Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fans guild

Back to Guilds

A place for fans of every type to come and hang out. Everyone is welcome. 

Tags: random, role playing, naruto, anime, videogames 

Reply Lifestyle/diary/tell about yourself/DEBATE!
Ahem. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Storm And Stress

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 pm
I figured as a newcomer here I'd post my own little digression on myself.
Where to begin?
Uhm.
Well, let's start off with the basics:
I'm Nabeed. I'm 16. Junior in an Upstate New York high school.
Difficult to identify myself with any particular clique - I suppose I hang around the nerd crew a lot. Figures, eh?
Interests...let's see. These hop around a lot. I guess what's on my plate of fancy right now would be reading, reading, reading. And studying for SAT's, but that's not really an interest, now is it? Eh. But I digress. Among my hobbies are skiing, poetry, and I'd really like to get into archery - seems like fun.
Favorite foods? General Tso's Chicken. Buffalo Chicken Empanada. Philly Cheesesteak. Descending order.
Current life story: Sigh. I'm a Muslim, you see, and weird cultural things kinda impede my progress on great American dreams such as to have a girlfriend by junior year and do all that crazy s**t...
Yeah. So I just had a most pleasing and beautiful and sweet two-month run with another Muslim girl - which proved to be both great and detrimental. Her parents found out and stuff and made her life miserable and we were forced to break up - her parents threatened to send her to boarding school if she continued to have friendly relations with anything with a p***s. She's a freshman. Yeah, don't rape me over that. It was so sweet. We only kissed once and it was both of our first kisses and it was absolutely perfect...more on that if it's wanted knowledge.
I'm looking at several high-class colleges now...trying to keep GPA above 3.8, get an SAT score above 2050. Yeah. It'll be a battle, I guess. So for the past month my life has simply been a recovery from a happiness-shattering breakup but it's not too bad, hm? I guess romantically I'm over her but emotionally I feel that gap - I can't even communicate with her in any whatsoever, so it just won't work to be friends...
I digress again. I am pretty well-to-do in school. Favorite subjects are Physics and English, and it just so happens that those are the two fields I wish to pursue in college.
What else?
I mean I guess you guys could ask me. About stuff.
Right. RP interests.
Right now? I'm in the mood for anything. But normally I prefer modern or sci-fi combat-based RP's, but modern romance floats my boat too. Medieval stuff has been overplayed; it is a sad fact, and it has become tasteless to me that people would prefer punches over guns as weapons because of Wapanese pop-culture depicting guns as generally ineffective weapons unless it's a revolver, in which case only badass (space?) cowboys use them. Magic turns me off I guess - in an RP environment it can get ridiculous; I like to keep it realistic for the most part - a lapse from reality allows too much stupidity when in the form of writing because there is no restriction to imagination. Of course imagination can be turned into resourcefulness in a realistic setting, but many people simply can't do this well?
Well yeah. That's about it.
I like making friends, I guess. ^_^
And...ask me anything else about me and I'll be happy to uh, you know.
Answer.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:06 pm
Since your Muslim, I wanted to ask, what is the passage of safety?
at-t.... forgot the t word...

I'm going into the military, and it probably would be helpful to memorize it.  

Beautus

Storm And Stress

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:09 pm
Passage of safety? Explain what exactly that is by definition and I'll tell you what it is in Islam. I think I have a vague idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 pm
Storm And Stress
Passage of safety? Explain what exactly that is by definition and I'll tell you what it is in Islam. I think I have a vague idea.

The part of the passage where if you say some words, (if jihad is called and your a captured prisoner) you have to be taken in, fed, clothed, and treated like their own... then your told the word of allah, or god, whichever you prefer me calling him, after that your free to go with the promise being you don't join forces against them again

Honestly, if they took me in, id have an open mind, and id also keep the promise and not go back to the military.  

Beautus

Storm And Stress

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:14 pm
Ah!
That.
Ash-hadu a-La Illaha Illa-llahu wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad Ar-Rasullallah.
I hereby bear witness that there is no God but God and I bear witness that Muhammad is his Last Messenger.
Yeah, so this is the declaration of faith - if you say this, no Muslim can touch you, and you can touch no Muslim.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 pm
Storm And Stress
Ah!
That.
Ash-hadu a-La Illaha Illa-llahu wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad Ar-Rasullallah.
I hereby bear witness that there is no God but God and I bear witness that Muhammad is his Last Messenger.
Yeah, so this is the declaration of faith - if you say this, no Muslim can touch you, and you can touch no Muslim.

*sigh* only if there was an abbreviated version, better to memorize the whole thing, shouldn't take me to long.

Thanks tons though, but I heard of a navy seal who said that and was taken in, and treated greatly, and since they upheld their word, he upheld his, and quit the military.  

Beautus

Jin_of_the_thunder

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:17 am
kinda cowedly though isn't it, i mean your supposed to be fighting them but if your caught you're just gonna shed yourself of any previous values you had, just to be treated better than a prisoner and then your gonna quit the army...to be honest mate i don't think you'd be very good in an army.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:55 am
Jin_of_the_thunder
kinda cowedly though isn't it, i mean your supposed to be fighting them but if your caught you're just gonna shed yourself of any previous values you had, just to be treated better than a prisoner and then your gonna quit the army...to be honest mate i don't think you'd be very good in an army.

No its called honor, I have a family, and people who would rather like me alive. If they take me in, I would enter with an open mind, and listen to their word. If they fed me and clothed me and treated me like their own, and told me to leave without harming them again, I would, because when I give my word I keep it.

When I make a promise, to whomever it may be, that is a promise I will keep, and that is commitment.

Having the courage to face those people before saying those words, knowing that, some don't use them, and you could die. That's bravery.

Honor, Courage, Commitment.... These are values of our USMC, so if you don't like the decision I'd make, being truthful to the point where it harms me... Then being honest I really don't like your kind of character.

and honestly, I'd rather say those words than having me or a whole platoon, or squad killed, because I didn't say that...  

Beautus

Jin_of_the_thunder

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Beautus
Jin_of_the_thunder

No its called honor, I have a family, and people who would rather like me alive. If they take me in, I would enter with an open mind, and listen to their word. If they fed me and clothed me and treated me like their own, and told me to leave without harming them again, I would, because when I give my word I keep it.

When I make a promise, to whomever it may be, that is a promise I will keep, and that is commitment.

Having the courage to face those people before saying those words, knowing that, some don't use them, and you could die. That's bravery.

Honor, Courage, Commitment.... These are values of our USMC, so if you don't like the decision I'd make, being truthful to the point where it harms me... Then being honest I really don't like your kind of character.

and honestly, I'd rather say those words than having me or a whole platoon, or squad killed, because I didn't say that...

there's nothing honorable or courageous about it. you're exploiting a loophole in there belief so you can keep your life. and then you keep a promise not to kill them to create a facade of honer.
you've basically said I want to go to war with these people, I want to kill them (maybe as a last result, but kill them none the less) for my beliefs unless i get captured then I'll betray my beliefs, betray whatever reason I was fighting for.
seriously, if this is what you feel why do you want to go out there and fight them in the first place.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:42 pm
Jin_of_the_thunder
Beautus
Jin_of_the_thunder

there's nothing honorable or courageous about it. you're exploiting a loophole in there belief so you can keep your life. and then you keep a promise not to kill them to create a facade of honer.
you've basically said I want to go to war with these people, I want to kill them (maybe as a last result, but kill them none the less) for my beliefs unless i get captured then I'll betray my beliefs, betray whatever reason I was fighting for.
seriously, if this is what you feel why do you want to go out there and fight them in the first place.

I don't want to kill people, what kind of sick ******** wants to do that, for the joy of killing? I think our soldiers are the real enemies in Iraq, we went in there, kicked down their doors, and we started imposing democracy there, if someone came into our country, took down our government, and was setting up something else, I'd be trying to kill them too. I don't betray my beliefs, because I don't believe. I see both sides, and i try to be as unbiased as I can. I've read the passage, and its for those who would rather live, and

Honestly, don't ******** criticize, or run your mouth about s**t about mine, if you don't know who the ******** I am okay?  

Beautus

Faithful desires
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:45 pm
Beautus
Jin_of_the_thunder
Beautus
Jin_of_the_thunder

I don't want to kill people, what kind of sick ******** wants to do that, for the joy of killing? I think our soldiers are the real enemies in Iraq, we went in there, kicked down their doors, and we started imposing democracy there, if someone came into our country, took down our government, and was setting up something else, I'd be trying to kill them too. I don't betray my beliefs, because I don't believe. I see both sides, and i try to be as unbiased as I can. I've read the passage, and its for those who would rather live, and

Honestly, don't ******** criticize, or run your mouth about s**t about mine, if you don't know who the ******** I am okay?

I have to agree with Beatus on this one. I can see the sides as well and I know where it is coming from, I ask thta we not tear down eachother beliefs without knowing where one is coming from.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:33 pm
Beautus
Jin_of_the_thunder
Beautus
Jin_of_the_thunder

hey I'm not crazy bout the war either and this isn't about seeing both sides.
if you believe soldiers are the enemies why do want to be one?  

Jin_of_the_thunder

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100

Beautus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:14 am
Jin_of_the_thunder
Beautus
Jin_of_the_thunder
Beautus
Jin_of_the_thunder

hey I'm not crazy bout the war either and this isn't about seeing both sides.
if you believe soldiers are the enemies why do want to be one?

It may not be the good job, but its protecting my people, and I get to learn more about weapons and tactics, warfare and resources, I get a steady salary, and a college education, it's a good life plan... That's why. I also like the idea of being in the field and seeing and meeting the people we call insurgents.

what the hell is an insurgent...
an every day person, with a will to fight for what they believe in.
The men women and children that oppose us.
now tell me what the uniform is?
because there is none, they're out in the streets with AK47's in their pajamas, trying to fend off an occupation on their soil, so in that sense, are we killing armed civilians? That, in my belief, we are slaughtering mercilessly?

and above all, I get to learn about military weapon making, I'm a communist, remember?

and if you didn't get that, look more into communism, and see why I might need that information some day.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:09 am
editing your post because if i see one more word of judgment again... I'm banning you.

sincerely
-Beautus  

Jin_of_the_thunder

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100

Beautus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:46 am
Jin_of_the_thunder
editing your post because if i see one more word of judgment again... I'm banning you.

sincerely
-Beautus

I posted it.  
Lifestyle/diary/tell about yourself/DEBATE!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games