Welcome to Gaia! ::

International Music

Back to Guilds

There's music all around the world! 

Tags: Music, Popular, International, Cultural, Chat 

Reply ♪ International Music Archives
Which artist do YOU want to win a grammy?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So... Who will it be?
Beyoncé
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
The Black Eyed Peas
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Kings Of Leon
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Lady Gaga
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 26

II-Captain Kiwi-II
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:54 pm
User Image

The time comes one again where we all come together to decide who will win the beautiful Grammy award!
And we all want to know...

Who would YOU pick for record of the year?

It’s time to predict Record of the Year, and we gotta feeling that the Grammy is going to the best, and nothing but:

RECORD OF THE YEAR NOMINEES:

• Beyoncé, “Halo”
• The Black Eyed Peas, “I Gotta Feeling”
• Kings Of Leon, “Use Somebody”
• Lady Gaga, “Poker Face”
• Taylor Swift, “You Belong With Me”

And now some thoughts from the crew!

THOUGHTS ON THE NOMINEES:

iV0id: It’s a tough race this year, as all of these picks were huge songs in 2009.. (Although “Poker Face” and “I Gotta Feeling” were the only singles to hit number one on Billboard’s Hot 100—the rest were all in the Top Five). In fact, we’re kind of sick of hearing all of these songs every time we turn on the radio!
Regardless, I'm baffled that “Halo” scored the nom here, since I believe “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” would have taken home the prize in a heartbeat.

Saga Shadow: None of these really surprise me at all. They've all become popular songs, even though I don't like most of them. And they all really could win the Grammy.

PoppyNorth324: I think they all deserve this award! You know, I'm just that kind of person, the one who says, "I have a cookie and five friends. I'll split it up!". However, I'm not a fan of Kings of Leon, so I'm not thrilled that they're up there.

LordKhrima: (Keeping in mind that these are just my opinions). Lady Gaga is absolutely horrible, and I am baffled as to why she is so popular. "I Gotta Feeling" is probably one of my least favorite songs at the moment. Taylor Swift is really bland, there's nothing special about anything she does. She seems like a nice enough person, but her music is just boring--nothing new or original whatsoever. Beyoncé is overrated and doesn't deserve the praise she gets. I'm not going to say she's absolutely horrible because I don't like too much hip hop anyways, but she's not exactly a good musician by any definition of the word. That being said, I'm not surprised that any of these four artists/songs got nominees. Lady Gaga has been pretty universally praised as the best new artists of the year from what I've seen, and she's been topping the charts so often it's not even funny. It's really no secret that she's insanely popular. (Even the Westburrow Baptist Church has been noticing her). I Gotta Feeling has been absolutely everywhere, it's on the radio constantly. There's no escaping this song. And The Black Eyed Peas have also been getting noticed a lot lately. I don't hear Taylor Swift as often, but I'm sure she's on the radio a fair amount. I don't think she's gotten as much attention as the other three this past year, but she's definitely gotten her fair share of it. Beyoncé has been everywhere, she's been airing on MTV a lot, she's gotten an abnormal amount of airtime on Fuse, she's been on the radio a bunch, she has the hip hop fanbase basically drooling over her. I thought Jay Z might have had a chance this year, but really, Beyoncé seems like a more obvious choice. Kings of Leon is the only one of those five that I consider a legitimately good band. Though of course I'm completely biased, as I'm sure everyone else is, because I enjoy rock music way more than pop, hiphop, or country. Still I love Use Somebody. They've gotten a fair amount of exposure, but I think they're in the same boat as Taylor Swift, where everyone knows about them, they've been around, but people haven't been wetting themselves over them nearly as much as the other three nominees. Though Taylor Swift got all that exposure from the MTV Music Awards, so now even people who have no idea about music at least know her name, so I think Kings of Leon are maybe the underdogs here. Which sounds ridiculous, because they've still gotten obscene amounts of exposure.

WHO I THINK WILL WIN:

iV0id: Kings of Leon’s: “Use Somebody.” Kings of Leon are the underdog rock band in a category filled with larger-than-life pop acts. Since I'm betting on Taylor Swift to win Song of the Year, I like to think Grammy voters will spread the wealth, and KOL’s yearning rock ballad will triumph. Remember, Alison Kraus and Robert Plant’s “Please Read the Letter” beat out the blockbuster smashes “Paper Planes,” “Bleeding Love,” and “Viva la Vida” at last year’s ceremony. Grammy voters don’t always go for the most obvious choices.

Saga Shadow: Unfortunately, for my tastes, I think Taylor Swift will win it. She's a talented songwriter, but I hate her voice. She's reached a level of popularity, though, that demands respect, and she could easily win the award.

PoppyNorth324: I think it might be Taylor, simply because of the whole Kanye West ordeal in 2009. I think people will want Taylor to acually have her moment in the sun. What Kanye did was really rude, and it really stole her thunder.
However, because of this, I think Beyoncé won't get a lot of votes. Kanye realy screwed her over with that one, in my opinion.

Verendum: Kings of Leon's, "Use Somebody." It's so obvious.

Anna-Jaganshi: I don't usually watch it or pay much attention to the Grammy's, but... Hm, I think maybe Black Eyed Peas are going to win. But I wouldn't mind if Lady Gaga won, either. xD

Shenamed Misery: "Use Somebody" is my opinion. ^_^

LordKhrima: Lady Gaga, no contest. Her songs are played on every pop station I've listened to. It feels like every other song I hear on some stations is Lady Gaga. Also the other stuff I said about her. And that she was named #1 artist of the year by Spin magazine, and I'm sure a bunch of others, and she keeps topping the charts. MTV also named her one of the top ten phenomenons of '09. Just for her performances/music. No other musician got that. Fuse has also been playing her more than any other artist, giving her a special hour long episode of Loaded, and making her one of the like five artists they have that get played a decent amount. That and her live performances, and just her in general have stirred up so much controversy that everyone is talking about Lady Gaga, with the weird outfits and attitude. She really does have a distinct style to her, that I think draws people in because of how different it is. I'd be very surprised if she didn't win this.

WHO SHOULD WIN:

iV0id: The Black Eyed Peas',“I Gotta Feeling.” The message of this party anthem is simple—let’s go out and have a good time!—but the energy truly never dies the whole way through this contagious song. There’s a reason it stayed number one on the Billboard charts for fourteen straight weeks. Come on, guys, they deserve it. (Based on actual, factual, information!)

Saga Shadow: Use Somebody should win. It's a great song, period. Kings of Leon are definitely the underdogs here, but I think they've earned it.

PoppyNorth324: The Black Eyed Peas. "I Gotta Feeling" is an amazing song, and that flash mob dance on the Oprah show was awesome. They have a good, fun song going for them, and I think that's really what is important.

LordKhrima: Kings of Leon because they're the only good band in that list. Basically what I already said about them. I think they've made a huge impact in the industry, and have done it with actually good music, unlike the other four nominees.

What do you think? Give us your vote!
Oh! And don't forget to tune in to the grammy awards Sunday at 8:00 et/pt!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 pm
beyonce she truly is the best singer for women  

beyonce bff

Verendum
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:23 pm
beyonce bff
beyonce she truly is the best singer for women

If you like Beyonce watch this Beyonce Parody. Hilarious.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:16 pm
Ga~ga ftw!!! <3333

puh puh puh pokerface puh puh pokerface
MAH MAH MAH MAH!!

iBenvolio_x

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:17 pm
definitely LAdy Gaga!!!! she has to win  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:19 pm
I'd rather not vote.  

S Metal Crusader B
Crew

Rosilien

Divine Nymph

18,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:40 pm
S Metal Crusader B
I'd rather not vote.

Hahaha.... Yeeeaaahhh.... I second your vote on not voting.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:04 pm
Love Lady Gaga, but I will have to go towards Beyonce this time.  

Fantazied_Puppet

The Scanner Sees Darkly
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:41 pm
I'd like for a lot of people to win a Grammy. None of them will, though.

I don't care who wins as long as it isn't the Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling", which was more like the worst album of the year than the best.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:13 pm
ldail_loveheart
Love Lady Gaga, but I will have to go towards Beyonce this time.

GO with yer FIRST INSTINCTS!! Lady Gaga is AMAZING!! rofl

Kate T McKat

Fashionable Vampire

3,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200

MarbleButton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:28 pm
WHERE THE HELL IS IMOGEN HEAP?? I LOVE HER!!!(: ILOVEYOUU(: put imogen heap on there damn it!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 am
i love lady gaga but also the black eyed peas!! heart heart  

XxLove_fantasyxX

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250

Kyoretsu Bijin

5,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 pm
I don't post usually in here (I mostly lurk), but I had a little something to say on who should/who would win...

I think Lady Gaga is amazing. Not only does she create different and interesting music, but her performances are stunning. She is so creative, and I truly wish she would win.

Unfortunately, I don't actually see her winning, because she is not the most popular out of the nominees. I believe that Beyonce will win, because she's the favorite, but I don't think she should win, if you all get the difference. /:  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm
Beyoncé, “Halo”  

Yakisoba Shingen

Original Noob

XxLove_fantasyxX

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:18 am
lady gaga  
♪ International Music Archives