Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
fertility?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deadlymuse15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 am
I went to the lifestyles forum with this, and basically got called stupid. So I'm hoping to find help here :]

I have had cysts on my overies for some time now, and because they aren't going away and have caused some major pain, my doctor put me on birth control last year. I have been taking it constantly, but I'm worried.

I started bleeding really bad, and got the severe pains, so I went to the doctor and he put me on a new medicine. The thing is, I'm still bleeding, like...big clots (TMI, sorry).

Could this cause me to become infertile? I adore children, and really want a few when I get older.

Any suggestions on how to treat it?

Thanks

Edit: The doctor knows about the clots. he basically just switches my medicine, which makes me throw up for a few days, then the problems come back about a week later.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 am
I had the same problem, not so much the bleeding, but with the cysts and such.

Have you tried simply not taking the birth control? I know its not ideal with the cysts, but it could be the birth control since you've been taking it so long. Not sure on that.

But, like I said, I had/have cysts and I have a one year old and I'm pregnant with my second child. So, don't think you're infertile just because of that. It could be a reaction, albeit weird, to the medicine. 3nodding  

Alarmingly Charming

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

deadlymuse15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 am
Just PM me if you want to reply to this, please, as I'm logging off and will most likely forget to check this when I get back on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 am
I tried to stop taking it and the cysts came back with a vengence, it wasn't very pleasent, so I went back on it.

The only reason why I'm concerned with my fertility is because my doctor told me if I didn't take the birth control, it could make me infertile.

EDIT: And that if they got worse, it could make me infertile.  

deadlymuse15

deadlymuse15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:46 am
Oh, and congratulations :]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 am
You may want to have your gynecologist do a laprioscopy and see if you have endometriosis, which I totally just spelled those wrong. That could be part of your problem and the only way to find out if you have it is to have the procedure done.

But yes, cysts can cause you to be infertile and if they break..oh lord do they hurt. I had one break at the beginning of my current pregnancy, and well..that was no fun.

I highly suggest you talk to your gynecologist, and not just a regular family doctor. They might figure out something better for you. 3nodding  

Alarmingly Charming

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Jentern

Sparkly Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:59 am
I'm not sure how I can help with your situation, but you should really see your gynecologist. And if you do not have one, get one. A gyno knows more about things like that than a regular doctor would.

Also two things..you can't go to Lifestyles for help as you have learned x_x a lot of them can be immature. You are better off here. Also, nothing can ever be TMI, in this guild that I know of lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 am
What's endometriosis? And I have no idea what a laprioscopy is.

And they were going to do a papsmear (I think I spelled that wrong) but decided not to.

I'm terrified of going to a gyno. I'm only 15 >.<

@ Jentern: I didn't think anything could be TMI here, I just wanted to warn people :]  

deadlymuse15

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:38 pm
A gyno would have a better idea of what's going on with your fertility and reproductive systems than your regular doctor. You can ask to see a female one, or try going to a clinic that has a female gynocologist. And if you're nervous, you can take a parent, trusted adult or close friend with you if that would help you feel better.

Besides, once you're sexually active, you'll have to start seeing one anyways - that or when you turn 18, whichever comes first. wink

As for what endometriosis is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis

And a laproscopy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laproscopy  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:05 am
Thanks everybody, for all of your help :]  

deadlymuse15

Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items