Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Doreen Virtue? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukinoko87

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:49 pm
I know she's a bit more of a New Age author and I was wondering what people on her thought of her. I've picked up a few of her books and have enjoyed them greatly, I think they can be easily adapted to any path really and her Messages From Your Angels cards are just as helpful sometimes as my tarot cards (plus sometimes when you read you just need a nice gentle 'no, this probably wont work out'.) So have you guys read her books and what do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:33 am
Never heard of a Doreen Virtue. You sure you don't mean Doreen Valiente?

..... *pokes around online*

Ah, I see you don't. Never read any of her stuff. Valiente is supposed to be good, but I haven't managed to get time to read her stuff either.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:45 am
Virtue has a bit too much of an angels fetish for my liking. i'm curious as to what her various Angels decks are like, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:55 am
She makes me twitch. But then, anyone who treats factions of YHVH's will like cute and fluffy little guardians of humanity without concern for their actual place throughout historical religious documents makes me want to poke them in the eye with a stick.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:34 pm
TeaDidikai
She makes me twitch. But then, anyone who treats factions of YHVH's will like cute and fluffy little guardians of humanity without concern for their actual place throughout historical religious documents makes me want to poke them in the eye with a stick.
What she said. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:00 am
I should siggy that.  

TeaDidikai

AshenRaive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:20 am
I have one of her books: Healing with the Angels and the Divine or something like that. Anywho, when I first read it, I thought 'oh i picked out the WRONG book', but for some reason, when I read about Archangel Michael, it said to close your eyes and vision him behind you wrapping his arms around you. I went outside in the cold and decided to chant and vision him. Then, I freaked out. I felt my entire body become warm. And when that happened I was about to get up and I heard a man's voice say,"Don't be afraid of the divine." And from that day on, I believed in divination.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:36 pm
She's borderline fluffy in my book but there's something about her I kinda like.  

crystal_raye

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:52 pm
Wow... the idea of "summoning Michael" to that ends just furthers my point.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:03 pm
TeaDidikai

Aw, you don't want a fiery smiting hug of doom (and cuddles)?

I was gonna get you one for your Gaia anniversary. ::sniffs:: Now I've gotta start planning all over again.

As cute and comforting as Victorian ideas on angels are, you know, as fiction, I'm just a teensy little bit hesitant to let the smite-machine wrap *anything* around me. Eek. So I'm definitely in agreement here.  

Sivirs

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:25 am
Sivirs
TeaDidikai

Aw, you don't want a fiery smiting hug of doom (and cuddles)?

I was gonna get you one for your Gaia anniversary. ::sniffs:: Now I've gotta start planning all over again.

As cute and comforting as Victorian ideas on angels are, you know, as fiction, I'm just a teensy little bit hesitant to let the smite-machine wrap *anything* around me. Eek. So I'm definitely in agreement here.

Well- how about you give me an Angelic Pendant- that's kinda in the same lines right? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:11 pm
It's one thing to summon and archangel and know the history and religious documents behind it all, it's another thing to think it's actually going to work for just any ole fool even if it did work. I personally don't really believe in specific angels...

Although my friend won't shut up about her take on indigo and crystal children, which is making me think I should read the books even though my friend claims although her take on it is interesting its still fluffy-ish.  

-kissME-1

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:45 pm
Haven't read the books, but just the idea of 'angel cards' pisses me off. And the demotion of angels to fluffy beings of cutsey cuddles. I didn't know it had gone quite that far. But then, it's not too different from some eejit summoning a nice friendly Kali into their life to get some cute guy to fall in love with them. *sigh* everything seems a bit fluff-ified these days.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:46 am
missmagpie
Haven't read the books, but just the idea of 'angel cards' pisses me off. And the demotion of angels to fluffy beings of cutsey cuddles. I didn't know it had gone quite that far. But then, it's not too different from some eejit summoning a nice friendly Kali into their life to get some cute guy to fall in love with them. *sigh* everything seems a bit fluff-ified these days.
Now now... be fair. Angel Cards in and of themselves aren't evil- especially if you have Michael about ready to smite something/someone, Urial playing with a corpse etc...

~Cackles~ Kali for love?! Did.... did the person end up standing over their would be lover with his entrails strewn about the floor?  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:15 am
TeaDidikai
Now now... be fair. Angel Cards in and of themselves aren't evil- especially if you have Michael about ready to smite something/someone, Urial playing with a corpse etc...

~Cackles~ Kali for love?! Did.... did the person end up standing over their would be lover with his entrails strewn about the floor?

Lol. I don't want to know. But I'm sure it's been done. Sure, if all goddesses are one goddess, what difference does it make if you invoke Aphrodite or Kali? The result is supposed to be the same! *snigger*

And I'd agree - Angel cards might have some validity if they actually used proper symbolism. But considering they're made for mass sale to bunnies I highly doubt they'd picture Michael with a flaming sword raining down fire and brimstone on the people of Sodom or anything.
eek But Angels are beings of cute fluffy love and light!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff