Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:07 pm
User Image

Austin walked along the lakeshore, staring out over the sparkling water. He sighed to himself, wishing he didn't have to spend his time alone so often. Since leaving home, he had started to miss his family; his mother, father, and sister. But it had come time for him to find his own place in the world, whatever that may be.

The sun was setting over the mountains in the distance, casting beautiful colors through the clouds and reflecting on the water, with the last few rays of sunlight dancing on the waves.

Austin remembered long ago when he had come to the lake with his family. He'd made a few friends around the watering area, none of which he had seen recently.

Reminiscing on the past, he lowered himself to the ground, intent on watching the sunset alone, and drifting off to sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:37 pm
Things hadn't necessarily been bad for Alura, but she would be lying to herself if she said she never thought of the past. Though she had never lost her sweet and flirty personality, living on her own had given her the slightest of a hardened edge. It was for her own protection, or at least that's what she told herself.

Balmy Spring afternoons had often led her mind to wander back, and today was no different. With an indignant snort, she stopped at the lake. She bent her neck gracefully, never noticing she wasn't alone as she drank her fill.

Nemesis Valkyrie

Divine Hero

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm
The sounds of water sloshing woke him from his doze, and he glanced around for the source of the sound. A dark silhouette stood against the sunset sky, casting a shadow across the shore. He squinted his eyes trying to figure out who his company was.

He quickly got to his feet, sweeping his tail to brush off some sand from his flanks, and made his way over to the dark stranger. As he neared, the faint light from the sun showed the stranger to be a black mare Soquili with waves of pink hair flowing over her shoulders and rump. And there on her shoulder and haunch, were three hearts. He knew those hearts. He used to play with a filly who had those same markings, and same hair.

"Alura?" he called softly, hoping he was right, and that he wouldn't end up looking like a fool, calling some stranger by the wrong name.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:41 pm
Startled, Alura lifted her head. She had heard the approaching sound of hoof-steps, of course, but she had not expected the stranger to know her name. Her ears twitched, and she tensed, putting her guard up.

As she caught sight of the stranger, a stallion, those very memories she had been pondering pricked at the back of her mind. Tilting her head, she regarded the other closely. He was, familiar. She knew him.

"Austin?"

Nemesis Valkyrie

Divine Hero

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:08 am
"Oh wow! It is you!" he exclaimed, so happy to see a friendly familiar face. He was more awake now, and could discern her features a little better in the fading light. She had matured gracefully into a full grown mare, filling out and up into a beautiful black beauty. He tried to inconspicuously look her over, all the while a big grin across his face. "You look wonderful. How have you been?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:37 pm

((Nothing like picking an rp up after a long hiatus! biggrin ))

"It's been... a really long time, hasn't it?" She smiled, watching the handsome stallion trot over to her. It truly hadn't seemed that long ago when they were both foals on knobby knees and shaky legs.

"I've been, well, I've gotten by all right on my own. How about you? You're looking pretty great yourself."

Nemesis Valkyrie

Divine Hero

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:27 am
"Yes it really has. I've missed you pretty girl. I can't believe it's been so long." He had stopped a couple feet from her, not getting too close as to not make her uncomfortable. "I think we were still pretty young when our families moved away from each other."

He recalled some of the fun times they had spent together, all the adventures they had, games they played or trouble they found. He had been so sad the day that they had parted ways.

Nemesis Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:38 am

"I've missed you, too. To be honest, I've been on my own for a while. It's been pretty lonely. Back when we were foals, well, those were the happiest days of my life."

She had never blamed her parents. Herds separated all time if individuals felt it best to move on. She had just never found another friend like she had found in Austin.

Nemesis Valkyrie

Divine Hero

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:17 pm
"So what brings you back?" he asked.
"I've met a few friends, loved and lost, but never anything like what we had. That first crush. Nothing like it." he teased. "But again, we were just foals. It wasn't serious then." He chuckled. "I remember playing with you, and we made a silly little promise to never like anyone else. Do you remember that?" He asked. "Do you remember when we scratched that tree as a symbol of our friendship?" He recalled a day where they had been playing together, tag was the game, and he had caught her underneath a pretty willow. He had been so enamored by the tree and how magic it felt beneath it.

"Alura, let's make a promise, okay?" he had said. "Let's promise not to ever like anyone else. Let's mark this tree as our spot, a symbol of our friendship." He had found a rock on the ground and went over to the tree, and scratched a couple lines into the tree. "There." he said, stepping back. "We can make this our special place to come and play together."

[[OOC: Not initials, as Soquili can't read but the same principle]]
Nemesis Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:55 pm
She laughed, cheerfully, at the memory. "That meant so much back then. And, honestly, it still does." She smiled, walking with him along the lake's shoreline. "I've had, well, similar relationships to what you've described. I've never let anyone else get as close to me as you did, because... I couldn't take the hurt of never seeing someone as special to me as you again."  

Nemesis Valkyrie

Divine Hero

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:34 pm
He felt a quick pang of jealousy shoot through him at the thought of her being with anyone else, but he really couldn't be mad about it. "Well, that foalhood crush ....it never really went away," he admitted, almost shyly. He felt odd. He'd never felt shy in his life.

He thought about it a second, then blurted, "We should visit that tree, see if our scratches are still there." He hoped she liked the idea, for he didn't want to part with her again, especially not so soon.

Nemesis Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:34 pm
"You aren't the only one..." She smiled, looking at him. Sometimes young love was fleeting. And sometimes, well, sometimes the fates were simply trying to nudge young foals in the right direction.

"I think that is a wonderful idea. I would love to see our tree."

Nemesis Valkyrie

Divine Hero

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:18 pm
"I'm so glad you agree. Let's go there now." He suggested. "I'm sure it's not that far."

As they made their way to the tree, he recalled many memories of their childhood when they would play here. They would play tag and hide and seek, and one of his favorite games, find the pinecone. He smiled outwardly thinking about the fun times. "Do you remember "find the pinecone?" he asked sheepishly.

Nemesis Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:31 pm
"Hmmm..." She thought for a moment, her head tilted to the side. Of course, she remembered the game immediately. Many fond memories came to mind, and she couldn't help but giggle. "Yes, of course. It was your favorite game, if I'm not mistaken."  

Nemesis Valkyrie

Divine Hero

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:37 pm
They arrived at the tree. It stood tall and beautiful as ever, it's long limbs reaching down to the ground, branches swaying in the breeze. Austin stopped to admire the beautiful tree. "It's just as I remember it," he said. "Now, where are those scratches?" He approached the tree and walked around it slowly, looking closely. "I don't see...oh, wait...he looked higher and saw two deep gouges marked into the tree. "There!" he exclaimed. "There they are." A huge smile spread over his face as he called Alura over. "Come see."

Nemesis Valkyrie

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces