[FIN] For my part, it was Greek to me (Nyota & Pur) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 am
Early morning was not really Pur'Jed's favorite time to be awake, but she did like to watch the sunrise. Its colors were almost as magnificent as she was, though its lack of purple made it obviously inferior to sunset, if there was ever to be a competition between the two for looks. This morning, however, she'd not woken early in order to see the sunrise, though it was glorious.

This morning, she'd woken in the hopes of catching her sister, Nyota, before she snuck off somewhere to play with strangers. She had plans to demand an explanation for her sister's preference for the lower classes as playmates when there were perfectly good noble cubs for her to play with. Whether she was jealous or simply disapproving was anyone's guess, but she was definitely going to catch her sister in the act and demand an explanation. Oh, yes.

Nyota would be by eventually, she was sure. And so for now she would just have to wait.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm
User Image

Another day, another adventure. At least that's what Nyota was thinking as she slinked out of her home. The last thing she wanted to do was to wake up her mother, cause then there would be an argument over where she was going and who she was seeing. They had had that argument enough that Nyota wanted to avoid it at all costs. She didn't care who she played with, she just wanted to do something interesting. Sure she may be going out and playing with the lower classes just to push her mothers buttons, but she did deep down enjoy visiting those individuals.

With a smile on her face Nyota padded away from her home. Her mind was busy with thoughts of where to go today. It was early still so she could possibly sneak out of the pride lands before anyone noticed her missing. Or maybe she could go see the groundlings. They were always interesting.

She-Ra of Etheria

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm
"Caught you!" Pur exclaimed softly, leaping from her hiding place. Like Nyota, she had no desire to wake her parents. This was a confrontation she wanted to have on her own, without parental figures intervening.

Her leap brought her next to her sister, rather than on top of her or in front of her. Pur wasn't hugely fond of rough-and-tumble games, though she would play them when she was in the right mood. Mostly she preferred games of pretend wherein she was queen and everyone else was her subject. Those were the best kind of games.

"Where are you going?" she asked, trying not to sound like she was making an accusation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 pm
"Caught me?" She questioned her sister as she suddenly jumped out of no where. Nyota was actually surprised to see her sister out here. Especially so early in the morning, Pur always seemed to dislike the mornings. But maybe her sister would play with her. Lowering herself down into a playful stance, fail flicked about as she looked at her sister. But then Pur's question made her think she was not going to play.

"I was going out to play." Nyota told her sister plainly. Where exactly she was headed was still a mystery to her. It was usually wherever her paws took her. Plus her route was often diverted and changed to avoid running to guards. So where she was headed was not always where she ended up going. "Why are you out so early?"

She-Ra of Etheria

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm
"Caught you," Pur agreed smugly, with a pleased flick of her tail. She seemed to have actually surprised her sister, which was unexpected. Her disdain for hunting and fighting games tended to make her unimpressive when it came to sneaking and surprising people most of the time.

Of course Nyota was going out to play. That didn't surprise Pur. However, Pur suspected that she was keeping secrets, deliberately not telling her where she was going. She didn't like when people kept secrets from her. She was just as noble as Nyota, and deserved to know everything her sister knew. Besides, it wasn't nice to keep secrets from family. At least that would be what she told Nyota if the opportunity arose.

"I wanted to catch you before you disappeared," she answered truthfully. Looking down at her gold-tipped paws for inspiration, she fidgeted somewhat until she came up with a way to explain herself more clearly.

"You always seem to enjoy yourself, wherever you go, and I wanted to have fun like that, too." Naturally, it was fine for Pur to lie or keep secrets from family.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Nyota raised herself back up. Well clearly Pur wasn't going to play, how disappointing. Her sister often sat out of any rough housing that she did with her other siblings or her father. Some days Nyota thought Pur was way too much like their mother. Tipping her head to the side as Pur spoke again she listened carefully to what her sister said. Well it seemed like her sister was full of surprises today. "Oh?" She said finally, though there was a definite tone of surprise to her voice.

"Well you can tag along if you want. I can't guarantee we'll find anything fun to do though." Okay, so that was a complete and utter lie, Nyota could find fun in anything or anyone. "OH!" She exclaimed as she got an idea. "We could go play with the groundlings! They are always fun." Nyota knew her sister would disagree with that idea but even if she did chances are that's where Nyota would go.

She-Ra of Etheria

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:35 am
Pur's grin was very pleased indeed. Groundlings! If there was one group of people that Pur particularly enjoyed reminding of her own importance, it was the groundlings. They simply didn't fit in to the pride's society. As far as she was concerned they were given entirely too much freedom, and needed to be reminded from time to time that living outside of the pride didn't mean they weren't subjects of the king.

"All right."

Pur was content to let Nyota lead the way, even though finding the groundlings' forest wasn't terrifically difficult. Her sister could be the leader in this, and maybe Pur could get her to explain to her satisfaction what it was she and her father found so appealing about the commoners.

"Why the groundlings, though? Aren't there...closer people to play with?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 am
Nyota began to lead the way without much hesitation. She bounced along the dirt trail happily. It was all a game to her, which in turn made everything fun. The gold tip of her tail waved about almost like a flag as she continued along, almost forgetting about her sister who followed behind. Then it hit her. "Wait a minute!" She exclaimed before turning around to face her sister.

"Why do you want to come with me? I thought you hated the groundlings." Nyota questioned her siblings. She knew full well that Pur thought lowly of anyone below her rank. So why exactly did she seem so eager to tag along. "And yes there are others closer, but they aren't as fun." Plus they won't make mom mad if I play with them, she added mentally. She couldn't explain why she enjoyed angering her mother over her choice of playmates but Nyota did seem to look for any excuse to get under Maua's skin.

She-Ra of Etheria

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 am
Pur followed Nyota as she bounced along. Her own gait was more sedate, but only marginally so. In order to keep up with someone who's bouncing, it's more or less necessary to assume an unusual gait of one's own, since the speed is somewhere between a walk and a lope. Pur wasn't quite old enough or long enough of limb to manage a graceful lope, and so she was forced to walk, and occasionally jog to keep pace with her sister. Nyota's abrupt about-face took her by surprise and she barely stopped herself in time to avoid running into her sister.

"Hey!" she exclaimed as she sat down to stop her forward momentum. "Warn a person before you do that, would you? What is it?"

Pur's tail twitched irritably at her sister's suspicions. She began with a clarification: "I don't hate the groundlings."

She stilled her tail's twitching with a colossal effort and forced herself to answer her sister's question. It was a fair one. And she really did have a reason for wanting to follow Nyota. She was trying, really trying, to see what the appeal was in spending time with the odd ones. Since Nyota seemed to enjoy it so much, she was an obvious choice for company.

"But I don't like them as much as you do. I'm trying to look at things your way. Father's been at me to see them as more than commoners, and even Mother thinks I should make up my own mind about them." It was unspoken but understood that Maua only felt that way as long as her daughter made up her mind to agree with her. Pur didn't think there was much danger of anything else happening.

"I don't see what makes them more fun than the rest of us, though," she grumbled.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:09 pm
Nyota studied her sister carefully. Why the sudden interest in what she was doing? Oh well, whatever the real reason behind it she wasn't about to let it interrupt her play time. She snorted a bit at Pur. "Mother doesn't want you to make up your mind, she wants you to see things they way she does. And to her anyone below us is worthless. Perhaps you should listen to father." Her eyes turned and she glanced out towards the forest where the groundlings lived. Was there a particular reason she liked playing with them so much. Well yes, but she wasn't sure Pur would approve of that.

"Well," she began as she turned her body and walked in the direction she had been going moments before. "If you must know. I enjoy playing with them because out there rules are more lax. I can do whatever I want, when I want." This was the major appeal to Nyota. She may be of Noble blood, but she certainly didn't want to be tied down to the drudgery of that life. Not yet at least. With a little spring in her step she glanced back at Pur. "Besides, it makes mother so mad when I do it." A smile crossed her maw before she turned her attention back to where she was going.

She-Ra of Etheria

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:15 am
Pur held still while her sister studied her, keeping her green gaze level. One thing she'd never had any difficulty doing was meeting others' gazes, though she didn't approve of when lower classes tried to meet her eyes. They should drop their gaze to the ground when she passed unless she gave them permission to do otherwise. That was the appropriate way to show respect to nobility such as herself. Maua had said so.

"I know that's what she wants," Pur replied. "And it may be that I end up taking her side. But I don't want anyone to say in the future that I never even made an attempt to understand the commoners or to get along with them."

The interrogation portion over for the moment, Pur fell into step a little behind Nyota, unconsciously grateful that her sister had decided to walk. Walking was a dignified gait that presented no problems for Pur. Meanwhile, she listened to Nyota explain what she liked about playing with the groundlings and tried not to frown. It wasn't a disapproving frown that kept trying to form, but rather one of confusion. Nobles could do whatever they wanted, too. That was kind of the point.

"It is interesting to see mother get angry after you've gone off to be with the commoners," Pur admitted. And whenever it happened she was very, very glad it wasn't her bearing the brunt of their mother's ire. This time, however, she might end up being a recipient, too, which was a less than appealing thought.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 am
Nyota turned and faced her sister. But instead of coming to an abrupt stop like she had last time, she merely walked backwards. Sure it was somewhat awkward to do, but this way she could keep going in the direction of the groundlings forest and talk to her sister. "I know you will pick her side. That's just the way you are." Her pace slowed a bit, it was hard to walk backwards and hold a conversation and not run into anything or anyone for that matter.

A smile slowly crossed her maw. "You do realize that she will get angry with you if we get caught. Especially if we get caught by the guards." Nyota had been caught by the guards enough times trying to sneak away that she knew that was by far the worse punishment. Her mother got both extremely mad and embarrassed when her daughter was brought home by the guards. And since it had happened on more than one occasion the yelling just got worse each time.

It would actually be kind of entertaining to see Maua yell at Pur. Especially since Pur tried to be a good little noble instead of a rebel like Nyota was. Maybe Nyota would deliberately walk into a guard just to see how her mother would react to the news that Pur was trying to sneak away. Chances are she would just blame Nyota for it and yell even more at her, but it was worth a shot right. "So are you ready for this?" She asked, her smile growing a bit bigger.

She-Ra of Etheria

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 am
Pur frowned and argued automatically, even though her sister was probably right. Today, at least, she really was trying to see what was so great about the commoners, and it wasn't fair of Nyota to say she knew how things would come out.

"You don't know for sure. I might really like them. Maybe I'll even marry one someday," she responded, not thinking her words through beyond the fact that they were in opposition to what Nyota said. She didn't like the way Nyota said that.

"And I don't care if she does get angry. I'm not afraid of her or the guards." She was basing this little display of temper on the fact that Nyota never seemed particularly perturbed when the guards brought her home, or when their mother took her to task for it, and Pur was confident she could be at least as nonchalant as her sister, even if she wasn't as practiced at it.

"So let's do this." She bared her teeth in something that was almost a grin, but closer to a grimace. She had a very strong feeling that this would not turn out well and she would not achieve much understanding of her sister's unusual preferences.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 pm
"Alright then." She said as she spun around gracefully to once again face in the direction she was walking. Now she could move faster, which was important is they were to avoid any patrolling guards. Chances were they would be expecting her to come by sometime today so they would be watching all her normal spots. Well that was fine, Nyota knew of many of routes to get to the groundlings area. "But don't say I didn't warn you if mother get mad over this."

She slower her pace a bit, looking around for a guard. Good they weren't here right now. "Hurry!" She told her sister and then dashed across the large open area they had come upon. If they made it through this spot they would be free to reach the groundlings with no trouble. Her eyes glanced in both directions as she ran fast and could only hope that Pur would keep up.

Diving into a patch of brush Nyota waited for her sister to arrive before letting out a small laugh. She had done it, she had made it past that critical point where the guards normally caught her. "It's all clear from here." Nyota said with a nod of her head. It wasn't often she saw guards out this far, unless her mother had sent them looking for her. Turning she pushed her way out of the brush and led the way towards the forest that the groundlings called home. "Now, you can stay with me as long as you don't treat them like they are worthless. You do that and you can just head home. These are my friends after all."

She-Ra of Etheria

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:50 am
"I'm not afraid," Pur reiterated, but she didn't sound very convincing as she looked over her shoulder for signs that someone was watching them.

Nevertheless, she followed her sister unhesitatingly until they reached the edge of a large, open area. She recognized it as the divider between where they should be and where they should not be. She stopped at the edge while Nyota charged ahead, weighing the consequences. However, she didn't pause for too long, knowing she would be called a coward if she did. She ground her teeth and scampered across the open area, running as quickly as she could until she tumbled into the brush Nyota had vanished into.

She crouched there, panting softly for several seconds while she collected herself. That had been exhilarating. She wasn't sure if she was looking forward to the return trip or not. A person could only take so much excitement and terror in one day. Not that she was quite sure why she'd been terrorized by the prospect of being caught. She was nobility after all. Reminding herself of this soothed her nerves and caused her fur to lie flat once more. She felt much more dignified, and much more herself. Good.

"I won't treat them like they're worthless if they don't do anything to make me think they are," Pur promised. It was the best she was willing to do. After all, she was only here to investigate. If they proved disappointing, she felt within her rights make that known. "But, if it will make you feel better, if I find them worthless, I will leave, rather than tell them so. Does that sound fair?"

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff