Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:32 pm
User Image

Swishing his tail in the grass, Tamu rolled onto his side, letting the warm sun wash over his brown fur. It really was quite useful having a white mane, as his head tended not to get hot at all during the day's heat. He really loved it when he was younger, and had an excuse to lie to his family to go out and away from their strangeness. Tamu couldn't stand the smothering, or the needy-ness of his blind younger sister, so once he was old enough, he left. Besides, being the only male in a family has it's stresses that he just couldn't tolerate.

His brown eyes looked around; this home, it wasn't smothering. It was more open, and he could do what he pleased, for the most part, but maybe all that just came with age. It had been a new concept, coming to live with mainly lions, but what could be safer for a cheetah like him? He grinned and stretched, flicking small pieces of grass from his fur. Lazy days, they are amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:47 pm
User ImageBwana moved along the grounds, keeping himself as poised as possible despite the thoughts running through his head. He wondered if Kal would really forgive him. She seemed to be warming to him again, but that was no guarantee that things would stay that way. It all depended on him, he supposed.

His ability to ensure their steady relationship by not messing things up again. No more illegitimate children with random rogue females.

As he made his way over the grounds, he noticed one of his pride members sprawled out on the ground. He’d never met the fellow, but of course the upper class had mentioned him being there. A cheetah was not common. His father had really disliked non-lion creatures in the pride. That being the case, most of them had fled. Now, though, things were different. Bwana wanted all animals to feel welcome in his pride. So he ventured over to the other, offering a smile as he approached. “Good day!” he said lightly, “it’s quite a nice day, isn’t it?”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:09 pm
Yawning, the sound of another creature caught Tamu off-guard. His ears quickly swiveled around, and he flipped his head back, trying to catch sight of who was approaching him. Eyes widening a bit, he caught sight of the pure-purple coat, and he immediately knew who it was. He almost scrambled to his paws, but somehow ended up tripping over his own tail and face planting right into the dirt.

Snorting the small particles from his nose, Tamu blinked, raising his head to look directly at the King. Well this was just a great first-impression. "Uh...g-good day." He shook his head once more, pawing at his semi-crusted nose. "Yeah, I really love the sun." Finally settling on his haunches, Tamu looked up at the blue sky, fluffing his white mane around.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think we've ever met, sir." He dipped his head, thinking it only right to introduce himself. "I'm Tamu." His tail twitched, and he only hoped that he hadn't made the King think he was totally off his rocker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 pm
Bwana chuckled. It was nice to see someone giving him a bit of respect. Normally he had to deal with lions who thought he wasn’t suited to be king, or a queen who knew him only as her mate and treated him as an equal. The former, he couldn’t stand, while the latter always served to help him feel better about himself again, even when she was cross with him. It was a good change to have something more respectable. Nodding his head at the other, he let himself gaze up at the sky.

He didn’t see much reason to be on guard around this cheetah.

“I am Bwana,” he replied, though he imagined the other was already aware of that. Or maybe he didn’t know his name, only his position. Whatever the case, it was only right that he properly introduce himself. Good manners and all.

“Are you new here?” He asked curiously.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:22 pm
Brown eyes flicked up to watch the large purple creature for a moment; he seemed kind. It was kind of a relief to know that the King was a nice guy, epecially since he was about twice the size of Tamu as far as physical build goes. He leaked a smile, wrapping his tail around the edges of his body as he sat down, feeling more at ease.

"I quite like that name. It really rolls off the tongue." Tamu let out a huff of laughter, rolling the sound in his head. His own name seemed rather stark and un-flowing, but it was custom to have a short name in his family, so he couldn't imagine a really flowing name with so few sounds.

"I guess you could say I'm new. I met a very striking lioness when I was a bit younger who convinced me to come here, but I had a few things that needed to be taken care of." He smiled, thinking back to that day. He wished he had come to this pride that day with her, but he had to explain to his sister why he was leaving. She understood how he felt, as even she felt smothered where they were.

"I just haven't really....gone too far into the pride yet." He felt a bit embarrassed, but he had never been surrounded by lions before, and the thought was a tad scary to the young cheetah.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:21 pm
“Ha,” grunted the male in return, “just pray you never have to hear or use my full name,” he replied lightly, shrugging his large shoulders under his black cape and deep purple fur. His name was rather long, and really didn’t roll off the tongue if he used all of it. Maybe one day he would just cut his full name. Make it officially just Bwana. For now, though, he decided to keep the family name. Despite how much he loathed his father, he knew he owed the male at least some respect.

He had half the guy’s genes. That was worth something.

“I understand,” the male replied, “and I’m happy to have you here, of course. We don’t see a lot of other species here and I think your presence will be more of a comfort to the others. I don’t want animals thinking they’re not welcome here because there seem to be only lions around,” he chuckled lightly. For him, all animals were welcome members of the pride.

Though not everyone agreed with him on that. The ways of his father were still set in many of the lions who had grown up around the same time as him.

Nodding, he smiled. “It can be a bit daunting, but you don’t have anything to fear. Should anyone cause you any trouble, any at all, you come to me and I’ll make sure to personally sort the situation out. Do you have any plans? There are many jobs available.”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:44 pm
"Oh, well that's reassuring." Tamu laughed, but he could feel his nerves getting to him. There was just something that always unnerved him about a large group of lions. But if the King himself said everything would be okay, Tamu would be a fool to continue living on the borders like this.

"I was actually thinking of...doing something useful, like making things." Grinning, he thought back to when he was a cub. His sisters seemed to like to accessorize, and he seemed to have picked up a few of their habits. While he didn't actually wear anything like flowers or bands or necklaces, he had a fondness of crafting them.

"I guess I'll just have to really figure it out when I move deeper into the heart of the pride...." Thinking about it, that wasn't the only thing he wanted to do. Though he wouldn't admit it now, he really did want to start a family. Plus, having another cheetah around would ease his nerves a little until he made a few friends within the pride.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:45 pm
“Ah! That sounds like something many of the others living here would really welcome,” Bwana hummed lightly, “many of the players love to have trinkets for their shows, but are unable to make them properly themselves. If you’re good with any kind of crafting things, you could become quite popular around these parts.” He nodded along with his own thoughts- it would be nice to watch a play that didn’t look like a cub had a hand in it.

For once.

Even costumes or jewelry wasn’t the as good as it could be. They could always use more paws helping them out. Bwana honestly couldn’t understand how they could make anything at all- his paws were so thick and hard to work with, personally. It was hard enough just walking sometimes.

“Well I hope you do venture further into the pride. I’m sure you’ll be welcomed,” he added quickly, offering a warm smile. He didn’t mind being friendly. It wasn’t like he felt obligated or anything- he liked seeing the new members of the pride, even when they weren’t so sure about things.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:21 pm
"I'm glad! I really hope I can be of use here...." Well, that sounded promising, at least. They'd have to like him now, right?

"I'd love to see a play. I've never seen one before, but they sound so amazing." Actors playing a part, a story to submerge your mind into- it all sounded so wonderful to Tamu. The scene seemed rather romantic- a stage lit by fireflies, and someone to cuddle up to to watch the play. That was his idea of everything.

The only sad thing was that Tamu didn't have anyone to cuddle up to, so he'd just have to enjoy the plays by himself. But watching his handiwork being used on a stage seemed rather nice. He'd feel so useful.

"I'll have to....soon." His eyes lit up as his attention returned to Bwana. "I just have to see....if a friend will come with me." Grinning, he really hoped she would.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:40 pm
“They are!” Bwana chuckled, “for a while they weren’t allowed in this pride, thanks to my father, but recently the pride members seem to be enjoying the returned practices of past generations.” He knew it was only the first step of many he would have to take to get things back to the way the ought to be. A way he didn’t even know, considering he’d always known the rule of his father.

But he was aware there had to be a better way out there than what his father had done, there just had to be. Everyone had been so miserable.

Bwana wouldn’t stand for that.

“I’m sure you’ll be able to see plenty of plays soon enough,” he added thoughtfully, “there’s a festival due to approach soon. I’m sure everyone will be abuzz about it.” It was certainly going to be fun, though there were things that needed to be… completed first. If Kal would allow them, naturally. But that was the kind of thinking to make him blush.

“Ah, a friend? Well, they’ll be most welcome too! Whoever you decide to bring with you.”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 pm
"I'd never heard of how things used to be..." Tamu felt a bit disheartened not knowing any background on this pride at all. In fact, it made him feel rather ignorant, and more than a bit foolish for feeling scared when the pride was changed now.

"A festival, huh? Sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll get to contribute as well." Tamu had never been a part of a festival, nor had he even attended one. But imagining everyone buzzing around looked quite humorous, at least in Tamu's head.

"Yes, I....I really hope she stays here." Feeling his face warm, Tamu turned to the side, looking out at a set of trees to distract him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 pm
“I’ll be happy to explain what I know to you some day,” the king replied with a light nod of his head. The memories of his father weren’t expansive, considering he had run away, but he had heard stories of him and the past he had ruined. Stories he would be happy to pass on to anyone who was willing to listen. Not at that moment, however. He had a queen he needed to get home and re-woo.

“ah! A she, is it? Well, I hope she does as well, then.” He chuckled knowingly at that, offering the other a playful wink. Sounded like they both had ladies in their lives. Though… his was still rather sore at him.

Whoops.

“Forgive me, but I need to return to my den. I have business I desperately need to return to. But I do hope you find a happy home here. You and your friend.”

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 pm
"Thank you, sir." Dipping his head, Tamu thought that he should head off as well. Things needed to be done, and Tamu had to make last-ditch efforts to try and convince his friend to stay.

"Hopefully I'll see you within the pride soon, my King." Grinning, he flicked his tail to the side. So many things needed to be done indeed. If he was to continue on his Tinker path, he needed to gather things, plus up and move his home deeper into the pride lands...the list went on and on.

"Goodbye." As he turned to leave, Tamu felt lighthearted, now knowing that he had a home that would protect him and a place where he could start a family some day.

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games