Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 pm
Alright, in the past, we've had a problem with people posting bajillions of threads about their favorite artist or genre of music and cluttering up the main forum. This guide will tell you where to go in order to post about your favorite kinds of music.

PS, all the links are indeed clickable for your clicking convenience. wink

International Music
This subforum is for guild contests, announcements, graphics, rules, and cool threads that I think should be spotlighted. Please post here as an absolute last resort if you don't know where to put your thread.

Hip-Hop and Pop
Any threads relating to hip-hop or popular music go in here. Hip-hop is defined by the Free Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary as the stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rap; also : rap together with music. I'm going to use this definition, too. Popular music is whatever happens to be on the Billboard charts at the moment (omigod, conformity, run away!).

R&B, Jazz, and Blues
R&B means rhythm and blues. Jazz means jazz, and blues means blues. Any music that follows the 12-bar blues pattern can be discussed here. If you have no idea what the 12-bar blues pattern is or what it sounds like, an easy test it to sing the lyrics of the Batman theme song over the song you're thinking of. If it matches pretty well, then it follows the 12-bar blues pattern.

Rock and Alternative
Rock and roll is a form of popular music arising from and incorporating a variety of musical styles, especially rhythm and blues, country music, and gospel. I know this because I'm taking a class about the history of rock (and I looked up the definition online). If you're not sure that your stuff is really rock and roll, it's probably better to post it in either the Hip-Hop and Pop subforum or the All The Other Genres We Didn't Make a Subforum For subforum.

Metal
For all of you guys who think you're heavy metal fans, pay attention. Heavy metal is a type of rock music characterized by a strong beat and amplified instrumental effects, often with violent, nihilistic, and misogynistic lyrics. That means all of you Evanescence fans and you Paramore lovers don't post about their stuff in here. You belong in the Rock and Alternative subforum. Also, anything genre with the word metal in it goes here, but please, please, PLEASE double-check that it doesn't go into the Rock and Alternative subforum.

Techno, Electronica, etc.
If the music is created by remixing other songs, using electronic instruments like sequencers, drum machines, or the like, it belongs here. Try to keep the raves to a minimum, alrighty?

Classical, Orchestral, Chamber, and Soundtrack
This subforum is for discussing any kind of music that involves large group of musicians who play together on various instruments, usually including strings, woodwinds, brass instruments, and percussion instruments, also known as an orchestra! You can also discuss music involving an organized company of 15 or more singers, also known as a choir. In this guild, I consider a group to be an orchestra when there are at least 10 musicians in it and 3 of the groups of instruments mentioned above are being played. We do NOT post threads about our marching bands, orchestras, or choirs here. Those go in the Up and Coming Stars (for songwriters, musicians, and singers) subforum.

Asian Invasion
Some people argue that Asian music isn't really its own genre and can technically be put under any of the other subforums. This is true, but our original founder, Time2Beep, created this guild intending to emphasize music from Japan and Korea. Besides, I want to know where to find the hottest Asian guys all in one place. Doesn't everybody?

Bluegrass, Folk, and Country
Hey, the country music fans need a place to hang, too! This is a new subforum and I don't know why I didn't put one in before. So if you like Garth Brooks or Earl Scruggs or John Lomax or somebody else along those lines, this is your special little place.

All The Other Genres We Didn't Make a Subforum For
This should be easy to understand. Anything that doesn't fall under the above genres goes here. I can't make a subforum for every genre and subgenre of music that ever existed in all of human history. It would wear out my awesome crew members and just be waaaay too confusing for casual music enthusiasts. So if you like a really obscure genre, you can let us know about it here.

Up and Coming Stars (for songwriters, musicians, and singers)
If you want to talk about an instrument you play, a song you wrote, or anything related to ensembles, bands, or choirs, this is your subforum. You can also discuss where to find sheet music, things that relate to your particular instrument/talent, etc.

International Music Television (video links here)
If you found a video on another site that you want to share with the 3000+ members of IMG, you can post the links here. Discussions about music videos should also go here. Keep it clean, though. If it doesn't follow Gaia TOS or Rules and Guidelines, it shouldn't get in there

Chatterbox
Anything not related to music in any way, shape, or form can go here. Here, you can spam and bump as much as you want. It's ok if you put stuff related to music here, too. This is basically our randomosity subforum, so go nuts!

Anime and Manga
I bet you're asking yourself why there's a special subforum for anime and manga in a guild that's supposed to be dedicated to music. Well, I'll tell you why. I absolutely love anime and manga. I'm also the vice captain (formerly captain) of this guild. Therefore, I put in a special subforum just because I wanted one. Post anything you want that relates to anime and/or manga here.

Roleplay
Pretty much self-explanatory. Roleplays of almost any kind can be started here. I say almost because the only kinds of RPs that aren't allowed are ones that break Gaia TOS and Rules and Guidelines or ones that break Guild Rules. Otherwise, the sky's the limit.

Games
Also self-explanatory. You can play games here with other guild members if you want. I know there's currently a bunch of word games and Avi Above You games. Feel free to post any new and interesting ones!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:36 pm
tanx ^_^ that makes it much easier ARIGATO ^_^  

angel9skywalker

6,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
♫ International Music ♫

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers