Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Energy Systems and Channels Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 pm
Soo... I guess little tips and pointers for beginer energy workers which I keep having to repeat. Some of this is a matter of personal style, the points expressed have a limited utility for beginer practitioners and may prevent issues further along in practice.

A. Use blood and bone Do not channel through muscle. When you channel through muscle groups you develop knots and muscle spasms and can mess up your physical structure. Only channel through muscle when your Exercising and use a pervasive wide spread net of energy.

B. When working with your energy system you first want to become aware of whats already there. You Do not just start doing energy work and trying to affect an object... you first explore yourself and find the natural channels. Most people Already have channels they aren't using them.

C. When channeling outside energy again you use a net. You send tendrils of energy into an object reading it. You send small channels into the earth and you build a frame work or network of interaction. When trying to affect an object you first saturate the object with your energy.

You do not just push, push pull factors may end up with results but they are hard to duplicate and they don't work well. They also upset other beings. Be aware of your emotions and how they are affecting the system

D. Do not let other energy enter you that you are not knowledgeable of. Be aware of how energy feels learn what it means but do not let spirits influence you. They can alter your consciousness and perception of events and they can influence your emotions and send you false signals. Foreign energy can be dangerous.

Don't allow your system to be open constantly and just pay attention to what is entering your system. Its good to have a shield or a filter system in place so that you can observe without being affected.

E. Avoid perception bias. If you are giving people readings make sure that they are people you don't know. Your bias will affect your readings.

F. Excess energy or channeling through your third eye may cause head aches. Make sure that you can control your own energy.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:18 pm
Thanks this was actually very helpfull!  

jacard

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 am
Ishtar, where did you get these tips? Is there a source or are these just things you have gathered in your own energy work?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:28 am
Thank you for posting these Ishtar Shakti.

I feel there are some useful things to add, mostly regarding training in specific fields of energy work.

There are some amazing styles that revolve around the use of muscle for energy work that seem to have stemmed from Yoga and Tantra. There are also systems which focus on the whole of a person and the flow through us that do not have the side effects I read.

Often I find that it is when muscles are used to "push" energy rather than being guide threads, that the symptoms you described occur.

Do you ever find that the tendrils are experienced by others as invasive? I also feel it is important to be aware that while personal energy may be used, other forms of energy can be more beneficial in some situations.

Do you feel that "push pull" work has any similarity to "drawing" work? I am afraid I have not had the same experience with the results from drawing work that you described and I am interested in any opinions you may have on the difference between the two.

I completely agree that a filter system is very important and that it is good to be cautious. I also feel that there are other energies that are very beneficial, such as Johrei, Kolaimni, Chang Sen Xue and Reiki. I feel that the emphasis should be on understanding the different kinds of energy.

I also feel that while any inherent perception bias should be explored, I do not feel that we cannot give readings to those close to us. My experience is that I see what I see- and to ignore it because I may fear being too close to the person is silencing my gift to them through second guessing myself.

My solution has been to examine and listen for the difference between my voice and The Silent Voice.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 pm
Shearaha
Ishtar, where did you get these tips? Is there a source or are these just things you have gathered in your own energy work?

Well mostly just things I've gathered through my own work and hearing complaint after complaint after complaint. And some comical hyjinx and some not so comical... There is Way more but this is just the most repetitive stuff

Some of the things are a matter of personal preference and style as some of the things on the list don't automatically lead to problems. Like having an open energy and allowing energy to move freely without a shield or a filter has some positive benefit for doing energy work but the problems that come up when dealing with other peoples energy and it mucking up and affecting your internal system can be a bit difficult.
Its a matter of Degree usually... but its good to urge people to be cautious? Most people aren't completely open or closed whether they are aware of it or not *shrug*

Such as having a filter or a shield in place can leave you ill prepared for when their are surges of energy (not like this is all too common here) So usually I have breakers, or multiple layered shields, they absorb energy and if one gets over loaded theirs one behind it. Its a good method for dealing with that. Its a hassle and they usually aren't needed so can fall into disrepair if unused.

So open energy is good for being in tune and keeping track of information easily and for access purposes and being able to draw on energy easily but it leaves you open for other spirits to feed you information etc. Generally speaking I open my energy up depending on where I am and my perceived level of safety and ability to relax etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Brass Bell Doll
Thank you for posting these Ishtar Shakti.

I feel there are some useful things to add, mostly regarding training in specific fields of energy work.

There are some amazing styles that revolve around the use of muscle for energy work that seem to have stemmed from Yoga and Tantra. There are also systems which focus on the whole of a person and the flow through us that do not have the side effects I read.

Often I find that it is when muscles are used to "push" energy rather than being guide threads, that the symptoms you described occur.

Do you ever find that the tendrils are experienced by others as invasive? I also feel it is important to be aware that while personal energy may be used, other forms of energy can be more beneficial in some situations.

Do you feel that "push pull" work has any similarity to "drawing" work? I am afraid I have not had the same experience with the results from drawing work that you described and I am interested in any opinions you may have on the difference between the two.

I completely agree that a filter system is very important and that it is good to be cautious. I also feel that there are other energies that are very beneficial, such as Johrei, Kolaimni, Chang Sen Xue and Reiki. I feel that the emphasis should be on understanding the different kinds of energy.

I also feel that while any inherent perception bias should be explored, I do not feel that we cannot give readings to those close to us. My experience is that I see what I see- and to ignore it because I may fear being too close to the person is silencing my gift to them through second guessing myself.

My solution has been to examine and listen for the difference between my voice and The Silent Voice.

Thank you ^_^
It would be a good idea to mention the specific forms of energy practice that use muscle.
I do alot of yoga not so much Tantra but how I learned of it was as exercise so I still think of it that way instead of practice. I would agree that through the muscle should be more guiding... not the initial push but more of something it passes through to give it direction.
Most people I've talked to don't have a really good... awareness of the small affects only the major streams as it takes some finesse to pick up on anything else.

Push pull is what I consider most begining energy work. Its like saying I want THIS PUSH PUSH PUSH THIS THIS THIS. Its mostly how it feels to me that I call it that. At its base I guess its drawing work, but its messy.

You have to use more then just emotions... or you have to have highly contextualized emotions.

I'll give an example: I knew a person who was very Angry. They wanted people to suffer so they would think about those people suffering and they would just push for suffering on the part of whomever.

Now this never worked and I can name numerous reasons why. And it has nothing to do with the Morals involved but with the methods the person was using. First they didn't have very specific goals. They were primarily focusing on their emotions and building Power. They built alot of energy in order to create an affect but then they didn't think of the method of what they wanted to do.

Second because they drew soo much energy they lost control of the energy, they took in more then they could hold and they let the energy control them. They had chaotic affects on their immediate environment but couldn't draw much past that. They couldn't navigate the different paths of emotions and while they were sending a ton of negative energy out their it never was given enough direction to reach its target.

Now some people form crude ways of directing energy, but having specific effects in mind and specific ways in which to accomplish a goal and to focus more on shaping flows seems to have better affects and you can also use less energy and adapt the knowledge to mroe situations. Again some of the stuff I wrote is more a personal style thing... but watching people use Strict push pull or strict channeling... can be a bit frustrating. I prefere it when people use both. Though I have to have alot of admirations for some peoples subconscious' for being able to direct all that mass of chaos into something usable.

As to the beneficial energies, again this is more for people who are starting out. And reading people were close to is something I suggest doing after periods of time. Like people will get their... just when they start thats not the first thing you should probably start with until you get a good feel for what peoples energies might be. Until you have a good grasp and a basic understanding caution and self regulation seems to be best to avoid some of the basic mistakes.

After you know what your doing I think its perfectly fine to not shield when you can trust the energy, and its fine to trust your readings when you know people. I mean the people your closest to sometimes you can pick up the most amount of information because of the closeness between you. They are also the people you'd most likely be constantly reading whether you meant to or not because they are where your natural will lays. I do advocate second guessing yourself as well though just to confirm what your reading so you don't presume on others.  

Ishtar Shakti

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:20 am
Ishtar Shakti
Shearaha

Well mostly just things I've gathered through my own work and hearing complaint after complaint after complaint. And some comical hyjinx and some not so comical... There is Way more but this is just the most repetitive stuff

Some of the things are a matter of personal preference and style as some of the things on the list don't automatically lead to problems. Like having an open energy and allowing energy to move freely without a shield or a filter has some positive benefit for doing energy work but the problems that come up when dealing with other peoples energy and it mucking up and affecting your internal system can be a bit difficult.
Its a matter of Degree usually... but its good to urge people to be cautious? Most people aren't completely open or closed whether they are aware of it or not *shrug*

Such as having a filter or a shield in place can leave you ill prepared for when their are surges of energy (not like this is all too common here) So usually I have breakers, or multiple layered shields, they absorb energy and if one gets over loaded theirs one behind it. Its a good method for dealing with that. Its a hassle and they usually aren't needed so can fall into disrepair if unused.

So open energy is good for being in tune and keeping track of information easily and for access purposes and being able to draw on energy easily but it leaves you open for other spirits to feed you information etc. Generally speaking I open my energy up depending on where I am and my perceived level of safety and ability to relax etc.

I was just wondering. You have some very different ways of working energy then I do, and I was curious as to where you had gathered this information.
Do you work on a personal or locational basis?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:04 am
I really think that a lot of this will depend on what sort of energy work one is doing. As Shea said, your type of energy work seems vastly different than what I've been doing over the last 10 years. A lot of what you've written doesn't really apply to what I do.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 am
Shearaha
Ishtar Shakti
Shearaha

I was just wondering. You have some very different ways of working energy then I do, and I was curious as to where you had gathered this information.
Do you work on a personal or locational basis?

I had mostly gathered the information through personal energy use, subconscious knowledge, interacting with spirits, copying things, comparing energy systems, and talking with alot of people.
I don't know quite what your asking.
I think if I know what your saying I work on both? I work on a location basis meaning I work with the energy of specific places.

I also do alot of work mapping interpersonal relationships and energy. I do alot of work with individuals and following links between people and reading associations there.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 am
too2sweet
I really think that a lot of this will depend on what sort of energy work one is doing. As Shea said, your type of energy work seems vastly different than what I've been doing over the last 10 years. A lot of what you've written doesn't really apply to what I do.
What do you do?  

Ishtar Shakti

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:54 am
Ishtar Shakti

Thank you ^_^
It would be a good idea to mention the specific forms of energy practice that use muscle.
I do alot of yoga not so much Tantra but how I learned of it was as exercise so I still think of it that way instead of practice. I would agree that through the muscle should be more guiding... not the initial push but more of something it passes through to give it direction.
May I inquire as to which styles of yoga you practice?

Ishtar Shakti
Most people I've talked to don't have a really good... awareness of the small affects only the major streams as it takes some finesse to pick up on anything else.
I feel this is often not as much about not being aware, but instead they are aware on an intuitive level- but not in an active way. I often liken it to the differences between the left-brain and right-brain functions.

I have also found that people who have dominate traits relating to one manifestation of thought will often experience their energy work in relation to that.

Ishtar Shakti
Push pull is what I consider most begining energy work. Its like saying I want THIS PUSH PUSH PUSH THIS THIS THIS. Its mostly how it feels to me that I call it that. At its base I guess its drawing work, but its messy.

I do not feel this description fits drawing work. Instead, it's just the opposite of drawing work.

Ishtar Shakti
You have to use more then just emotions... or you have to have highly contextualized emotions.

I'll give an example: I knew a person who was very Angry. They wanted people to suffer so they would think about those people suffering and they would just push for suffering on the part of whomever.

Now this never worked and I can name numerous reasons why. And it has nothing to do with the Morals involved but with the methods the person was using. First they didn't have very specific goals. They were primarily focusing on their emotions and building Power. They built alot of energy in order to create an affect but then they didn't think of the method of what they wanted to do.

Second because they drew soo much energy they lost control of the energy, they took in more then they could hold and they let the energy control them. They had chaotic affects on their immediate environment but couldn't draw much past that. They couldn't navigate the different paths of emotions and while they were sending a ton of negative energy out their it never was given enough direction to reach its target.
I feel this seems to be more in addressing a single person's inability to be effective. My reasoning is that I have met many people who do just this and to great effect. I have heard it called Glamer, and I promise that is not a misspelling.

Ishtar Shakti
Now some people form crude ways of directing energy, but having specific effects in mind and specific ways in which to accomplish a goal and to focus more on shaping flows seems to have better affects and you can also use less energy and adapt the knowledge to mroe situations. Again some of the stuff I wrote is more a personal style thing... but watching people use Strict push pull or strict channeling... can be a bit frustrating. I prefere it when people use both.
I have felt that way too in the past.

I came to the understanding that the Soul's intention may need a specific style and experience in order to progress. Once I found that their lessons were not my own, a good deal of that frustration passed and I found myself able to help them much better.

Ishtar Shakti
As to the beneficial energies, again this is more for people who are starting out. And reading people were close to is something I suggest doing after periods of time. Like people will get their... just when they start thats not the first thing you should probably start with until you get a good feel for what peoples energies might be. Until you have a good grasp and a basic understanding caution and self regulation seems to be best to avoid some of the basic mistakes.

I feel it might be helpful to others if these points were mentioned earlier. It may save some confusion since when I read the first post, I felt like these claims were intended to be universal.

If we note that this is a guideline for beginners and is based on personal experiences, it may save some time.

Ishtar Shakti
I do advocate second guessing yourself as well though just to confirm what your reading so you don't presume on others.

I do not feel that "second guessing" is as helpful as insightful questioning. To me, second guessing is usually about a lack of self confidence, and it isn't the lack of self confidence that causes as many problems as it's the perspective that my louder thoughts have to be right because they are drowning out the quieter thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:57 am
I was more asking if your energy work was concentrated on dealing with individuals -personal based- or dealing with locations.
For example I have my personal shields that I have up and active all the time and they move with me. I also have wards which are placed around my home. I can take them down and put them up but they are for that specific location.
I know some energy workers who only work with their own energys or only through their own bodies. Most of what I do concerns wards around the home and vehicles that we travel in. The wards are attached to those inanimate objects and need no biological feedback to maintain their function.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:20 pm
Shearaha
I was more asking if your energy work was concentrated on dealing with individuals -personal based- or dealing with locations.
For example I have my personal shields that I have up and active all the time and they move with me. I also have wards which are placed around my home. I can take them down and put them up but they are for that specific location.
I know some energy workers who only work with their own energys or only through their own bodies. Most of what I do concerns wards around the home and vehicles that we travel in. The wards are attached to those inanimate objects and need no biological feedback to maintain their function.

Oh I do both ^_^ Mostly I only do self sustaining wards that rely on ambient energy for things which I don't either actively work with often. I have my personal shields and then I have certain things which I consider personal that need my direct energy to use.
I mostly create self sustaining or location based though. I have a tendency to move from one thing to another and its better for me to create a sustainable spell that will last years without any personal investment. It means I don't have to recreate the spell every time I need it. It usually goes into a sort of dormant stage when not in use.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:32 pm
Quote:
May I inquire as to which styles of yoga you practice?

I was told it was Hatha yoga? Oh that and taibo though thats something different it still works pretty well for exercise and channeling. I also dance so its not just yoga. I mostly just focus on the basic stretches I don't do any of the Tantric and I usually don't have enough time to do many prolonged stretches.

Quote:
Ishtar Shakti
I feel this is often not as much about not being aware, but instead they are aware on an intuitive level- but not in an active way. I often liken it to the differences between the left-brain and right-brain functions.

Its hard to tell whats subconcious and whats intuitive?

Quote:
I have also found that people who have dominate traits relating to one manifestation of thought will often experience their energy work in relation to that.

Expand?

Quote:
Ishtar Shakti

I do not feel this description fits drawing work. Instead, it's just the opposite of drawing work.

Well I wasn't sure what you meant by drawing work. In order to have that Push they generally Are taking in energy from the entirety of their suroundings weakening the structure of things which they are touching draining the people around them etc. The energy comes from somewhere... though perhaps you could expand upon your definition?

Quote:
I feel this seems to be more in addressing a single person's inability to be effective. My reasoning is that I have met many people who do just this and to great effect. I have heard it called Glamer, and I promise that is not a misspelling.

Its been multiple peoples inabilities to be effective. Generally it does have an effect the effect is pervasive but usually lacks direction. It has a greater affect in a small vicinity... usually in a place where the person is actually on some level doing more subtle work without their express knowledge, this is where its difficult to track where subconscious vs. intuitive abilities come in. It seems to be effective in the cases I've run into where the person had some natural ability or subconscious knowledge of systems. Like I Used to do exactly what I described where I would be highly emotional and focus on the outcome without how to achieve the outcome and the outcome would be achieved but then when I started getting more involved I realized the only reason I was effective was because I was using skills I hadn't actually learned myself but that I had learned in the past

I'll answert the rest latter  

Ishtar Shakti

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:22 pm
Ishtar Shakti
too2sweet
What do you do?

Primarily Reiki, though at this point I tend to do my own thing that isn't quite as structured, but that is where my training is based.

Brass Bell Doll
I feel it might be helpful to others if these points were mentioned earlier. It may save some confusion since when I read the first post, I felt like these claims were intended to be universal.

If we note that this is a guideline for beginners and is based on personal experiences, it may save some time.

This ^^  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces