Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
a period and fertility question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KryDandee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm
how fertile is a woman 1-2 days after her period? I accidentally ejaculated inside my wife, and she just got off her period the other day. should I be worried?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 pm
I don't think you should be totally worried, but just to be safe you might want to go get a Plan B just to make sure.  

Riku is my Twin

Dangerous Lover

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:12 pm
If she isn't on birth control and you two don't want a baby, then yes, you certainly should be worried.

The first day of a woman's period is day 1 in her cycle. Women with a perfect 28 day cycle are typically at peak fertility around day 14.

But that's just an average. Every woman is different. Some women ovulate earlier or later than day 14. Some women even ovulate during their period. And sperm can also live inside a woman for almost a week.

So no time of the month is considered completely safe. That's why protection needs to be used every single time unless you're actually trying to get pregnant.

She can get Plan B this time. But you two should not have sex again until you get some proper birth control.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:35 am
I cant wear condoms, and she can't handle latex or poly anyway. We use VCF most every time, but i have delayed ejaculation, to the point that I never orgasm during sex under normal circumstances. This was one of those above and beyond moments that wasn't planned or even thought of till about a minute, tops, before the event horizon was reached. besides, no method is 100% safe other than abstinence. even condoms, used perfectly, only work 90-94% of the time.

Also, the sperm that gets you pregnant (men fire 3 types per ejaculate) are only alive for 3 days tops. not a week  

KryDandee

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 am
Alakoompahed
I cant wear condoms, and she can't handle latex or poly anyway.

So why don't you two use a hormonal method?
Alakoompahed
We use VCF most every time

VCF is one of the least effective methods of birth control.
Alakoompahed
but i have delayed ejaculation, to the point that I never orgasm during sex under normal circumstances. This was one of those above and beyond moments that wasn't planned or even thought of till about a minute, tops, before the event horizon was reached.

Even if you don't usually ejaculate during sex you should be playing it safe, especially since you do occasionally ejaculate from sex and pre-ejaculate may contain live sperm.
Alakoompahed
besides, no method is 100% safe other than abstinence. even condoms, used perfectly, only work 90-94% of the time.

It's true that no method is 100% effective. But most hormonal methods are at least 99% effective.
Alakoompahed
Also, the sperm that gets you pregnant (men fire 3 types per ejaculate) are only alive for 3 days tops. not a week

I didn't say they were alive for a week, I said almost a week. Sperm can live for up to five days in a woman's body.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 pm
LorienLlewellyn
Alakoompahed
I cant wear condoms, and she can't handle latex or poly anyway.

So why don't you two use a hormonal method?
Alakoompahed
We use VCF most every time

VCF is one of the least effective methods of birth control.
Alakoompahed
but i have delayed ejaculation, to the point that I never orgasm during sex under normal circumstances. This was one of those above and beyond moments that wasn't planned or even thought of till about a minute, tops, before the event horizon was reached.

Even if you don't usually ejaculate during sex you should be playing it safe, especially since you do occasionally ejaculate from sex and pre-ejaculate may contain live sperm.
Alakoompahed
besides, no method is 100% safe other than abstinence. even condoms, used perfectly, only work 90-94% of the time.

It's true that no method is 100% effective. But most hormonal methods are at least 99% effective.
Alakoompahed

I didn't say they were alive for a week, I said almost a week. Sperm can live for up to five days in a woman's body.

1. her doctor doesn't want to give it to her because of a cyst on her ovary causing her to have various hormonal imbalances. Last time they attempted it, she became violently bipolar, bled like a gutted trout, and started losing hair.

2. VCF, when used correctly, is no worse than a condom. Most people just don't let the spermicide strip dissolve before having sex.

3. I'm aware it has c** in it sometimes, and I use VCF any time I have it. And I have had two orgasms with a partner in 3 1/2 years of being sexually active. It's usually nothing to worry about.

4. see reason one why hormonal methods won't work.

5. this is true, but like I said, the ones that have DNA, and are made to do the job of impregnation, only live 3 days if they come from a man with optimum health.  

KryDandee

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:03 pm
Alakoompahed

VCF, when used correctly, is no worse than a condom.
That's what their website says. But when I bought a box of it about two years ago, the box said it was much less effective. Planned Parenthood and other websites also rate it as being very low. And VCF's own website also says, "If you have been told by your psysician that you should not become pregnant, then VCF may not be right for you," which should tell you something. Notice the incorrect spelling of physician too. So overall their numbers seem a bit sketchy. As such, I don't recommend VCF as a sole method of protection for couples who really don't want to get pregnant.

Alakoompahed
I'm aware it has c** in it sometimes, and I use VCF any time I have it.
Most guys cannot feel pre-ejaculate coming out. So you can't just use protection when you think you might have pre-ejaculate.

Alakoompahed
It's usually nothing to worry about.
Perhaps not. But I assume you two really don't want a baby right now. So if accidents are happening at all, even if it isn't often, you might need to change something you're doing.

Alakoompahed
this is true, but like I said, the ones that have DNA, and are made to do the job of impregnation, only live 3 days if they come from a man with optimum health.
That's not quite how it works. Some sperm are stronger or weaker, but if they're alive, they can get a woman pregnant.

"Sperm ejaculated into a woman's v****a can live in a woman's reproductive tract for up to five days or perhaps even longer. Fertilization is possible as long as the sperm remain alive."
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy/AN00281/rss=2  
Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff