Welcome to Gaia! ::

The City of Gold!!!

Back to Guilds

we have toast, zombies, killer squirrils, and enough awesomeness for all! 

Tags: gold, random, manga, naruto, black butler 

Reply the Fan-Fic forum of doom^^
Hero of the Olympians - A Percy Jackson fan fic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rider Evarinya

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:00 pm
Do I decided to post my PJATO fic here. Enjoy smile

Chapter 1- The Hellhound's Out Of the Bag Now

"JAZMIN ELIZABETH!"

Here it comes… thought Jazmin Davis as she prepared for another blow from her step-monster, Angelica. A weak plea could be heard from behind her as her father David tried to spare her any more pain.

Angelica stood menacingly in the doorway. She raised her hand high above her head. Jazmin flinched as she as if to cushion herself, but the blow never came.

Her dog, Courage had knocked Angelica away. He was a gorgeous golden retriever strong enough to knock a six foot tall woman down. David and Courage were the only two living beings in that house that actually cared for her.

That night as Jazmin slept, she had another one of the dreams that placed her into one of the Greek myths. The one that occurred most often was the one where Athena had been challenged by a mortal to a weaving contest, which was the one that Jazmin was dreaming right now. This time, though, the dream was different. This time, she was the mortal. Her hands seemed to move of their own accord; Jazmin couldn't control them. As they finished the contest, Athena turned to her and said "Go to Grover, Jazmin Elizabeth."

Dream-Jazmin tried to get Athena to say more, but Real-Jazmin woke up before Athena could say more.

The next day was her next-to-last day at her school. Little did she know that tomorrow would be her last.

About half way through lunch, as Grover ate with her, consuming his usual salad, the told him about her strange dream from the night before. When she got to the part where Athena spoke to her, his ears, though underneath his Rasta style cap, wriggled with excitement. That has immediately sent up red flags him.

"Is… is that so?"

"I think I've found another Half-Blood," Grover told Dr. D, even though he wanted to talk to Chiron.

A sigh was heard in the Iris-Message. "Fine; the usual Chiron's a sub then?"

"Yep; and Annabeth as a visitor. Thanks Dr. D."

As the mist faded away, Grover heard Dr. D say "Just don't get too good at your job!"

I know it sucks, but the next chapters get better  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:05 pm
Chapter 2- Goodbye StepMonster

Jazmin was sitting on the floor outside her first period French 7/8 class. Her teacher was a monster! He was tall and he was 2nd generation Kenyan. He wore huge glasses that magnified his eyes to ten times their normal size. He wore socks with sandals. Socks with sandals! Even her fathers friend Mario, who weighed like 450 pounds, knew that was wrong! Stacy London and Clinton Kelly would definitely NOT approve of this guy… He even tucked in his shirt and wore a pocket protector. If that's not bad enough, his shirts were downright bizarre; and not in the fun way! They had eccentric patterns and his pants didn't go with them either. I mean, how nerdy can you get?

If that wasn't enough, his personality SUCKED. He chastises kids in his class for mispronouncing words, and then he does the thing he just criticized! What a hypocrite!

Grover sat down next to Jazmin and they resumed talking about Ancient Greece. Today's discussion was about who their favorite god or goddess was; and what their favorite mythological creature they liked best.

"I personally love the satyrs. Nature magic could be useful," Jazmin commented casually. I think I know a secret of yours, Grover. She thought.

Grover thought he heard something in her voice; her usual "I know a secret" kind of look. Gotta steer away from this. She might actually know about my secret. What he said out loud was "How 'bout your favorite god?"

"Hmm… I'd have to say either Athena or Poseidon."

"Better not let them hear you say that," Grover muttered to himself.

"What was that, Grover?"

For several minutes, Jazmin tried to weed the information out of him; she couldn't stand not knowing anything. She tried sever approaches, but to no avail. Finally, fifteen minutes before the bell was to ring for the fist class of the day at John F. Kennedy High School, Chiron and Annabeth Chase approached the classroom.

Annabeth's curly golden hair cascaded down her shoulders as she pushed Chiron in his wheelchair. Chiron was old; he had gray hair, and hot just on his head. He had a lot of wrinkles as well; one might mistake his face for a leather purse.

"Jazmin, Grover, please come inside with me," said Chiron as Annabeth wheeled him into the classroom.

Jazmin and Grover rose and followed the two new-comers. Jazmin was looking bewildered; what could she possibly have done? First period hadn't even started yet. But then again, stranger thing have happened… Grover, however, looked like normal. Maybe he knew this was coming!

Once Chiron was settled so that he could move his wheel chair himself and Annabeth was perched on the teacher's desk, Jazmin spoke.

"What did I do NOW? School hasn't even officially started for the day!"

Chiron ignored this, and instead posed her a question. "Jazmin, have you been seeing strange things lately?"

"What KIND of strange things?"

"Just please answer the question."

Jazmin thought a moment as she took her "thinking pose," which was her head lying on her intertwined hands with her eyes closed.

"Yes I have," said Jazmin apprehensively.

"What kind of things?"

"Things like the monsters from the myths of Ancient Greece."

Grover glanced at Annabeth. "She can see through the Mist."

"Shh," said the child of Athena to her friend the Satyr.

Chiron seemed to be pondering these new developments. Finally, after several agonizing minutes, he spoke. "It seems as though we have another Half-Blood on our hands! These dreams you've been having; you said they feature different mythological stories."

It seemed to Jazmin like they were messing with her! What WAS a Half-Blood anyway? This has GOT to be a joke. After all, the myths can't be real; can they?

By the time they had talked for ten minutes, Grover, Annabeth and Chiron were all convinced that Jazmin Davis was indeed the child of a god; of that there was no doubt.

"Jazmin," Chiron said gravely. "It is no longer safe for you here." He placed his hands open-palmed on the desk that Jazmin was sitting in. "You must come with us."

"Come with you where?" Jazmin was beginning to really freak out now.

"To Camp Half-Blood. It's the only safe place for Half-Bloods like us," explained Annabeth. "Once THEY know where you are, you aren't safe. It's a wonder they haven't caught you yet. Monsters will come; they always do." Her tone of voice was more calming than Chiron.

There were only four living beings on this Earth that truly cared for her: her father David, who couldn't do anything to protect her from any more pain; her dog Courage, who was so named because Jazmin's courage always seemed to desert her; her mother, whoever she was; and Grover, who perhaps consoled her when she had been abused by her step-monster.

There were no objections from her family. In fact, David being out of the house gave Angelica free reign over everything in the house. She told Jazmin to "Get out you freak! No one wants you here!"

Within five minutes, Jazmin had packed everything that mattered into a medium sized rainbow duffle bag, which held her clothes, her lucky gray hat, and a few letters that were apparently written by her parents, before David knew that her mother was a goddess. She walked out the front door without a backward glance, wondering what they would do with the remainder of her possessions; probably burn them, like they were evidence of some terrible crime. It was a sweltering San Antonio, Texas afternoon. She stood outside with Grover, Annabeth and Chiron, who had waited for her while she got her things.

Finally, with a man that she had never seen before in the front passenger seat, the camp van drove up to the curb.

"Are you sure this is the right van?"

"Yes; yes we are."

The door slid open and the man told Grover and Annabeth to help Chiron into the van. He had wavy dark brown hair and eyes that were blue like the ocean. Once everyone was settled in, Chiron spoke once again.

"These dreams you have, what exactly are they? What happens? Who is there? Who are you?"

"The dreams always place me near the gods. They always play out like the myths of Ancient Greece. The only exceptions are the dreams about Athena. Always she speaks to me; she gives the Dream-Me advice about life."

Even the driver and the man in front were listening now. This was getting interesting.

"It always seems like she's speaking directly to me personally, as opposed to me in a dream."

Grover, Annabeth and Chiron exchanged glances. She sounded like…

"…a child of Athena…" said Annabeth.

"What did you say?"

"I said that Jazmin's experiences sound a lot like mine…"

"Maybe she's your sister, Annabeth…"

"Well, we can't be sure until your Olympian parent claims you."

Jazmin picked up a brochure about Camp Half-Blood. As if on cue, a grey-blue orb appeared above her head; and in the center, was an owl.

Jazmin looked up from her brochure, only to find everyone staring with her. "What just happened?"

"Well now we know. Lady Athena always finds a sort of cue to claim her children."

"So I'm a child of Athena?"

Annabeth nodded. "The same symbol from when I was claimed," she said it almost wistfully, like she was trying to relive that particular moment in her head. Almost no one noticed the tears forming in the corners of Jazmin's eyes; only Annabeth.

"So that means…"

"I'm your sister," said Annabeth, opening her arms to the sixteen year old. "Come here."

Jazmin's tears were obvious now. She embraced Annabeth in the way that she'd only ever used with David. The tears were coming for a completely new reason now; they were coming out of happiness.

Annabeth spoke with a loving tone that again, no one had ever used with her, save for David. It was foreign; alien even.

They had driven about six hours discussing heavy topics such as Chiron knowing her father and the story of how her parents met; Grover's story about her step-sisters that made her laugh until she had hiccups; Jazmin telling them stories of the abuse she had taken from Angelica; and she even got to meet Dr. D, who turned out to be Dionysus, the god of wine. It was well past midnight when they stopped in Columbia, South Carolina for the night.

It was only when Annabeth and Jazmin, in a separate room from the men (causing a certain amount of annoyance in the case of the man that was in the front of the van) climbed into a couple of beds that Jazmin noticed that Annabeth was wearing a diamond ring on her right ring finger.

"Where'd you get the ring?"

Annabeth rolled over onto her side and faced Jazmin, her golden locks cascading down her back. "From Percy," she giggled.

Jazmin knew the signs of romance when she saw them. "He was the guy in front, wasn't he?"

"Ya," Annabeth giggled once again. "After the Titan War, we got married."

Annabeth launched into a story about her and Percy, but Jazmin was asleep before she got further than the Labyrinth quest.

Rider Evarinya

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

Rider Evarinya

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:13 pm
Chapter 3- Enter Nico and Brandon

At home, Angelica had given Jazmin minimal amenities; Alyssa and Veronica had them all. Her mattress was paper thin, and lumpy to boot, so as you can imagine, Jazmin slept like one of Aunty Em's many victims.

In the night, Jazmin had an extremely strange dream; it was one that wouldn't let her wake up. When a Demigod has a dream, it's often not just a dream. It's most likely a vision of someone you care deeply about. And these dreams seem quite real, because they usually are.

In the vision, Jazmin saw a girl in font of a large blue house in a valley. She wore khaki beach shorts, a t-shirt with a tacky design on it and sandals. Her hair looked like fire in the sun. Rachel Elizabeth Dare.

How Jazmin knew who this girl was, she couldn't be sure. An eerie green mist was surrounding Rachel; her arms were raised up to the heavens, as if she was trying to catch a beach ball.

"I accept this role. I pledge myself to Apollo, God of Oracles. I open my eyes to the future and embrace the past. I accept the spirit of Delphi, Voice of the Gods, Speaker of Riddles, Seer of Fate."

The mist enveloped Rachel in a column. When it dissipated, she collapsed into a fetal position.

A boy with greasy black hair helped her up. "Are you all right? I felt you dying!"

She nodded. "I'm fine Nico," and promptly lurched to one side.

A sixteen year old boy with eyes as blue as the sea helped her up. A younger Percy Jackson asked Rachel "You mean you can tell the future now?"

Rachel turned her head to face him. "Sometimes, but when someone asks me a question, I… oh no-"

"It's starting," announced a man sporting a toga, sunglasses and a cocky smile who could only be Apollo.

Rachel doubled over, like someone had punched her. Then she stood straight up and her eyes glowed the same eerie color green as the mist had been.

When she spoke, her voice sounded tripled, like three Rachel Dares were speaking at once.

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call.

To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

At the last word, Rachel fainted.

Jazmin woke up at half past three in the morning drenched in sweat. Her blond bangs were plastered to her forehead and she was breathing heavily. Jazmin couldn't get the image of Rachel Dare out of her head: her eyes were bugging out, her skin almost looked like it was glowing, the eerie mist that came from no where.

After nearly giving Annabeth a heart attack and almost waking Percy, Grover, Chiron and Argus in the next room, Jazmin fell into a dreamless sleep.

Jazmin woke up in her bed at the hotel the next morning with a headache. "Sleep well, Annabeth?"

Annabeth tried unsuccessfully to stifle a huge yawn. "Yes, after you wo-o-o-o-oke me up." She yawned again.

Their party sat down to breakfast in the far corner of the room, where they all ate in silence. It had been a trying day yesterday, especially for Jazmin.

Once Jazmin returned from the breakfast bar, one of the two remaining families got up and left. The last family looked normal, at least until they nodded and simultaneously stood up. Suddenly, they grew and grew until they were twenty five feet high. Jazmin nearly fainted. They were a family of giants! She fell over the side of her chair and crawled backwards to the very corner of the room, her eyes wide.

Jazmin watched in utter disbelief as Percy and Annabeth nodded at each other like they did this all the time. Annabeth put on her Yankees cap and disappeared. One of the giants exploded into golden dust a minute later. Percy was a demon, hacking and slashing and taking a giant's life with every stroke of his sword.

One other tripped over a table and fell onto Jazmin. She didn't wake, even after two hours in the car. All hope was gone.

Jazmin woke up several times in the next few days. Every time she did, it was only for a minute. During those times, she got glimpses of where she was; one time, it was to see a boy with greasy black hair and onyx colored eyes that was spoon feeding her some pudding that tasted like kettle corn. Another time, she smelled the scent of strawberries in the air. One other time, she heard someone saying "I just hope she doesn't cause trouble like that Peter Johnson boy."

When she woke up for good, she saw Argus blinking his many eyes. She fell out of the lawn chair that she was sitting in and banged her head on the floor. When she stood up shakily, she saw Argus again. She yelled and promptly fell over.

This time, the boy that had been spoon feeding her that pudding came running and helped her up. He had a strong grip.

"Argus, will you go to Ares Cabin? I think they're fighting with Apollo again."

Argus blinked his many eyes once, as if to say "All right."

Once Argus left, the boy turned to her again. He wore a concerned look on his face and an orange "Camp Half-Blood" t-shirt. "Did he scare you?" Jazmin nodded shakily. "Yeah, he scares all the new campers, but he's nice, even if he can't talk. So, are you feeling all right?" He was still holding her arm, guiding her back to the lawn chair.

She nodded and said, "Just peachy." There was a trash can near her. She grabbed it and threw up.

"At least you made it in the can. Last time someone missed, I had to clean it up," said the boy.

They sat down on the chair that Jazmin had so recently vacated. "So what's your name?" the boy asked. "Mine's Nico."

"J-Jazmin."

"That's a nice name." Nico handed her a drink. She tried to grip it, but it nearly slipped from her grasp, so Nice held it for her, while she drank. As soon as the apple juice that tasted like chocolate chip cookies hit her throat, Jazmin felt a warmth seep throughout her body and she immediately felt better. She finished it in no time.

"You don't want to drink too much of this stuff," Nico said. "It can kill you."

Jazmin nodded. "So, where to?"

Nico gestured to the inside of the house. "In there." They stood up. "A few things you should know, don't mess with Mr. D."

Jazmin nodded. "Anything else?"

Nico laughed. "Run fast!"

Jazmin was confused. "Why would I need to run fast?"

"It's Capture the Flag tonight!"

They got to the other side of the Big House, where they saw Chiron playing a card game with Mr. D.

"I win again Chiron," Mr. D said. "How boring."

Chiron put down his cards. "No matter, Mr. D. Welcome home, Jazmin." He turned to Nico. "Show her around camp, why don't you?"

Jazmin nodded. She let Nico lead her around camp. Her shoulder was beginning to hurt a little; the duffle bag was a little heavier than she thought. He showed her the volleyball courts, the arts and crafts area, the amphitheater, and the climbing wall. They crossed the creek and he showed her the first wing of cabins. They were arranged in a U shape. Then they headed to the second wing of cabins.

Hades Cabin was really cool. It had obsidian walls and two torches that held green fire crossed over the door way. Off to the side was a black flag that had a picture of Hades' Helm of Darkness on it.

Jazmin stood there and admired Hades cabin while Nico stood there with his hands on his hips; he looked really smug. "Cool, isn't it?" he asked.

Jazmin nodded. "Yeah."

Nico turned to her. "So, who's your god parent?"

"Athena," she said. She can finally say it with pride. "Who's yours?"

He hesitated. A lot of people didn't like his father. You'd think they'd be nicer about it after he saved their butts in the Titan War. "Hades."

"So would that mean you can control the dead?"

"How'd you know that?!"

"I guessed." Jazmin giggled. "So, am I right?"

Nico nodded.

"That's so cool!"

Nico sighed. "At least it doesn't take so much energy anymore." He grinned. "It doesn't wear me out like it used to."

"That's good."

"Let me show you your cabin."

"That sounds wonderful. My shoulder hurts."

It didn't take too long to get to Athena cabin. When they stood by the door, Jazmin knocked and the head counselor answered.

"Hey Nico. Who's this?"

"New Athena camper, Brandon."

For the first time, Brandon Nelson looked at Jazmin. "Come on in." He gestured towards the inside.

Jazmin walked inside then turned. "See you later Nico."

NOTE: So that's it! What do you think? If the timeline was a little confusing, this happens about four years after the Titan War; Percy and Annabeth are married and Nico is sixteen. Just to clarify things.  
the Fan-Fic forum of doom^^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games