Welcome to Gaia! ::

Complete Booty

Back to Guilds

Complete list of the best tanks on gaia & Complete guide on booty grab 

Tags: Booty, Booty grab, gold, rich, guide 

Reply Complete Booty
Manny, Societal and Kenshin chat thread --- others welcome Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Infamous Manny-kun

Profitable Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:01 pm
Gaia now has over 17000+ glitched fish. Way to go Gaia XD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:26 pm
mishyrawr
I am bothered that some people don't understand but I have given up on asserting my opinion with them. I have, however, figured this:

It has been brought to my attention that we may have to strike longer than a week. The admins may think it'll just pass. The strike may not gain enough momentum and we may be doing exactly what Gaia wants despite the fact that they are losing money. Inflation may go down a bit which is thought to be the reason of the nerf to many users. (Are people misunderstanding the reason for the strike despite having it clear as water? The opposing side truly believes the reason why our tanks were nerfed to decrease inflation and that it's our fault for buying pixels. We agreed to the ToS but it doesn't mean that we don't have rights to a notice that the value of certain items have been changed.)

EDIT: Of the three people I have talked to that oppose the strike, they don't assert their opinions because it has gotten "boring" despite the fact that they brought it up. .__. I don't get people.
Hey, maybe I'm not getting gold from my tank now, but my fish aren't getting any older, so at least I'm not losing gold due to lower glow times. If I keep my fish out of my tank and glow times go up, I see it as a profit as I can't profit on any of my new tanks with the horrible glow time.  

Societal Downfall
Crew

Societal Downfall
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:28 pm
It is good to see that the news has spread so well. You can see from sales in the MP that at least people are starting to know that you can't profit by buying fish in the MP and people aren't losing hundreds of thousands of gold now smile

If nothing else, I want to help other users who aren't that 'in the know' and keep them from losing gold by buying inflated MP fish.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:31 pm
This is my rational stance to those who think the strike is a greedy move.

Also, I put a simple suggestion that gaia could use to remove 40% of gold from the booty grab generation without impacting tank owners or changing glow times. I have seen a lot of people attack us on the strike recently and I find most of it is rude and insulting and unfounded. So this is my counter to those who think we are being greedy by being on strike.  

Societal Downfall
Crew

Lord Uesugi Kenshin
Crew

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:50 am
The Infamous Manny-kun
I'm not. The Strike is pointless, and all your complaints won't do a thing because the TOS is going to trump all of your complaints. If the TOS didn't mean a thing, Gaia would have been sued many times by now. Good luck in trying though.

in many states "terms of service" are not applicable  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:51 am
The Infamous Manny-kun
Gaia now has over 17000+ glitched fish. Way to go Gaia XD

lol xd  

Lord Uesugi Kenshin
Crew

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The Infamous Manny-kun

Profitable Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:06 am
Even if that is true Kenshin, I still believe that this strike won't do a thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:08 am
The Infamous Manny-kun
Even if that is true Kenshin, I still believe that this strike won't do a thing.

something has already been accomplished, more people are aware of Gaia's deceptive tactics... that's a victory in itself, albeit small wink  

Lord Uesugi Kenshin
Crew

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Societal Downfall
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:05 pm
The Infamous Manny-kun
That's your thought. But really, as long as we convince enough other users to strike with us, it will make a difference. If you want to sit on the sidelines and try to profit during our strike, that is your choice. Really, how are we going to get gaia to listen to our position if we don't get together?

They have proved that the don't listen to us. So, if we continue to gain more momentum that ever before, they will listen to us. The strike on aquariums keeps the discussion alive and forces people to talk about it. The less tanks that people can find to play booty grab on, the more 'annoyed' they get and the more they talk about it.

Considering that they have responded to pressure by a large number of users on many other issues, there is no reason why they won't respond to us with enough users complaining.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:04 pm
Nevermind. I am apparently a bad guy in all this because I don't want to join the Strike. I don't want to speak about this anymore. Good luck with your Strike.  

The Infamous Manny-kun

Profitable Tycoon

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:17 pm
Societal Downfall
The Infamous Manny-kun
That's your thought. But really, as long as we convince enough other users to strike with us, it will make a difference. If you want to sit on the sidelines and try to profit during our strike, that is your choice. Really, how are we going to get gaia to listen to our position if we don't get together?

They have proved that the don't listen to us. So, if we continue to gain more momentum that ever before, they will listen to us. The strike on aquariums keeps the discussion alive and forces people to talk about it. The less tanks that people can find to play booty grab on, the more 'annoyed' they get and the more they talk about it.

Considering that they have responded to pressure by a large number of users on many other issues, there is no reason why they won't respond to us with enough users complaining.

who said that those of use not participation in the strike are only doing it for profit? there are lots of reasons why some of use are not striking. if it was only for profit why are the strikers still grabbing? this strike could be better organized and have other ways to protest.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:56 am
Hmmm, well I'm not grabbing and I asked all my friends (mostly non tank owners) to support the strike by not grabbing.
That being said, I don't think anyone who isn't striking is a bad guy. Each person has a right to their own opinion and I certainly don't fault them for that.  

HotScoots

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

Lord Uesugi Kenshin
Crew

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am
The Infamous Manny-kun
Nevermind. I am apparently a bad guy in all this because I don't want to join the Strike. I don't want to speak about this anymore. Good luck with your Strike.

I don't think yer a bad guy... i respect your right to not participate and have your own opinion. smile  
Complete Booty

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff