Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
It's a girl thing treaty,the girls' code, and much more! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:43 pm
Ok,so i wanted to make some sort of treaty thing that all of us women/girls/teens could write together. I got this idea from a magazine,just so you'll know 3nodding

Oh and feel free to post anything you want to add and i'll add it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:48 pm
The Treaty
-------------

I Vow Too....

RosesFallingLikeRain
'I will ask for beauty tips to improve what I dislike about myself'.

Resolve to simply say thank you when I recieve a compliment and my looks.

Love the things about my face. Embrace that my face is unique

Stop spending hours in front of a mirror focusing on what I don't like. The most beautiful thing about me is what's inside

Love myself for who i am

Be independant and individual!

RosesFallingLikeRain

Adding to the Number one in the 'I vow to' section:

Instead of 'Never use the word ugly to describe myself', I think maybe we could have 'I will ask for beauty tips to improve what I dislike about myself'.

Because honestly, there's always going to be something we don't like about ourselves. If we think it is ugly, we have every right to describe ourselves as such. Like dry skin, or always chapped lips, or acne, but instead of them whining about it, they should instead ask for tips on dealing with their less lovable features. They can ask for good moisturizer, tips on remembering to apply it, Lip chap, or good acne treatments.
If what they have is something that can't be fixed, try asking for ways to draw attention away from that specific feature.

psychic_pandas
Let us all abide by the rule: girls are the same so let us not let our oppisite (males) turn us against one another.

basically for ex. if you find your man is cheating on you, don't get mad at teh other girl, get mad at him!!!!!!!!!! she is just a fellow victim

MangoTangoxP

To always make another's disbelief in my own skill, simply a challenge to overcome.

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:50 pm
The Girls' Code:

Be Loyal to your friends

If your friend hooks up with a guy you think is cheating or is bad,you must tell her

Honesty is the best policy

Muffin of Magic

"Any talk of periods and 'that time of the month' is strictly confidential, and should not be shared with boys."

xXNeverWantedToDanceXx

"Tell them when they need to fix something (e.g. makeup creased), because a real friend will tell you."

Muffin of Magic
SarahlovesDavidH
"Any talk of periods and 'that time of the month' is strictly confidential, and should not be shared with boys."

I kinda disagree with this. I have guy friends who I can talk to about this and it's not uncomfortable or anything. If you just stay away from the immature guys, it's alright.
╔══════════════╗

☞ That makes sense. Maybe it could be changed to '... is private, and be careful which boys you share information with.' Because there are some girls who just throw 'monthly' gossip around, and I can just see the boys' brain cells dying and their respect of girls diminishing. ☜

╚══════════════╝

Quote:

No girl may date her friend's; exs, past crushes, guys who have humiliated/used her and guys she currently fancies... Acceptions to rule: a) Your friend has given you permission/ couldn't care less b) The said fancying/going out happened before the age of puberty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:51 pm
Favorite Quotes' :

Do you have a favorite quote? Post below and i'll put it here.

" Judge not and you will not be judged "

Mistress Amy Rose
"A positive attitude may not work out, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Delicately Handled
"It's not on the outside that matters in a girl, it what they're like and how they act."

TheAbomidableToaster

Quotes you can pick and choose as you like I guess. These are some feminism quotes I found scouring the internet.

Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes." ~Clare Boothe Luce

Man endures pain as an undeserved punishment; woman accepts it as a natural heritage. ~Author Unknown

I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a b***h, okay. ~Madonna Ciccone

Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths. ~Lois Wyse

To tell a woman everything she may not do is to tell her what she can do. ~Spanish Proverb

I am beautiful as I am. I am the shape that was gifted. My breasts are no longer perky and upright like when I was a teenager. My hips are wider than that of a fashion model's. For this I am glad, for these are the signs of a life lived. ~Cindy Olsen

"Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose." ~Helen Keller

AThousandLullabies

here's some awesome quotes:
"Friendship is just a word but my girls give it a meaning"
i don't know. a girl in my school put it in the yearbook.

"My Girls: Personalities? Incredible. Our times together? Unforgettable. Smiles? so memorable. Their friendship? Irreplaceable."

"There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out."
-Mae West

Muffin of Magic

☞ Lillian Helman - No one can argue any longer about the rights of women. It's like arguing about earthquakes.

Faith Whittlesey - Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

X_The_Curtain_Call_X
I have a quote :]

Farrah Fawcett: "God made man stronger but not necessarily more intelligent. He gave women intuition and femininity. And, used properly, that combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met."

MangoTangoxP

Quote: "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." - Timothy Leary

bluefairy4ever
I have some quotes I'd like to add.
________________________________________________________________________________

''Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in return.''
-- Peace Pilgrim

''Sometimes questions are more important than answers.''
-- Nancy Willard

''Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.''
-- Ingrid Bergman

''The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.''
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

''The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.''
-- Jennifer Aniston

''The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.''
-- Barbara De Angelis

''The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.''
-- Maureen Dowd

''When Life gives you lemons, make a coke and leave the world wondering how the heck you did it.''
-- Chilling2 - A Gaia member of this guild!

Pucelle
My Quote

" Love is Painfull. The more your feeling grow, the more agonizing it becomes "

X_The_Curtain_Call_X
More Quotes!:

"Girls do what they want... Boys do what they can..." ~The Maine, "Girls Do What They Want"

"Women are always beautiful." ~Ville Valo

"You start out happy that you have no hips or boobs. All of a sudden you get them, and it feels sloppy. Then just when you start liking them, they start drooping." ~Cindy Crawford

"Women get the last word in every argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument." ~Author Unknown

"A man is as good as he has to be, and a woman is as bad as she dares." ~Elbert Hubbard

Avaerie

“If a man talks bad about all women, it usually means he was burned by one woman.”
--- Coco Chanel

"A woman who cannot be ugly is not beautiful."
--- Karl Kraus

"No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't."
--- Marilyn Monroe

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:53 pm
Girls' who signed the treaty:

TinyAngelGirl

Sioga

Mistress Amy Rose

Twilight On The Way

Muffin of Magic

TenshiMystic57

Miss Sonata

NightStarzCat

X_The_Curtain_Call_X

Delicately Handled

Zilvrae

TheAbomidableToaster

AThousandLullabies

Skye waz here

xxSpam_In_A_Canxx

PANDA reading a BOOK

MangoTangoxP

bluefairy4ever

xXNeverWantedToDanceXx

-Complete Contradiction-

Loving_The_King_Of_Pop

twistedmx

Persian Tigress

MistyAngel2

keirajasmin

Avaerie

Mysterykeshi

Dame Sesquipedalian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:57 pm
Other:

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200

Muffin of Magic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm
╔══════════════╗

☞ Muffin of Magic

Can I add to the code? "Any talk of periods and 'that time of the month' is strictly confidential, and should not be shared with boys." This is because a classmate of mine decided to give a group of boys a tampon to play with. Not cool. ☜

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:58 am
Sure! I put it up there :3  

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200

Lady Alchemy Gothic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:08 am
Definately a good idea,needs more on it though

but i'll sign it  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:11 am
I will sign. biggrin  

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

Crystalized Soul

4,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:14 am
I'll sign  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:14 am
--Anorexic beauty queen, with painted eyes so toxic...--

Instead of 'Never use the word ugly to describe myself', I think maybe we could have 'I will ask for beauty tips to improve what I dislike about myself'.

Because honestly, there's always going to be something we don't like about ourselves. If we think it is ugly, we have every right to describe ourselves as such. Like dry skin, or always chapped lips, or acne, but instead of them whining about it, they should instead ask for tips on dealing with their less lovable features. They can ask for good moisturizer, tips on remembering to apply it, Lip chap, or good acne treatments.
If what they have is something that can't be fixed, try asking for ways to draw attention away from that specific feature.

--...Flowers painted on her back, centerfold erotic--

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

Mistress Amy Rose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:26 am
I sign! And, heres a quote my friend told me "A positive attitude may not work out, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:02 am
╔══════════════╗

☞ Sorry. I thought I had made it clear that I wanted to sign. Here's my signature! -scrawls on Code with quill- ☜

╚══════════════╝

Muffin of Magic

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:55 am
RosesFallingLikeRain
--Anorexic beauty queen, with painted eyes so toxic...--

--...Flowers painted on her back, centerfold erotic--

Good point  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas