Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Runecastings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:31 pm
In the interest of casting the runes more often, I'm offering up a free rune casting on the subject of your choice.

Post with a request and a short description of your situation/the problem and I'll see what I can read.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 am
Is it alright if we PM instead? Some people may have issues/problems they don't want out in the open air redface  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 pm
But how would other people learn something from this? razz

Question: Am I on the right road spirituality?

Is that a kind of question the runes could answer me? surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:39 pm
Shearaha
Is it alright if we PM instead? Some people may have issues/problems they don't want out in the open air redface

Sure. XD Though I would like to post an abbreviated runic response here, if that's ok. I plan to include pictures of the spread.

Molly Mollusca
But how would other people learn something from this? razz

Question: Am I on the right road spirituality?

Is that a kind of question the runes could answer me? surprised

*waggles her fingers in a mystical manner* The runes can answer all sorts of questions.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ignore the carpet; I need to vacuum. ninja

Thus was a very interesting casting. It seems like your religion is one of the triple ones, as there were three "legs" coming out of the center. Two are well-formed and direct, and also with the same curve. One is much more diffuse - making a ring instead of a leg.

The energy is flowing outward down the rightmost limb, through uruz - which is a rune for harnessed primal energy - and tiwaz - which is a rune for static, harsh justice. My guess is that's your heavy lifting, moral section of your religious life, which has an outward focus and is pretty direct and organized. It leaves from the center through Eihwaz, which is a rune for the World tree and probably describes the quality of your religious justice - well oriented to the world you live in.

I'm not sure about the energy of the leftmostmost limb, but given it ends in Thurisaz, it's most likely outward. It moves, therefore, from Sowilo (hot, sun energy and the movement of a day) through Othila (family wealth, possessions, and roots), through Nauthiz (constraint, frost, need, suffering) to Thurisaz (thorn, giant, strong force outward, primal energies, the uncontrolled). It points to your family roots and possessions in a religious context being recent and containing a lot of pain and primal forces (perhaps leaping backwards to an older tradition?). I'd call this limb your ancestor limb or possession limb (in Norse cosmology, your ancestors and the possessions you inherit from them are in concert). A lot of the ice of Nauthiz should be melted by Sowilo as you bring in your family and the primal possessions (reversing the energy outward - are you pushing away your family/ancestors/inheritance?), though - and since Eihwaz and Ehwaz are there in the middle as well I'd say it's safe for you to do so.

Moving downward, you have an interesting combination of Sowilo (sun and it's movements/warmth) and Dagaz (day) into the ring that makes up the third limb. Ehwaz (elk, protection, strength) is there as well, in relationship with Eihwaz. In between all of this strength at the core of you, though, there is Kenaz - disease, or ulcer or torch. This seems to indicate that there is a blockage between you and the third limb of your life/religion. It seems to be a this-life, internal to your self thing, like diseases are different from roadblocks. This may explain why the third limb is so diffuse, since you aren't really utilizing it.

A lot of good is locked up there, though. Perthro is a rune of chance and enjoyment, Raidho is a rune of movement and travel and courage, Wunjo is a rune of joy and pleasure. Jera, the rune farthest out - indicates a year. This might be an indication of when all of this joy and movement and pleasure and chance became locked up, or when it might be released into your life - I'm not sure.

Examining the runes hidden under Kenaz for a solution to this blockage, we find Berkano and Gebo. Berkano is a rune of female fertility and birth and also the birch tree; Gebo is the rune of gift and generosity. I'd say the solution to the Kenaz wound is to embrace a nurturing female who will then gift the solution to you - this may be a part of yourself you need to embrace. Right now she is not awake in your life, though; she is surpressed by the pain. Struggle will be necessary to bring out the proper energy and regain what is yours.

Hopefully this helps. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:24 pm
Deoridhe
Thus was a very interesting casting. It seems like your religion is one of the triple ones, as there were three "legs" coming out of the center. Two are well-formed and direct, and also with the same curve. One is much more diffuse - making a ring instead of a leg.
Amazing... I'm looking into Hekate at the moment.

Deoridhe
The energy is flowing outward down the rightmost limb, through uruz - which is a rune for harnessed primal energy - and tiwaz - which is a rune for static, harsh justice. My guess is that's your heavy lifting, moral section of your religious life, which has an outward focus and is pretty direct and organized. It leaves from the center through Eihwaz, which is a rune for the World tree and probably describes the quality of your religious justice - well oriented to the world you live in.
Not sure where to place this moral judging at the moment...Although it is true that I'm trying to find my own strength, like making things, gardening, working with plants and such and trying to incorporate that into a witchy practice. That is probably not what you are talking about. But I cannot put my finger on it at the moment.

Deoridhe
I'm not sure about the energy of the leftmostmost limb, but given it ends in Thurisaz, it's most likely outward. It moves, therefore, from Sowilo (hot, sun energy and the movement of a day) through Othila (family wealth, possessions, and roots), through Nauthiz (constraint, frost, need, suffering) to Thurisaz (thorn, giant, strong force outward, primal energies, the uncontrolled). It points to your family roots and possessions in a religious context being recent and containing a lot of pain and primal forces (perhaps leaping backwards to an older tradition?). I'd call this limb your ancestor limb or possession limb (in Norse cosmology, your ancestors and the possessions you inherit from them are in concert). A lot of the ice of Nauthiz should be melted by Sowilo as you bring in your family and the primal possessions (reversing the energy outward - are you pushing away your family/ancestors/inheritance?), though - and since Eihwaz and Ehwaz are there in the middle as well I'd say it's safe for you to do so.
I recently said goodbye to a group ,and therefore also to the tradition they came from, since I think it is highly unlikely I will find another group in that tradition with whom I will be a proper fit. So yes, I am pushing away that heritage. The goodbye was weird, since it entailed just what Thurisaz embodies. I tried really hard, but I was opposed, and fell short. The break up was not painful though. Actually the opposite. Maybe it links back to leaping to the older tradition, since Hekate is pretty old and pretty primal. XD

Deoridhe
Moving downward, you have an interesting combination of Sowilo (sun and it's movements/warmth) and Dagaz (day) into the ring that makes up the third limb. Ehwaz (elk, protection, strength) is there as well, in relationship with Eihwaz. In between all of this strength at the core of you, though, there is Kenaz - disease, or ulcer or torch. This seems to indicate that there is a blockage between you and the third limb of your life/religion. It seems to be a this-life, internal to your self thing, like diseases are different from roadblocks. This may explain why the third limb is so diffuse, since you aren't really utilizing it.
I don't know what a This-life is or a self-thing, but you might be speaking about my handicap. It really worries me sometimes that I might not be able to walk that path I long to walk, because I cannot walk properly.

Deoridhe
A lot of good is locked up there, though. Perthro is a rune of chance and enjoyment, Raidho is a rune of movement and travel and courage, Wunjo is a rune of joy and pleasure. Jera, the rune farthest out - indicates a year. This might be an indication of when all of this joy and movement and pleasure and chance became locked up, or when it might be released into your life - I'm not sure.
Travel is really un-enjoyable for me, because it is a really hard thing to do. And without being able to travel I find myself housebound a lot of the time.Meeting other people, going to classes or going to groups is really hard that way. I can see that in a year it might improve, since I am working towards saving for my drivers license and hopefully consequently getting it. Being able to drive would clear most of the travel problem up. So I hope that would be the case here.

Deoridhe
Examining the runes hidden under Kenaz for a solution to this blockage, we find Berkano and Gebo. Berkano is a rune of female fertility and birth and also the birch tree; Gebo is the rune of gift and generosity. I'd say the solution to the Kenaz wound is to embrace a nurturing female who will then gift the solution to you - this may be a part of yourself you need to embrace. Right now she is not awake in your life, though; she is surpressed by the pain. Struggle will be necessary to bring out the proper energy and regain what is yours.
Ah... My mother will gift a course in driving to me so I can drive to place and get out of the house. Maybe it just hints at the "Hey, just ask for help." thing I'm sometimes still struggling with.

Deoridhe
Hopefully this helps. 3nodding
It does. Thank you so much! heart  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:39 pm
Molly Mollusca
I don't know what a This-life is or a self-thing, but you might be speaking about my handicap. It really worries me sometimes that I might not be able to walk that path I long to walk, because I cannot walk properly.

What I mean is that Kenaz points tot he problem being inherent to you, but a handicap doesn't quite fit since this is a healable injury - like an ulcer or a disease. Handicaps are more barriers which shape how we do things.

Molly Mollusca
It does. Thank you so much! heart

You're very welcome.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:01 pm
Then I don't know what the runes are revering at. My handicap might not be heal-able, but I might learn better how to deal with it limitations. I shall have to think more about it, then.  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:30 pm
Molly Mollusca
Then I don't know what the runes are revering at. My handicap might not be heal-able, but I might learn better how to deal with it limitations. I shall have to think more about it, then.

No idea, sorry.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:30 pm
Ooh, I have a question:

What should happen next?

I don't know if that's too vague to work, even if I have a more specific idea of the question.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:14 am
Deoridhe
Shearaha

Sure. XD Though I would like to post an abbreviated runic response here, if that's ok. I plan to include pictures of the spread.

Oh, I understand that. I'll send you a PM shortly biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 am
I have a question, if you still have the need to answer:
At this point in my life, I have many who would advise me on the paths I should take. Whom/what should I listen to?  

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

patch99329

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:52 am
I have a question!

How do I get started with this new spiritual job?

I hope it's not too vague!  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:11 am
I don't have a specific question I'd like answered, but I do want to see you throw your runes all over the rug some more. So here's a completely non-specific question that probably won't require any interpretation: What pattern will the runes fall in if I ask for a casting? biggrin  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces