over the hedge" where the Raccoon named RJ said, that the SUV is responsible for humans slowly losing their ability to walk.

He meant because there are cars these days, people never walk anymore, they would rather just... well, you get my point.

Agreed, that the Middle East should get some punishment for destroying the towers in New York for many innocent lives were lost in that.

But the scale that this issue went, was it went too far and now... it might be where there is the "end of the world" thanks to the war between the US and the Middle East.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm
I agree with most but I do not see where the middle east comes into play for the twin towers falling. Most of the plot (including the training) was taking place on US soil. We can not blame many countries for one groups actions.

Personally its time to wipe our tears and get over it. America has been through worse, and came out standing without a limp but suddenly this happens and we can not rebuild. It is disgraceful that people would protest the new building but still support such a war. We just can't point a fingure at anyone but ourselves for such a tragedy.

We knew who the attackers were, we knew what they were going to do but because of our own disorganization to investigating beurues fought over whos case it was and let them walk in. One of the Hijackers lived only a couple of blocks away from FBI headquarters.

Look at it this way, we are the only country that allows Nazi groups to form. If they got their hands on a gun or plane i don't have a doubt in my mind they would do something similar. So are we to blame for their actions. Should the EU and UN invade our country for it. According to our actions they should.  

Fireblaze87x

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Now there is a decent point right there! Bravo!

You see, sometimes the best way to prove that you have Divine Powers on your side is to place blame where it belongs. Many countries have their own faults.

The Middle East has a major Religious problem.
The United States...varies per state.
Canada ... we have a government problem.
Japan - over populated

See? We can pinpoint some major problems, and yet... if everyone focused on those problems to solve them within their own lands somehow, then this world would be a bit better than it is.

It still won't be perfect, but it would be better.

Like I said in one of my earlier posts... if humans are indeed losing their abilities to walk due to the rapidly evolving technology, then we need to put the brakes on technology like cars and learn to get more exercise.

One interesting idea would be, "For one entire week, nobody in the entire world cannot use their cars or take the bus or use any motorized vehicle."

This would be to see if humans really can still deal with the old ways.

Hey, I am not saying stop using dishwashers and washing machines or refridgerators because they are a good piece of technology that is helpful.

The computer helps us locate what and where things are to be recreational outside. For those of us having Gym memberships... well, why not go work out, right? More of us should. (And I am not a health nut. I should also be heeding my own advice, so there!)

No airplanes either. I am sure we can find ways to travel without the usage of them. I mean... has anyone ever tried to befriend a whale large enough to carry a boat load of people across the sea? Something to think about right?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:13 pm
i mostly agree. I think carpooling should be done more often, some places are just to far to walk, even for people before cars. A bus isn't bad, if car drivers took a bus it could cut down on at least 20-30 cars on the road. Unfortunately planes are to important to just trash. They have made global travel possible. This was never before done because seas were to treacherous for boats. But other than that i got nothing to argue.

Might i say this has been a fun chat.  

Fireblaze87x

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:08 pm
It sure has. I think we gotta encourage another person's opinion though. Have you seen some of the newer threads I made?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:21 pm
to a point, i have been rping in one guild and helping resurect a dead guild so i have been busy, not saying i don't like this guild or nothing but the one i am rping in is one of my favorite things, and of course resurecting a guild takes effort. So forgive me if i seem...spacey  

Fireblaze87x

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:23 pm
That's okay, but have you even considered rping in my guild? Or are you a bit scared to?  
Get your game on

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff