Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Which sword is better? *Check out the new poll guys!! :) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Sword Is Better? *Updated
  Buster Sword
  Gunblade
  Keyblade
  First Tsurugi
  Rapier
  Masamune
View Results

Ako si Shinobita

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:25 am
I have a question for you guys!
Which sword is better?
a. Buster Sword
b. Gunblade
c. Keyblade
d. First Tsurugi( the multiple swords Cloud used in FF7: AC)
e. Rapier ( Genesis' Sword in FFVII: Crisis Core
f. Masamune A.K.A Sephiroth's Sword

arrow If you have other sword suggestions for the poll, please let me know. Thanks! smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:19 am
hard choice.... its a close call between all of them... But, I would have to go with gunblade  

smileycentralme
Captain

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Alisu_in_WonderLand

Timid Loiterer

9,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • PvP 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:56 am
I'm going to be biased towards Angeal and Zack and Say Buster Sword. Despite neither of them actually using it properly =D

*Edit; Due to the new poll I changed my answer =D [Still biased though...] I voted Rapier, Gen's Rapier was kinda awesome, didn't look as much like a Rapier as normal ones do though, plus the use of Matria to enchant it was awesome too xD; ~Is a Genesis Fan~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:46 pm
how about F. Yuffie's Large Shuriken.
Screw the flashy weapons and pretty hair. Give me a giant big a** throwing weapon biggrin  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

Neo Bahamut 95

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:42 pm
I liked Cloud's Multi-sword. That thing was absolutely awesome  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:30 pm
Parth Makeo
how about F. Yuffie's Large Shuriken.
Screw the flashy weapons and pretty hair. Give me a giant big a** throwing weapon biggrin

i know it's cool but we're talkin about swords here. Next time i'll make a topic about other weapons used in Final Fantasy like the shuriken of Yuffie. Thanks for posting! smile  

Ako si Shinobita

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:02 pm
To be fair, i don't like buster cause it's like a freaking cutting board with an edge.
Masamune is just a katana but super long.
Keyblade ain't even a sword. it's just a giant key (but i still like it so i guess its my favorite.)
First Tsurugi should only split up when using overdrives like omnislash. i can see it being two blades but seven should stick to being overdrives.

And don't get me started on the GUNblade.
i'll just say that being called a gunblade, it should have gun actions.
and sorry for ranting but those are my feelings on the blades selected here. reason why i chose Yuffie's weapon over them all.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:05 pm
What exactly is wrong with the buster sword being a cutting board with an edge? It's size and weight only add to it's power (although if you're more of the speedy type I can sorta see y u don't like it).  

sieunijefnvoeiurnb

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:18 pm
yeah, sorry for not explaining.
I am speed/ balanced so heavy swords aren't my thing. Hell i love spell casting as well.
I wish i can make a character who uses fast moves with a one hand sword that was half the length of a two hand sword and he casts spells with his other hand.
His downfall would be his defense as he would be more offensive but annoying to fight.
Spell list.
Blizzaja
Thundaja
Firaja
Haste (at 50% of his HP once)
and his own spell
Elemental Wrath: hits three times. one fire one ice and one thunder.

Melee strikes.
Backstab: Vanishes and thrusts the sword behind him into the back of one person dealing big damage (like 30% hp no matter level and will not happen A lot.)
BladeDance: Creates illusions of himself as he attacks the party for three hits. (more common then Backstab but not as much as normal attack and spells.)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 am
The Buster Sword is way to big in my opinion, as I'm not all for power. As for the gunblade, The grip would seemingly be way better than a normal sword because it fits your hand easier the only real "GUNblade" was lightnings in XIII..being as it transformed into each (keep in mind i have not played FF7DoC, CC, or Dissiddia.. [I still can't figure out how XD]) I still can't figure out why the keyblade is called a blade, there's no sharp edges at all o.o...The First Tsurugi is only a sword when fully combined so individual traits is out of the question, but I do like how it breaks down into more "Speed type" blades and with a few adjustments to have only a small amount of weight/power removed and gain more speed..The Rapier is just way too small and lacks power but has a greater speed than all.. and the Masamune could be alot smaller, its way too unbalanced
(coming from experience with real blades including replica blades of the Buster and the Masamune)
And the winner is....First Tsurugi  

sT Deicide

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 am
Parth Makeo
To be fair, i don't like buster cause it's like a freaking cutting board with an edge.
Masamune is just a katana but super long.
Keyblade ain't even a sword. it's just a giant key (but i still like it so i guess its my favorite.)
First Tsurugi should only split up when using overdrives like omnislash. i can see it being two blades but seven should stick to being overdrives.

And don't get me started on the GUNblade.
i'll just say that being called a gunblade, it should have gun actions.
and sorry for ranting but those are my feelings on the blades selected here. reason why i chose Yuffie's weapon over them all.

The gunblade, if you have played 8, has a base of a gun. It technically IS a gun, with a sword at the end. You can fire it, and if you do, it sends vibrations down the blade, making it cut deeper and more jagged, causing more pain and damage. So, please remember it IS a gun blade.

Anyways. I like Rapier. Not Genesis' (Sorry guys, I dislike Gen.) but still. Though, my favorite weapon is the Blazefire Sabre. And Oerba Yun Fang's weapon.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am
Oh yeah, sorry. I tend to forget games i played like 9 years ago.
thanks for reminding me but i still think it should of shot blades  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

sieunijefnvoeiurnb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:34 pm
My top three and the reasons I like them are...

1. Buster sword because it has alot of power due to it's size and it has a very emotional background story involving the death of one of my favorite characters, Zack.

2. Masamune because of it's massive reach and the fact that one of my top three favorite characters, sephiroth, wields it.

3. Gunblade because it's a combination of a gun and sword, what isn't awesome about that???  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:49 pm
The Gunblade sorta looks like its abt to break ur wrist
1st Tsurugi is an awesome sword, Combined with others and its deadly
Buster sword looks like an iron chock.. O.o heavyness..
Masamune is overpowered...
and rapier looks like a light sabre.. LOL

Id go Tsurugi.. O.o  

Aeshien

Epic Politics Man

7,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:28 am
Gunblade for me.  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever