I Hate my dad's Girlfriend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 pm
I'm not even kidding here. I used to try to get along with her, right? I would spend time talking to her, whatnot.

I hate her.

1st: She decided that my chore would be cleaning the bathrooms. Alright, I'm good with that, I get paid. So, naturally, she inspects to make sure I clean them weekly. So, since she's never home but my dad always is, he sees me cleaning them, even talks to me while I do. (I have a pretty good relationship with my dad right now.) But Judy does this thing where she "finds" something like a stain or something, cleans it, then tells my dad about it. Well, he saw me get soapy and sudsy cleaning up, but he never saw the stain, so he takes my side. Because he does, she corners me when we're alone and tells me that it's unacceptable.

2nd: This has only happened once, but still. Alright, the towels smell moldy, what do you do? You SWITCH them. I did and she told my dad I hadn't taken a shower in five days because the towels were still clean. -_- When she talked to me about it she said, and I quote: "You're mother taught you no hygiene, clearly. What kind of a slob was she?" I was very unhappy that day.

3rd: She goes trash diving. Literally, I have a personal witness now. My dad has me take vitamins, and recently we switched brands for my gag-reflex. So, I threw out the old ones. She asked my dad what I did with them, he asked me, I told him, he told her, the next day, they're sitting on the counter again. Another time, I was hungry, so I ate some food in the fridge. After throwing away the wrapper, I forgot about it (or even what it was named). On Saturday morning, she calls me at like eight and asks, "Did you eat the Udon?" Not knowing what she meant, I responded, "No, I don't know what you're talking about." She told me we'd discuss it at home. When she got back, she held out the wrapper and told me not to lie about what I ate, she'd just wanted to know if I had liked it.

She always talks very condescendingly to me, as if she's much smarter than I am. She is older than me, but that doesn't mean she should be condescending. She's rude. We once went to a nice restruraunt and she took off her shoes and crossed her legs in her chair, then lectured me about manners because my iPod was in my pocket (though I had stopped listening to it and was putting the headphones away).

She lectures me about health and whatnot, and uses her own life as an example. She was a loner when she was growing up, only caring about Tae Kwon Doe and school. She tells me all the time that it's stupid to date at this age, and how all my friends are stupid, and that I'm just a weird kid when I talk about stuff like going to the movies and sleep overs.

She once pretty much implied that my friend was going to get pregnant (she had yet to have her first kiss at this point) and my dad actually jumped in and told her off, since he knew the girl.

She lets her cat eat at the table. That's just kind of gross.

She constantly tells me that I'm gonna get bugs in my room. Except for the occasional house fly that crossed into my room on the rare occassion my door was open, no issues. Her kitchen has been infested by ants at least four times. We keep a can of Raid available always.

She clean EVERYTHING with sponges. Do you know how much bacteria collects in those things? My Bio teacher showed us a video and I almost threw up, thinking of the house I live in.

It has taken me a year to convince her to use napkins. My dad gave up after a month, but I kept at it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:09 pm
I think you should talk to your dad about her. You mentioned that you have a pretty good relationship with your dad, so I'm sure he would listen. Tell him about all of things you don't like about her. If he understands then I'm sure he'll have a talk with her about it. Maybe he can get her to at least be more respectful towards you.  

Rei Uchikino

Scorpions Glance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:01 pm
Rei Uchikino
I think you should talk to your dad about her. You mentioned that you have a pretty good relationship with your dad, so I'm sure he would listen. Tell him about all of things you don't like about her. If he understands then I'm sure he'll have a talk with her about it. Maybe he can get her to at least be more respectful towards you.
i agree i mean he loves u hes ur dad he'll listen to you  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:12 pm
Agreed. You say that your dad has seen some of this but is he aware of all of it? this woman sounds nuts. I really think you need to talk to him.

My friend's dad has a naked picture of his girlfriend on a motorcycle in their basement. Their basement is a renovated bar (with beer easily available and none of them are 21. My friend is 18 and her bros are cocky stupid 15 year olds), and they regularly have friends down there. The girlfriend has a 6 year old son. and there is a naked picture of her framed in the basement.

Some people have messed up girlfriends.  

The_Brightest_Moon

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 am
Things that no one seems to hear
If you can smile, up above
I hope you look down tomorrow, while I'm awake
To see all the times I laugh, and all the times I frown
Notice then that, just like you, nothing keeps me down
I'm hoping to talk to him tomorrow, considering the fight that happened today.

They were all touchy last night when they were dropping me off on their way to Chinese New Year (she's Chinese, so they went to celebrate) so today, they weren't much better.

She was irritating me all day. My dad was joking about how bad my room looked because my friend stayed over this weekend, leading to disaster. As they were leaving to run errands, he jokingly told me to pick it up and asked if I did my chores (basically cleaning the bathrooms). I told him I did so on Thursday, since my friend was coming over Friday after school.

As she was walking down the hall, she heard me say that and called out, "The shower doesn't look like it's been scrubbed, the black mold is still there." 1st of all, it's not mold, it's dirt from when they showered after hiking, this morning AND yesterday. 2nd if I cleaned it a few days ago, of course it looks dirty after being used twice a day.

She comes to my room as they're leaving with a bottle she claims to be bleach and water and a tiny scrubbing brush, saying that I need to scrub with Soft Scrub afterwards. Just to save the trouble, I did so after they left, and started the long process of cleaning my room, which somehow lasted until after dinner.

When I was done eating, I went to the kitchen and dropped my plate, fork, and glass in the sink. As I was coming out, she asks, "Are you just going to leave your plate in the sink?"

"Yes?"

"I'm not going to clean your dishes again, I've already washed two of your plates this weekend and your cup today, go and do the dishes, 'cause I'm not doing your dishes." I told her I was cleaning my room as a reason why I didn't just do so in the first place, turned, and washed my plate, fork, and cup.

Later, I heard her and dad yelling. I heard her say distinctly, "What does she do around the house, huh? What?"

Let's just say, Dad wasn't happy to hear that, and a yelled out string of curse words and a slammed door later, I heard my dad banging out some guitar music.

So, rant of the day over, I'll try talking to him tomorrow, see what he says.
Tanya Jean Spradling-Basilio-Pedigo
May 13, 1960 ~ November 4, 2008
Loving Sister, Devoted Daugther, Perfect Mom
Whisper softly to my ear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:55 am
Options - ignore her or talk to your dad about it.

She's obviously causing needless drama in the house, and is the root of negative energy. She sounds positively psychotic to me. @_@  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Kid Izzy-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:11 pm
You should talk to your dad about her. Since you have a good relationship with him it might be easier. Once you've dine that talk to her about your concerns if she really cares she'll take it to heart but if she doesn't.... just keep your mouth open she'll have to listen at some point  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:48 pm
This sounds exactly like my step-mom.

As others have said before, talk to your dad. Then, after he has talked to his girlfriend, get everyone to sit down and talk. We had to do this two or three times before my step-mom finally started to change what she was doing. We've even yelled at each other during these things, but thats to be expected.

Now, if she still doesn't change after your dad talks to her, or you guys all have a talk, keep telling your dad every negative thing she says/does to you.

Honestly, in my opinion, she sounds like a down-right b***h that only wants your dad to herself (same with my step-mom). And it clearly looks like she doesn't like you, probably because you aren't her kid. But if she expects to stay with your father, she'll learn to change.
If not, well, I'd show her the door.

Charms26

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:57 am
xXxcraziicandixXx
You should talk to your dad about her. Since you have a good relationship with him it might be easier. Once you've dine that talk to her about your concerns if she really cares she'll take it to heart but if she doesn't.... just keep your mouth open she'll have to listen at some point

Like my mom always says, talk enough, and you're bound to get your point across sometime.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games