Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Great Canyon (Writing Forum)
satirical comedy script. critique welcomed ^^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jin_of_the_thunder

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:44 pm
this was a script i wrote, its basically about the amount celebrity culture, and how doing good in the world through protest songs and charity events is the new hip thing, when the celebrities themselves don't seem to have a full understanding. its basically touching on the irony that we often take what a performer will say about a particular political issue more seriously than the politicians themselves. i just found the irony quite humorous and it in 'inspired' me to write the script.

Interviewer: Okay so we’re here with ‘Pepsi of Voltage’ to discuss their new controversial album ‘hey Hitler, the Jews aint that bad.’ Please tell us the message of this album and what brought this all out.
Rodney: Well with the sudden success of our last two albums ‘The great red wood’ and ‘The taste of pink’ we felt it was our duty to do something beneficial to the world whilst at the height of our popularity.
Sid: We felt we had to make a difference to the world and the biggest world issue at the moment is the war, so this album is a protest of this cruel, unjust war.
Rodney: complete bollocks this war is really.
Sid: Total bollocks mate. Complete and utter bollocks.
Interviewer: Wait I’m confused. Is this a protest of the Iraq war?
Rodney: No mate, its Hitler’s war. For some reason or another there isn’t much speculation on this war. People are busy with the Iraq war.
Sid: people would rather fight in the desert than in Europe, which I think is wrong
Rodney: Europe’s getting a rough time at the moment, it seems people would rather fight in the sunshine and build sandcastles. I think it’s bloody disgraceful really.
Sid: Not on really is it mate.
Rodney: Not on in the most liberal sense of the word mate.
Interviewer: So… you think that… uhm… ‘Hitler’s war’ is a big current issue?
Sid: Well… yeah, people don’t realise how big it is. If you go on Google and type in ‘the war’ its full of pages about this bloke. That’s how important this war is.
Rodney: This man is such a wanker. He’s actually capturing and torturing Jews. Now I’ve never met a Jew, nor do I really want to meet one but they don’t deserved to be gassed.
Sid: Just to clarify, its not good gas like oxygen or some s**t.
Rodney: It’s like real not nice, like s**t gas.
Sid: They die and everything.
Rodney: Not good at all mate.
Sid: Did you know, did you know right, you can actually go and visit these death camps.
Interviewer: Urm… no.
Rodney: watching Jews being tortured, not my idea of a day out.
Sid: yeah but its probably in Germany or Poland or some s**t place. So it’d have to be a holiday.
Rodney: Not my cup of tea mate.
Sid: Not mine neither, not mine neither indeed.
Interviewer: So… so… what do you feel for… er... How do you fell about the countries that your saying Hitler’s currently invading.
Sid: …Gutted…
Interviewer: So what do you think you guys are going to achieve? Y’know with the album.
Rodney: Public awareness mostly, I feel, well we both feel that… whatever we have to say… uh…how to put this?
Sid: We sell a lot more albums than the PM or Jesus or some other s**t, this proves that what people think we think… is more not important but…
Rodney: Defiantly better.
Sid: Yeah, better. That’s the word.
Rodney: We have an amazing amount of power, probably more than Hitler.
Sid: We feel we're the only ones who can stop him really, and its up to us to stop the wanker.
Rodney: So if your listening hitler, Stop it. Your out of order. I don't like em either but you gone to far.
Interviewer: er... thank you, its been... er interesting.
Sid: Your welcome mate.
Rodney: yeah take care of yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:56 pm
It made me lol. :'D  

Conroicht

Jin_of_the_thunder

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:07 pm
lol then it did its job ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:29 pm
Was I the only guy giving the rock stars proper urban ROI accents?  

Petronec

6,450 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Great Canyon (Writing Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items