Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 2590 2591 2592 2593 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:49 pm
Now begins the fun part! Creating the story!

Remember these important facts:
Mrs. Peacock owns the Lead Pipe.
Miss Scarlet owns the Wrench.
Mrs. White owns the Rope.
Colonel Mustard owns the Revolver.
Professor Plum owns the Knife.
Mr. Green owns the Candlestick.

Professor Plum killed Miss Scarlet with the Lead Pipe in the Dining Room.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:58 pm
Several black limos drove in front of the Broddy mansion. The driver of limo in the back, opened the passenger door facing the mansion. Out of the limo came two women. The first was a high-strung woman, who wore a disapproving look upon her face. Looking up at the mansion before her, she gave a slight sneer towards the look of the place, before turning to look at the other woman who followed her.
"Miss Scarlet, are you sure this is the place?" asked the woman.
"Yes, Mrs. Peacock," replied Miss Scarlet.
"What a dreadful place," state the woman, turning back to the mansion. "Look at how pathetic looking those flowers are."
Miss Scarlet did not respond to Mrs. Peacock's statement, though the faint blush on her face, showed her embarrassment of her boss' ill-bringing. She personally didn't find anything wrong with the mansion they would be staying at. It looked well kept and the flowers looked healthy. However, Miss Scarlet knew that nothing would ever compare to Mrs. Peacock's own home.
"My dear, try not to make this stay dreadful for the rest of us," said a man walking over to Mrs. Peacock, wearing a yellow military uniform. "We all know your sense of taste, being friends and dear acquaintances of yours. But unfortunately we can not always get the same environment we love dearly, every where we go."
"You speak true words, Colonel," replied Mrs. Peacock.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:19 pm
Blah blah blah... okay, you get the idea. I'll just cut to the chase... or shall I say cut to the events leading up to the murder scene and what not.

---

Upon the ringing of the bell, Mrs. White appeared to take away the empty dishes of their supper. As soon as she finished cleaning up and disappearing from the room, Mrs. Peacock sighed loudly of boredom and turned to the others.
"Shall we go into the lounge?" she asked.
"Very well," replied Colonel Mustard, getting up from his seat and walking behind Mrs. Peacock towards the doorway of the dining room. Coming to Mr. Green's side, he begun a conversation with him.
Professor Plum had lingered behind, along with Miss Scarlet. However, their intentions were completely different. Miss Scarlet was doing it only because of manners. Being of her status [a secretary], she only thought it natural to let the others go before her. At least, that's how she become accustomed to doing whenever someone visited at Mrs. Peacock's residence.
Seeing that Miss Scarlet was about to leave the dining room, Professor Plum took a slightly nervous step forward and called out.
"Miss Scarlet... may, may I have a word?"
Miss Scarlet turned around and looked at Professor Plum with a quizzical look.
"I, I was wondering if we could talk. On a casual basis, that is," continued Professor Plum, slowly drawing closer to Miss Scarlet.
"I hope this won't take very long. I'm sure Mrs. Peacock will be needing my assistance," said Miss Scarlet.
"Oh," said Professor Plum. "Well, I don't know what she would need your help for. Seeing as she's only visiting with Colonel Mustard and Mr. Green at the moment. I can't think of anything she would need you for."
"I understand your logic, but you don't know Mrs. Peacock like I do," said Miss Scarlet.

Blah... blah... blah... Fast forwarding to the murder scene. whee

Professor Plum quickly grabbed onto Miss Scarlet's wrist, keeping her from walking away. She looked back at him with fire in her eyes.
"Let go of me!" she yelled.
"I don't know why you're making such a fuss," said Professor Plum, pulling her closer to him.
After some struggling, Professor Plum pushed her up against the wall, next to one of the counters in the dining room. Miss Scarlet turned her head away as he tried to advance another kiss, and as a result, noticed that her wrench was laying near by, next to Mrs. Peacock's lead pipe. She slowly reached her hand out and once she got a hold of it, she whacked Professor Plum over the head with it.
He staggered back holding his head, looking at her at surprise. As soon as he adjusted to the throbbing pain, he rushed towards her.

*sighs*

Okay this is taking too long...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 pm
Basically there's the struggle between Professor Plum advancing on Miss Scarlet, who finds her attractive. Miss Scarlet tries everything she can to get him away - whacking him with her wrench. Which he ends up knocking out her hand. There's an appearance of the knife as some point... but because of the iron pipe being near by, Miss Scarlet is able to knock it out of his hand. Professor Plum attacks once again, and ends up killing her.

The others have gone to bed by now... so they don't find out what's happened until the morning when they come down for breakfast.

So yeah...  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:23 pm
But anyway you get the idea of where I was going with it. And you wouldn't have to keep the Clue characters name. You could create your own characters and attach them to which ever Clue character you want... and create a story that way.

Definitely is a nice way of getting inspiration for a story, I think. And if you're anything like me... as you've already seen... you get really into the details... and results in a very long story... even to a novel lenth. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 pm
I really should work on some of my own stories that I've started. Like that one I mentioned awhile back... the one where I thought Johnny and Robert would be perfect for playing the twins. At least in the "movie" version in my mind. xd  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:33 pm
I can't remember what movie I was watching... but one of the special features was an interview like thing... and the screenwriter was talking about the quote of "you should write what you know" and what not.

After I heard that, I automatically started thinking of the story I mentioned above. Originally I planned on having my main female character being a photographer for some magazine. But now... I'm thinking I'll just have her be a photographer who works for herself. And being a popular photographer, she ends up having a gallery showing in New York... and possibly also other gallery showings over on the West Coast as well - which would explain why she has to keep jumping back and forth between the coasts. And the only reason why she ends up spending two weeks in New York for the one time, is because she doesn't have any showings going on during the time on the West Coast.

So yeah... that's what I plan on doing. Mostly because I would be "writing what know". I know about photography. I know about galleries. I know about traveling to other places. The thing I don't know very much about is working in a magazine, office environment. So... yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:37 pm
*shrugs* So yeah...  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:42 pm
Well... I'm going to head off.

I decided to work a bit more on my story before dinner is ready.

So talk to you later.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 am
Good morning!  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:06 am
The best thing about doing your school project on Jane Austen's Emma is that it gives you an excuse to read the novel and watch the BBC version again. 3nodding

I'm about 1/2-2/3 the way through the novel Emma right now. It's a pretty fast read. Very similar formatting style as Pride & Prejudice.

Sort of interesting how much that easy-flowing style contrasts with Persuasion. But I suppose that could be because Persuasion was Austen's last complete novel... and it was published after her death. So in other words, Austen never got around to revising it like she did with the other novels of hers. It's possible that it could've been nice and easy-flowing if she did her revising to it. At least... that's how I feel about it anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 am
So yeah...

Tomorrow one of my college friends is having a Marriage/Going Away party. My friend and her partner just recently got domestic partnership - so in a way, they're married ((since marriage isn't legal here)). And the two of them are moving over to Indiana at the end of this month.

So that's going to fun seeing some old faces. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:22 am
Not really sure what I want to do today. I'll probably finish reading Emma, so that's out of the way. Then probably watch the BBC Emma version again, if I feel like it.

Might look at the book "Jane Austen In Context" for information about stuff I need for my presentation, if I feel like it.

*shrugs*

Just a do-whatever day for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:24 am
I do my presentation on next Thursday - first day of presentations. 3nodding My teacher said that those of us who decide to go on the first day will get a grade bump. biggrin I'm sure I have an A or whatever in that class... but still. It'll be nice to get it done and over with.

Just have to make sure I reach the 10 minute mark though. I hope I'll be able to do that.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:26 am
La di da...

I'm going to go take a shower.

Be back in a bit.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 2590 2591 2592 2593 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games