Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Niozik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:10 pm
IF POSSIBLE SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR IDEAS ON A SCHOOL NAME AND NAMES FOR THE HOUSES!

I'm not really into role-play myself.
But with Harry Potter I think I would enjoy it greatly.

I just had an idea of a guild that was EXACTLY like a wizarding school.
Each member would have to make a second account that had a legit name, and wore certain attire. There would be posisitions and different years. There would be teachers and a headmaster, aswell as shopkeepers in the local towns and so on.

I'M TALKING FREAKIN' HUUUUGE!!
Like that Levicorpus thing, but on Gaia, I actually didn't even think of that game until just now.

All this in one guild.
My only problem is I would wan't to be apart of this, a student gaining years.
Everyone would start out as a 1st year, only teachers would be assigned, and jobs wouldn't open up until people graduated and so on.

So I'm in a dilemma.
It would be hard to hold onto the realistic-ness of being a student, but still have creative control.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:11 pm
Going to break this down with a little more organization.

SCHOOL ASPECT

There will be a Headmaster (Captain), Deputy HeadMaster/Mistress (Co-Captain),
Teachers (Mods), Groundskeeper(Mod-mainly thread cleansing), and Caretaker(same as Groundskeeper)

There will be actual classes, how this will work (thinking this up as I go) is 1st through 5 years will have to take mandatory classes, the times will be different for each house and the time will be set for every member. So if you can't get on during that class time, and you are absent BAM take off some house points. A little harsh but it will weed out the Gaians not so serious to the guild.

6th and 7th years ( like in the series) Can choose there own schedule, either to fit there proffessional needs or to co-incide with their realife schedule

You gain years not by how many posts, but by a time that will be later determined ( i'm guessing it will need to be sped up until 5th year or so because there will be a long gap between school and jobs.)

I don't want this to be hogwarts, so the houses will not be the same, there may be more, or less. I'm not quite sure, i'll think that up in the shower or when I sleep but yeah, it will have the basics. Smarts, Cunning, Bravery, Loyalty, Ambition and so on. I'd like suggestions for all these things if possible.

MORE TO COME  

Niozik

Niozik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:12 pm
JOB ASPECT

Well once you graduate from the wizarding school you can choose a profession according to your final test scores if the job requires certain levels. This involves alot of creativity, but it would have to be realistic. ( even in the world of HP)

You get a weekly salary (most likely fake) that you can use to purchase things.
Each student will start off with a certain amount of money and can gain more in school through shows of excellent role-playing or school/house competitions (note to remember that these are not like our competitions because you will not leave character, i'm guessing they will be like knowledge bowls and things like that)

The money aspect will create a need for the job of Banker, who will also be a moderator, as well as the Minister, and so on.

MORE TO COME

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:13 pm
Requirements

Attire for Captains and Crew would be discussed privately.
The students attire is as follows.

__Female wear

Grey University Skirt
-User Image
Grey University Uniform Top
-User Image
Black Hi-Tek Sandal
-User Image
Stockings
-User Image
-User Image
-User Image

__Male
Dark Trousers
-User Image

__Unisex

PomPom Scarfs
-User Image
-User Image
-User Image

__Not Mandatory/But acceptable

Lunar Cloak (in down posistion)
-User Image

There will be a mandatory join fee that will be given to a seperate account that can be used for a student store for discounted articles of clothing.

MORE TO COME  

Niozik

Niozik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:14 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:15 pm
Reserved  

Niozik

David FTW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:26 pm
I think it's a great idea!

I don't know about the realistic-ness of the students thought. Most people like to Mary-Sue it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:35 pm
Mary-Sue it?
I've updated more.

Niozik

David FTW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:05 pm
You know, act like they are the best witch/wizard. They're good at everything, they're the prettiest/hottest thing around. Oh, and they're Dumbledores brother, and Harry's twin and someone how Snape only son. The person how lost both of their parents and has to live on the street where they learn to fight. Boo-hoo -insertmorestupidn00bshithere-. People like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:24 pm
Hmmm.
We would just ban them.

But that could be a good plot twist and stuff.
Like make a certain someone decend from a royal bloodline or something.

Niozik

Niozik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:35 pm
And also not many noobish people would be able to keep up with this guild.
Not only with the outfit requirements, and the schedule and stuff.

Not worth the time for people that aren't going to be serious about it.
Which is good in some aspects and horrible in others.

Because it will mean some very dedicated members but also not that many.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:56 am
I think it's a good idea. I'd be willing to join either as a student or a teacher. It sounds like fun. ^^  

Psycho_Ryko

Spastic waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:59 am
I really think that this is a good idea, but that some excuses for absenses should be excused. Take into account time zone differences. If you make it that I have to be in potions class at 4pm your time, that could very well be 1pm my time. I'm in school at 1pm, I can't get on gaia if I'm sitting in math class. Maybe you could just have that they have to show up for classes on a certain day, and if they don't show up that day or give a valid excuse (which must be either given as soon as they get back on or before-for example, a vacation with no computer access must be told about a week in advance, a broken computer must be notified of as soon as possible) then that's considered a cut and house points are taken away. Also, you could look out for people that are giving phony cut excuses by checking their avi thing to see if they get online and don't give their reason for missing class or aren't in class. You could have prefects to help watch this, kind of the same job they have in HP, and the teachers and other students would of course watch.

-whew-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:59 pm
Wow, that sounds like a good idea! Are you thinking of making your own guild or what? I'm sure I could chip in to help you get one going and stuff.The classes couldn't be everyday though, since everyone has there own time schedule. I think whenever there sorted they could plan out one though. Like you could have different scheldules and the students could pick one. Example: One class could be one day that the students know they would be on. Anyway I think it would be a great idea!  

KimCL
Captain

Niozik

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:46 pm
Good ideas you two!
@kimcl I'm thinkin' about it.

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers